Photo

Pot Pimples ... Smoking Marijuana and Acne

pimple pimples

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#1 KnowShow

KnowShow

"you need to forgive everyone in your life, and yourself

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:13 PM

I used to think that when I smoked pot I would break out and I heard of the expression Pot Pimples. I have since stopped smoking weed and have not noticed any difference. Has anyone had any experience with this subject?? Now I know that the Chinese believe that anything smoked brings heat into the body (obviously) that is very toxic and the heat alone will cause all sorts of problems. I also used to smoke cigarettes and definately noticed no difference when I stopped this habit as well, but again I've heard differently for others, and if you smoke you should quit anyways. Also I have heard that smoking marijuana can cause gall stones for some people. Now I also used to use oxycontin regularly and that was when my acne was at its worse, but I also didn't take very good care of myself, actually no care at all. Even when I would take Vicoden I would seem to break out, probably the toxins. So -------- the weed ???? Anybody???

#2 Someone111

Someone111

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:01 AM

weed has got some medicinal purposes, but it may aggravate acne, though its on a different level than cigarettes so you cant compare, im not sure if it does do anything though

#3 KnowShow

KnowShow

"you need to forgive everyone in your life, and yourself

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:26 AM

yes weed does have its medicinal purposes, which is mostly from the THC. When you smoke it though you are smoking so much other crap thats not important so that can be very bad for your health. This is why making cookies or brownies is better for you. Also a vaporizer is much better than actually lighting the weed because a vaporizer only heats the weed to a very high temperature, thus creating vapors for you to inhale, which is much better for the lungs as well. Maybe when if I get clear from Wai's diet, freeacnebook.com , I will try smoking some weed, then I will compare the results to cooking with it.
Ahh.. getting high for educational purposes.. Don't try this at home kids...

#4 Someone111

Someone111

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2006 - 06:43 AM

lol dont mention weed, that ant24 kid will come running here and start a moral dilemma for everyone

#5 jenny.

jenny.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:11 PM

i used to break out around my mouth when i was smoking pot from sharing a bong with people. when i realized what the problem was, i started using astringent to clean the bong in between uses.
AM
cetaphil gentle skin cleanser
oil of olay complete with spf 15
physician's formula mineral makeup

PM
ponds makeup removing wipes
cetaphil gentle skin cleanser
differin gel
oil of olay complete with spf 15
yasmin bc

finished accutane January 2, 2007 - this is my log

#6 Jimmeny_Cricket

Jimmeny_Cricket

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2006 - 04:53 PM

Smoking it won't do your skin any favours really, but depends on how sensitive your skin is really. I smoked coupla joints last night and my skin isn't much different from yesterday so was lucky it didnt effect me really. Think hash cakes are the way forward though, will be baking a couple for festivals this year. dozing.gif biggrin.gif
Forget
Everything
And
Remember

For
Everything
A
Reason

#7 Makeing me Quackie!

Makeing me Quackie!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2006 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE(KnowShow @ May 4 2006, 11:13 PM) View Post

I used to think that when I smoked pot I would break out and I heard of the expression Pot Pimples. I have since stopped smoking weed and have not noticed any difference. Has anyone had any experience with this subject?? Now I know that the Chinese believe that anything smoked brings heat into the body (obviously) that is very toxic and the heat alone will cause all sorts of problems. I also used to smoke cigarettes and definately noticed no difference when I stopped this habit as well, but again I've heard differently for others, and if you smoke you should quit anyways. Also I have heard that smoking marijuana can cause gall stones for some people. Now I also used to use oxycontin regularly and that was when my acne was at its worse, but I also didn't take very good care of myself, actually no care at all. Even when I would take Vicoden I would seem to break out, probably the toxins. So -------- the weed ???? Anybody???

I TAKE PERCS FOR MY BACK AND I SWEAR IM THINKING THAT AFTER AWHILE MY BODY CANT TAKE THEM ANYMORE AND ITS WHAT IS MAKING ME BREAKOUT! I NEVER HAD ACNE IN MY LIFE!!! I DUNNO IF IT JUST KILLED MYLIVER OR WHAT BUT EVERYONE KEEPS SAYING ITS PROBABLY THEM AND I SAID NO. BUT SINCE YOU TOOK VICS AND BROKEOUT IT JUST MIGHT BE...

OH AND iVE SMOKED POT UP UNTILL A YEAR AGO. ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT AND NEVER BROKE OUT.
What I do and have been doing for a looooooooooooong time.
Why I broke out all of a sudden is beyond me... Might be a a female thing I think..Anywaysss

I wake up and wash my face with Murad AHA BHA Exfoliating Cleanser (its very very gentle) and then wash with MALIN+GOETZ facial cleanser

During the day I wash with St Ives Apricot Scrub. Sometimes the one for acne sometimes not.

At night I wash my face b4 bed or else I cant fall asleep and wash with Murad Pomegranate foaming wash and moisturize with MALIN + GOETZ (his stuff is good its the only moisturizer that doesnt feel heavy or greasy. I absorbs fast too)

#8 kevo1187

kevo1187

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2006 - 05:13 PM

i don't smoke, never have, but....
my friend used to smoke and had pretty mild acne
he hasn't smoked it a few months and now his skin looks really good
this could be a large conicidence
or he may have gone to a dermatologist
i'm not so sure, but just thought id share that

#9 ~TEPL0~

~TEPL0~

back from the dead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2006 - 05:15 PM

when you smoke weed, you get cravings for terrible crappy food, which is usually high-carb and high-sugar, and since you're high, you go ahead and eat it, cause you don't care. That's how weed causes acne.

