Photo

What causes acne on forehead??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 CLouds

CLouds

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:50 AM

I used to always have acne on all parts of my face all though the part from my forehead down(chin, cheeks, neck, jawline) has always been consistently getting clear and now i pretty much have only have like 1 small zit on my cheek. But my forehead is always inconsistent it seems like when its about to clear up 6 more zits break out, and then ill be clear for a day or two then itll break out again.
The only time that my forehead has been clear for more than a day or two was when i didnt masturbate for like 3 weeks, my forehead was clear for nearly the whole time, i know this sounds stupid to some but im just wondering if neone knows about what causes acne on the forehead??
any advice would be greatly appreciated....

#2 LabGirl81

LabGirl81

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 17 May 2006 - 12:49 AM

Ummmm.....clooged up pores on the forehead...... eusa_think.gif

#3 jasota

jasota

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:13 AM

dandruff?

#4 FaithFromHeart19

FaithFromHeart19

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2006 - 06:39 PM

It's related to liver congestion. A lot of people have done liver flushes and say that their forehead acne goes away. I'm no expert, however, but if you search online you can find information about it. I'm sure someone can explain it better than I can, but I just know that forehead acne is (at least partly) due to liver congestion.

#5 cool as kim deal

cool as kim deal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Posted 17 May 2006 - 07:06 PM

How often do you wash your hair and how long is it? One of my friends had very mild acne. After a study abroad in Africa, he decided that washing his hair was pointless, and so he just let it go for a few months without washing it. Being obsessed with my own skin and interested in others', I noticed over those months that the longer his hair grew and the oilier it got, the acne on his forehead and sides of his face just exploded. He has since wisened up, cut his hair and started washing it more often, and his acne has gotten better but it is still much worse than it was before he went abroad.

#6 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:01 PM

Hair sprays and gels can contribute to forehead acne, as can hair hanging over your forehead.

#7 Voce

Voce

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:44 PM

Bangs.

#8 Dingo Jellybean

Dingo Jellybean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:30 PM

I have hepatitis B and my forehead is about as clear and acne-scar free as you can get.

#9 FaithFromHeart19

FaithFromHeart19

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2006 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE(Super Bellybutton @ May 18 2006, 09:30 PM) View Post

I have hepatitis B and my forehead is about as clear and acne-scar free as you can get.

I wasn't trying to infer that liver congestion= acne on forehead. I'm just saying that some sources say that people who are acne prone on the forehead, are so partly because of liver congestion. Not all people with liver problems from diseases are going to get acne on the forehead.

#10 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:02 AM

Theres little difference between the skins structure on the forehead and anywhere else on your face. The forehead is one of the most oily areas though and that is why acne likes to make its home there. You can get 'pomade acne' through using hair products that can block pores, but its quite rare really, if all hair products did this, then everyone would have acne on the forehead. If you are really paranoid about hair products effect on acne, then stop using them or get a skin head!

#11 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 20 May 2006 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE(ben100604 @ May 20 2006, 03:02 AM) View Post

Theres little difference between the skins structure on the forehead and anywhere else on your face. The forehead is one of the most oily areas though and that is why acne likes to make its home there. You can get 'pomade acne' through using hair products that can block pores, but its quite rare really, if all hair products did this, then everyone would have acne on the forehead. If you are really paranoid about hair products effect on acne, then stop using them or get a skin head!

I think hair products may cause breakouts if you are prone to acne. Those who aren't acne prone can probably spray whatever they want on their foreheads, and will have no problem! If you look at the ingredients in many sprays and gels (and even some conditioners and shampoos) - some are comedogenic substances. Something that is designed to glue your hair in places sounds like it would not be too great for your pores? That combined with oil from your hair, and you can potentially exacerbate acne breakouts.

#12 mulzachan

mulzachan

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:45 PM

i know a lot of kids in my school that have long hair that hangs over their face, and they have some really bad acne on the forehead. im assuming its not much of a coincidence.

#13 cflow

cflow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:12 AM

liver cleansers are good, they helped me a little. but what helped a lot was b12. i take b5 to control sebum. it never really did much for my forehead though. b12 is working great. just one pill a day.

#14 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE(LabGirl81 @ May 17 2006, 01:49 AM) View Post
Ummmm.....clooged up pores on the forehead...... eusa_think.gif

youre cute Sarah lol.gif

QUOTE(imok @ May 15 2006, 12:50 PM) View Post
I used to always have acne on all parts of my face all though the part from my forehead down(chin, cheeks, neck, jawline) has always been consistently getting clear and now i pretty much have only have like 1 small zit on my cheek. But my forehead is always inconsistent it seems like when its about to clear up 6 more zits break out, and then ill be clear for a day or two then itll break out again.
The only time that my forehead has been clear for more than a day or two was when i didnt masturbate for like 3 weeks, my forehead was clear for nearly the whole time, i know this sounds stupid to some but im just wondering if neone knows about what causes acne on the forehead??
any advice would be greatly appreciated....

Does your shampoo have SLS in it? That may be part of the problem. Mine has SLS also but I make sure I get every bit of it off my forehead.

#15 J_J_C

J_J_C

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:03 AM

Thank you so much for mentioning that SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulfate) in shampoo could be a cause. I hadn't ever heard of this and definitely didn't know it could cause forehead acne. I tend to change shampoo brands frequently, and sure enough the last 2 types I bought had SLS in them. I immediately stopped using them and within a day the difference in my acne was really noticeable. Thank you so much once again.

