Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Shea Butter

7 posts in this topic

I've been hearing great things about shea butter for acne scars. It's not supposed to cause break outs. Has anyone ever used this?

I am temted to give it a try

If your success is not on your own terms, if it looks good to the world but does not feel good in your heart, it is not success at all - Anna Quindlen

It doesn't work for acne scars and it's a bit thick for the face if it's 100% pure - but it's a good body moisteriser.

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

Hey Maya,

Thanks for responding. Have you used the shea butter?

If your success is not on your own terms, if it looks good to the world but does not feel good in your heart, it is not success at all - Anna Quindlen

Yes, I have this 100% shea butter - it's like lard!! You have to warm it up in your hands to get it into a liquid - it's rather too oily to use on the face, but it's excellent for very dry skin and on the lips. Also, it's a good carrier for essential oils if you want to rub it over your body.

Personally, I prefer to use the emu oil as a moisteriser on my face - that or jojoba oil. None of them help with scars particularly

What kind of scars are you trying to get rid of?

Hi again Maya,

I am trying to get rid of ice pick scars. They arent large but I have quite a few of them. Some just look like really large pores (some larger) but are extremely hard to get rid of.

I guess this is another gimic (the shea butter that is). The emu oil looks great from what you've been saying about it.

Just ordered the super copper peptides from skin biology and wanted to get a free sample of the emu oil but I cant get a hold of skin biology. My e-mails are returned as undeliverable and when I call them it just goes directly to voice mail. Grrrr =)

Thanks for all of your help. I will not be ordering the shea butter thanks to you. I am glad I was able to talk to you before I bought this and added it to the box full of rejects =)

Yeah Lisa - you can't believe how many scams I bought into #-o That's why this forum is so great.

My e-mails are returned as undeliverable and when I call them it just goes directly to voice mail. Grrrr =)  

Dr Pickart is on holidays in Europe until mid September so skinbio isn't taking any emails.

"As you think, so you are. As you imagine, so you become"