Photo

UK Regimen supplies and sunscreen recommendations

united kingdom britain

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#21 Treasure

Treasure

yarrr! Look what I found!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE(suedehead @ Jan 21 2007, 03:08 PM) View Post
sounds like it's discontinued

Nope, it's still in production. It's on their website. See here! wink.gif

there is a young woman named treasure
whose goodness is too hard to measure
it's hard to fathom a nicer person
so sweet and free of perversion
"meeting" her has been my extreme pleasure

She Who Must Be Obeyed

View Post

#22 prsnst

prsnst

Tom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:43 PM

i have ordered Panoxyl from this site.

http://www.pharmacy2...mp;ref=222910TR

#23 prsnst

prsnst

Tom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:46 PM

Im using dove soap as a face wash and vit E moisturiser and will shortly using Panoxyl as my BP anyone else use any of these ?

#24 shortyblitz

shortyblitz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(prsnst @ Jan 27 2007, 09:46 PM) View Post
Im using dove soap as a face wash and vit E moisturiser and will shortly using Panoxyl as my BP anyone else use any of these ?

I've using panoxyl 2.5 for 4 months and my skin is 100% clear (i don't even get spots in response to my menstrual cycle and i used to get loads of horrible huge red spots) my skin took nearly 3 months to visibly improve but now it's as if i never had problem skin. panoxyl will dry your skin for the first month but then your skin adapts to it, my skin is baby soft, redness and flake free! make sure you moisturise loads during the first month, i used diprobase (which is a prescription cream used by eczema sufferers) it takes ages to absorb and is greasy but it really protects against dryness (i rather have slightly shiny skin than be a flakey mess!) -good for the first couple of months. Alternatively you can buy aqueous cream over the counter (available at most pharmacies - I get mine from boots), this is another cream used by eczema sufferers and is lighter than diprobase so absorbs more easily.... during the first few monthe you may want to carry a tube of cream around with you to moisturise whenever you feel dry or get a bit flakey (elizabeth arden 8 hour cream is great for emmergency touch ups and is really soothing)......I also use Avene cleanser (available at large boots stores and selfridges pharmacy), this is a really mild mineral water-based gel cleanser that brilliantly cleans my skin without drying it........ it's really good for sensitive skin as it contains minimal chemicals and is water based.....on addition you may want to apply jojoba oil to wet/damp skin before moisturising as this locks in moisture......at night slather your skin with jojoba and cream to minimise dryness in the morning
spots.....cos I'm worth it!

#25 Stevie50001

Stevie50001

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:04 PM

Make sure the one you use is photostable... that is sunlight does not degrade the product. ALL of the suncreens in the Simple range are not photostable, and there is evidence to show that these (none photostable sunscreens) can have a detrimental effect on the skin.

If your ss has avobenzone (butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane) AND octinoxate (ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate /OMC)... then unless it also has tinosorb S - it is not photostable. OMC increases the photo-instability of avobenzone, and only tinosorb S can stabilise a formulation with the two of these.

In short it means most 'day creams' with spf are not photostable, and quite a few proper sunscreens are also not photostable.

Some brands which make photostable ss's or day creams are;
Boots Soltan
Garnier
Nivea
L'oreal
Olay

I should point out that suncreens which use physical filters exclusively are alway photostable.

When you take this into account it can become much harder to find the perfect ss for your skintype... im still looking. The best for acne prone skin ive found is La Roche Posay hydraphase XL spf15 ppd 12 (its a french brand not avail in the UK).

You also need to appy 1.25ml (1/4tsp) to the face alone to get the rated spf of a sunscreen - apply less and you drastically cut the protection.

#26 Anna-Sylvia

Anna-Sylvia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:50 AM

it\'z all about factor 50 boots vitamin added sunscreen

#27 dollbaby

dollbaby

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:43 AM

can you buy Alpha Hydrox AHA Enhanced Lotion in the uk? My skin on my body is so flakey thanks x
I AM 100% CLEAR ON FACE AND 97% CLEAR ON BODY

#28 lost in translation

lost in translation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:27 AM

Hey just came across this stuff http://www.boots.com...ationid=1018012 on the boots site, facial scrub and contains jojoba oil

claims: this Naked face wash is 96% natural and you'll never find any parabens, petrochemicals or sodium lauryl sulfate in our ingredients list.