#16 Rob.B

Rob.B

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:09 AM

hello all,

my mother an d father had also acne on forehead.
i have read on that the forehead acne can be hereditary too. that will be true? in my case - i think yes. confused.gif

#17 anonymice

anonymice

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:14 AM

I have my own theories about this "forehead acne".

I think it's caused by sweat...

If you combine all stories together it leads to "sweat" aswell!

Look:

The only time that my forehead has been clear for more than a day or two was when i didnt masturbate for like 3 weeks

Well, masturbating results in sweating, does it not?

he decided that washing his hair was pointless,

Probably he didn't only wash his hair, but also his forehead to clean up sweat?

Hair sprays and gels can contribute to forehead acne, as can hair hanging over your forehead.

They all block sweat to come out your skin, so that sweat stays on/inside your skin!

So, I think its sweat.

#18 sick-of-her-skin

sick-of-her-skin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:52 PM

I know this is an old thread, but besides the obvious (sweat, clogged pores, & hair product) I think digestion could really be the reason. I've been having problems with poor digestion for awhile now, and my forehead is the ONLY place I've ever gotten any acne. Since sophomore yr of hs I've gone in a cycle of breaking out in BAD cystic acne only on my forehead beginning around october and ending in deep dark purplish scars/craters in the spring/early summer. It sucks because I always think I've finally beaten my forehead acne issues only to have another round of brutal painful scar-causing cysts and pustlues pop up (no pun intended) the next fall/winter. doubt.gif

#19 busypenguin

busypenguin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (anonymice @ Jul 6 2010, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you combine all stories together it leads to "sweat" aswell!

Well, masturbating results in sweating, does it not?

Probably he didn't only wash his hair, but also his forehead to clean up sweat?

They all block sweat to come out your skin, so that sweat stays on/inside your skin!

That leads me to bacteria more than sweat. When the OP said his acne cleared up when he stopped masturbating, that made me consider that maybe he wasn't as clean "down there" as he'd hope for. OP, do you wash your hands after masturbating? If not, you're bringing all that bacteria from a very warm and usually moist area to any part of your body you touch until you do wash your hands.

Also, I don't break a sweat at all when I masturbate, anonymice! You must be very enthusiastic!

As for washing the hair, oil on the skin acts like those sticky oil traps. Dirt and dander in the air stick to the oil and the bacteria from that causes the pimples. The oil isn't being washed away, clogging the skin on top of collecting more soil and bacteria. Hair sprays and gels act the same way.

Sweat itself is actually relatively clean. It's just water, salt, and other minerals. The problem is that sweat moves around body oils that are also being excreted. And, while it's still wet, sweat can trap soil. We actually sweat a lot more than we realize, all over our body. It just evaporates too quickly to "break" and we don't notice, leaving behind just the salt. I wouldn't think that salt causes acne.

#20 Skin Vixon

Skin Vixon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:13 AM

When you have acne of any kind you want to look FIRST at your product.
DOES any of it have irritiants SLS (sodium Laurel/laureth sulfate) and any of its
hidden names can be a big culprate.

But when peole get acne they tend to starts using a massive amount of products that
start stripping their skin. Either from OTC over the counter or from their Dermatologist.

1. Get a cleanser, Burts Bees 1% salycilic is an OTC that is gentle and works on unclogging black heads
, Avalon Organics Vitamin C its in the orange bottle is a nice every day wash.

This is another way to help attack the problem

Glowing Skin Smoothie

What we put into our bodies is undeniably reflected on the outside. The foods we eat are either alkalizing or acid producing, and foods like dairy, sugar, refined carbohydrates and processed foods leave behind an acidic ash after they are metabolized. The body has a hard time balancing out the extra acids, and the excess acidity will show itself on your face.

A pH of 6.5 is ideal for healthy skin. (You can test your own pH with test strips from your favorite health food store.) An overly acidic diet will cause a pH imbalance, which could trigger skin issues such as acne, dryness, flakiness, and irritation.

The good news? You can eat your way to better skin. Certain foods stabilize and restore the skin’s pH. My top ten: lemon, watermelon, cucumber, romaine lettuce, celery, avocado, papaya, parsley, almonds and brown rice.

Lemon water is actually one of your best allies when fighting acidity. Water is naturally alkaline, and adding lemon makes it even more so. Those struggling with skin issues such as rashes, eczema, acne or psoriasis will especially notice the benefits of alkaline water.

For truly glowing skin, aim for 60-80% alkaline foods and 20 to 40% acidic foods at each meal. This means loading up your plate with veggies and limiting acid producing foods like dairy and meat. An ideal lunch, for example, might be brown rice with vegetables and kale salad on the side. Pack in even more veggies with a green smoothie for breakfast or a snack—here's a recipe that's a current favorite:

Glowing Skin Green Smoothie (serves 2)
■ 1/2 cup almond milk
■ 1 banana
■ 1/2 cucumber
■ 1/2 avocado
■ 1 cup spinach
■ 4-6 leaves romaine
■ 8-10 green grapes
■ handful of ice

For a bit of warmth, add a dash of cinnamon; for vibrant freshness, add a handful of parsley; for a rich dessert smoothie, add a tablespoon of cocoa or cacao powder and a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.