Also came across this http://www.boots.com...ationid=1018009
Tea Tree + Witch Hazel Cleansing & Toning Lotion, the distilled Witch Hazel seems to be working wonders for the users in the other thread

and I was wondering whether anyone has used this stuff http://www.boots.com...ationid=1012346?
Simple Refreshing Facial Wash Gel, as I'm looking for a simple cleanser, thinking of ordering a whole batch of supplies so as to safe on postage

#29 Constantine

Constantine

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:03 PM

Tea Tree + Witch Hazel Cleansing & Toning Lotion

This range made me break out awfully.
Regimen:
  • Exercise -
    At least 3 times a week 'sweating' aerobic exercise
  • Diet -
    No wheat, dairy, processed sugar heavy foods, pork! etc.
    Plenty of vegetables, lots of tuna, chicken and other meats and proteins such as seeds. Occasionally fruits.
    Plenty of Olive Oil and coconut oil.
    Peppermint Tea
  • Wash -
    Dove sensitive hand lotion (for face) twice a day.
    LookGr8 Detoxifying Glycolic Wash once a day.
    Exfoliation by electric shaver.
  • Topical -
    Acnecide BP.
  • Supplements -
    Calcium+Magnesium, Multivitamin, Probiotic, Fish Oil, Zinc, Vit. C, Taurine, Vitamin A+D, Psyllium Husks.
  • Other -
    Sleep well and regularly.
    Meditate.
    Relax!

#30 temp123

temp123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:33 PM

Ibuprofen 5% sports gel twice a day. Any of the many different makes should work. It makes my acne hugely better. It helps get rid of small spots, but mostly it's a preventative though- you apply it where you get spots. It helps a bit with spots that have formed as well, but that's not the point of it, that's not where it shines.

I use it with a dilute tea tree oil laced face cream, but probably any good antibacterial would work. Should work with BP, but I haven't tried it (don't put it on at the same time though).

-Temp123

Using a combination of topical ibuprofen (5% sports gel) on face together with 10% tea tree cream. The combo works really well, excellent clearance, invisible, no bleaching, zero irritation, no dry skin, just smooth, (mostly) clear skin.

Topical ibuprofen is available in supermarkets in the UK (own brands are cheapest).

#31 Yoster

Yoster

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE (Dami4n @ Jun 26 2006, 06:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cleansers:

Act Washbar - Quite Drying and Acne Medicated but a good washbar for areas you feel acne isnt bad enough to need constant application of bp. I use the act washbar on my cheeks/forehead/neck and its excellent and a real bargain at £1.79 + p&p price depending on where in europe.
http://www.boots.com...oductid=1032669

Biore Oil Control Cleanser - A cleanser not washbar, i used this anywhere i applied bp to as its very mild and gentle, perfect to prep area before application of bp and doesnt leave area dry etc.
http://www.boots.com...mp;slmRefer=000

Boots Tea Tree + Witch Hazel Foaming Face Wash - Another cleanser ive tried, i stil have it altho i dont use now my flatmate does. As i liked the Biore Cleanser Better.
ph balanced, non comedogenic etc.
http://www.boots.com...mp;slmRefer=000

Not many of these links are active.

I was going to buy some BP for my skin, but tbh, I don't know if it's quite bad enough. So, I'm thinking I'll just try a cleanser to begin with and see if I can clear my skin up that way. At the moment I'm only washing with soap and water. Does anyone have any links to any cleansers available in the UK that might be useful? That Act washbar sounds good, as I've read countless times that normal soap isn't particularly good for the skin. Anywhere else I might be able to buy something similar?

#32 mysterious boy

mysterious boy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:50 AM

eusa_eh.gif eusa_eh.gif

#33 well_aye

well_aye

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:42 PM

iv been using panoxyl 2.5 gel for 5 years now and have been completly clear for 4 of them, like nothin no red marks left etc. i find it is very overdryin at first, but the results later are well worrth it, and i now find myself not followin any regimen religiously only 1 wash n apply a day n everythings fine. but yep, im my experience its worth goin for the panoxyl in this country, u can get 3 40g packs for only £10 from expresschemist.co.uk whilst payin £5 for the worse product oxy on the spot which is only 20g too..

#34 well_aye

well_aye

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:11 PM

iv noticed a lot of people slating panoxyl 2.5 gel and its pisssin me off along with the fact that people keep tellin me (UK based people) that dans products are cheaply aquired. well i beg to differ tbh. i appreciate everythingg dan has done for me if i seen him walkin down the street id run n hug the guy, but 23quid for all the products plus shippin is 50+quid a shot n im at uni n simply cant afford that every month. panoxyl 2.5gel i get from expresschemist.co.uk like someone mentioned above and its absolutely brilliant, yes is redness at first but its a great product u just have to moisturise is all. i use this ( iget a triple pack off that site for £8 atm 40g) and my moisturiser which i get for 3.99 at boots. i generally dont use LOADS of moisturiser tho, so one can last me up to 3 months, but usually get a triple pack of panox every month to a month n a half. so thats like £8 a month for any skint students out htere! god knows theres loads around!

oh and ive been on the regimen for like 7 years, since i found this website in its old old state (a tonne of posts about red marks i recall, just let em fade!) if anyone wants to see my progress with the panoxyl give me a message as I have all my progress pics on facebook)haha, im one day gunna try dans products tho n see what all the fuss is about!

KEEP THE FAITH

this was not a rant btw surprised.gif

#35 Mezzer

Mezzer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Dami4n @ May 16 2006, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im personally using :
http://www.boots.com...oductid=1069737
^ Simple Sun Face Protection Lotion SPF 20

and cant fault it

I looked at the Simple Sun one from Boots it's SPF 30.

Is this the one you're talking about?

http://www.boots.com...catalogId=11051

#36 Akb

Akb

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (Dami4n @ Jun 26 2006, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
was going through the main acne.org site and thought id help out a bit by providing some links for products for the section "outside the US"
mainly for europeans
also this site that ive used to display the products is a MAIN supplier in the UK and europe
www.boots.com
there is a boots in most towns and every city ive ever been to so its a solid supplier.

Cleansers:

Act Washbar - Quite Drying and Acne Medicated but a good washbar for areas you feel acne isnt bad enough to need constant application of bp. I use the act washbar on my cheeks/forehead/neck and its excellent and a real bargain at £1.79 + p&p price depending on where in europe.

Biore Oil Control Cleanser - A cleanser not washbar, i used this anywhere i applied bp to as its very mild and gentle, perfect to prep area before application of bp and doesnt leave area dry etc.

Boots Tea Tree + Witch Hazel Foaming Face Wash - Another cleanser ive tried, i stil have it altho i dont use now my flatmate does. As i liked the Biore Cleanser Better.

Benzoyl Peroxide Products:

note:site used for shipping is my only other online pharmacy i use (boots dont seem to sell BP products online but these do: www.expresschemist.com
they also deliver to europe etc.

Panoxyl Aquagel 2.5 40g - The only 2.5% Bp i know of available in the Uk which is OTC. Some member use but like we all know its known to cause redness, none the less available at most pharmacys etc.

Brevoxyl Cream 40g - I thought id add this as it was the one i started off with, its a cream bp at 4% not 2.5, however it did its job at the start. I came off once i realised i could get the CSR gel at a good price to the uk and my skin was a lot better once i changed. I do however have sensitive skin so that might have been the problem.

Moisturisers:

Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream with 5% Urea - The only moisturiser id suggest in the UK, id say 95% of UK members use this moisturiser, its EXCELLENT. I used a crappy moisturiser before this one and it was leaving my skin flakey etc. Once i switched it was AMAZING how much difference a quality moisturiser made.
My skin was hardly flakey etc and was 10x better. The only moisturiser i ever suggest to UK members. It is however an AHA moisturiser so id only suggest after a few weeks into the regimen etc etc etc.

hope thats it might be helpful as reference or something. smile.gif

I would like to know if i have shpould use the panoxly gel the same amount tha dan said for his own bp gel?

#37 Witchfinderjohn

Witchfinderjohn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (Dami4n @ Jun 25 2006, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
was going through the main acne.org site and thought id help out a bit by providing some links for products for the section "outside the US"
mainly for europeans
also this site that ive used to display the products is a MAIN supplier in the UK and europe
www.boots.com
there is a boots in most towns and every city ive ever been to so its a solid supplier.

Cleansers:

Benzoyl Peroxide Products:

note:site used for shipping is my only other online pharmacy i use (boots dont seem to sell BP products online but these do: www.expresschemist.com
they also deliver to europe etc.

Panoxyl Aquagel 2.5 40g - The only 2.5% Bp i know of available in the Uk which is OTC. Some member use but like we all know its known to cause redness, none the less available at most pharmacys etc.

Brevoxyl Cream 40g - I thought id add this as it was the one i started off with, its a cream bp at 4% not 2.5, however it did its job at the start. I came off once i realised i could get the CSR gel at a good price to the uk and my skin was a lot better once i changed. I do however have sensitive skin so that might have been the problem.

Moisturisers:

Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream with 5% Urea - The only moisturiser id suggest in the UK, id say 95% of UK members use this moisturiser, its EXCELLENT. I used a crappy moisturiser before this one and it was leaving my skin flakey etc. Once i switched it was AMAZING how much difference a quality moisturiser made.
My skin was hardly flakey etc and was 10x better. The only moisturiser i ever suggest to UK members. It is however an AHA moisturiser so id only suggest after a few weeks into the regimen etc etc etc.

hope thats it might be helpful as reference or something. smile.gif

#38 Witchfinderjohn

Witchfinderjohn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:20 AM

Hi,
thatnks for the info. Have you any idea what Alpha Hydrox AHA I can use in the UK?
I am following the regimem for moderate chest acne.

Many thanks
John

#39 Witchfinderjohn

Witchfinderjohn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:26 AM

Apologies...posted twice by mistake

#40 PLONKER

PLONKER

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:12 AM

Formula Instant Fix SPF 30 Face Veil by Marks and Spencer

http://www.marksands.../...p;rh=&page=

Description: This gentle mineral sun filter system provides an effective defence system against harmful UVA and UVB rays, protecting against premature ageing. An antioxidant system shields against the damaging effects of everyday pollution. It can be used over any moisturiser and forms a smooth base for make-up. Ideal for those days which demand extra protection, such as pressures of city life or sunny days

Fantastic product, absorbs easily and is not remotely greasy at all! Can be used with moisturiser and make-up. Try the tester in M&S!