#10 ClearMeUpTane77

ClearMeUpTane77

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 07 May 2006 - 06:08 PM

I've never heard of weed causing acne. In fact I tried to research it online using google and a couple of sites says there's no link. I quit smoking a month ago and I'm still breaking out.
21 yr. old female, 40mg Accutane

#11 mr.420

mr.420

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:06 PM

it might cause acne if theirs lots of smoke up in your face and shit, you kno if your hotboxing but i dont think otherwise.

#12 bright eyes

bright eyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE(KnowShow @ May 5 2006, 01:13 AM) View Post

Smoking weed doesn't make a difference in my skin. And your acne was probably worse when on opiates bc the itchies. I know when I'm doped up that my nose and chin itch constantly. Along with the redt of my face...and I usually get more breakouts. Plus I'm more carefree when doped up bc you're pretty much numb and clouded with euphoria...who gives a care about skin problems when ya feel that. haha. But yeah I think quitting cigs would definitely benefit my skin. I need willpower.

QUOTE(Jimmeny_Cricket @ May 7 2006, 06:53 PM) View Post

Smoking it won't do your skin any favours really, but depends on how sensitive your skin is really. I smoked coupla joints last night and my skin isn't much different from yesterday so was lucky it didnt effect me really. Think hash cakes are the way forward though, will be baking a couple for festivals this year. dozing.gif biggrin.gif

What festivals will you be going to? I was going to go to Bonnaroo, but found out MTV was running it and it's going to be too commercial for me...there's still a decent line up though. I went 2004 and 2005. This year I'm going to Wakarusa and All Good for sure...not sure if I'll go to anymore unless there's some awesome line ups.
There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self. - Aldous Huxley

Smoke your pipe and be silent; for there's only wind and smoke in the world. -Irish Proverb

#13 Jimmeny_Cricket

Jimmeny_Cricket

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE(bright eyes @ May 8 2006, 04:06 AM) View Post

What festivals will you be going to? I was going to go to Bonnaroo, but found out MTV was running it and it's going to be too commercial for me...there's still a decent line up though. I went 2004 and 2005. This year I'm going to Wakarusa and All Good for sure...not sure if I'll go to anymore unless there's some awesome line ups.

Sorry man, I'm in the UK so no American fests for me! Going to Reading for the whole weekend and V fest for the Saturday. Should be a great laugh cos I've never been to Reading before.

Probably a stupid question, but wondered if doing mushrooms (psychadelic not garlic! biggrin.gif ) would affect acne at all?
Forget
Everything
And
Remember

For
Everything
A
Reason

#14 bright eyes

bright eyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE(Jimmeny_Cricket @ May 9 2006, 06:26 PM) View Post

Sorry man, I'm in the UK so no American fests for me! Going to Reading for the whole weekend and V fest for the Saturday. Should be a great laugh cos I've never been to Reading before.

Probably a stupid question, but wondered if doing mushrooms (psychadelic not garlic! biggrin.gif ) would affect acne at all?

Never really affected mine....I think your safe.haha Just remember no worries when doing any hallucinogens, and you can control your trip...be safe and have fun.
There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self. - Aldous Huxley

Smoke your pipe and be silent; for there's only wind and smoke in the world. -Irish Proverb

#15 srcl14

srcl14

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:17 AM

While I don't know the scientific evidence of pot causing acne I have known a lot of potheads over the years (some of the nicest people I've ever met because they are never upset about anything haha) Anyway, most of the potheads I've known have had pretty bad acne, mostly guys around where they have to shave. In general most of those people though don't do much besides smoke pot, eat, and sit in front of the tv. So I associated their acne more with no face washing, no topical treatmnents, ect... because they could care less about taking care of their skin when their blown. So, I say moderation is the key, like with everything else. Don't get so involved in pot that you neglect basic hygiene but don't underestimate the stress relieving power of the occassional J.

I think it's the same with people who drink a lot. You have to think when your mind is heavily altered, washing your face before you pass out is the last thing on your mind. On a political note, I prefer pot and people who smoke pot over alcohol and people who drink a lot because I've never seen anyone who is high get violent or do much worse than say some silly things and eat a lot, I have however, seen many many drunk people get violent, and do some pretty dumb things.....so tell me why is it legal to drink to the point of near death, but not to smoke even just one bowl??

#16 Janiet53

Janiet53

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE(Jimmeny_Cricket @ May 9 2006, 04:26 PM) View Post

A few of my friends went to reading last year and the year before that and loads more are going this year, apparantly it brilliant! I'm sure you'll have a fab time! biggrin.gif

Also this girl I know that does mushrooms has perfect skin, but she isn't acne prone smile.gif

Started 20-12-2005
My regimen (Once a day at night, as I only have very mild acne):

Simple Cleansing Wipes
CSR BP gel
Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream

Members of the super sexy Acne.orgy pile- Raleigh, BFGUITAR, Beanz, Calibos, Coughdrop, Donkey, Beejay, Posh, Janiet53, Erniemccrazyface, Intoxifornication, Ronaldo, Realist, Mask, Femina_Mala_Est, Cookiekiss,
Chipmunk Spunk, YahYah, Mandy, Spike Rules89, Gregb, SunnyGorilla

#17 peace of mind

peace of mind

The Dude Abides

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:29 AM

Anyone been to Hempfest here in Seattle? I haven't seen any corelation with weed and acne. Just the muncnies. I had the same problem with the bongs though lol. I love blunts. I quit smoking weed for months at a time and I'd still breakout. Anyone heard that it stunts your growth?
21 yr old male off of 'tane, now using tazorac cream once at night. would love tips and suggestions.

#18 Charles Lee

Charles Lee

Understand

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE(KnowShow @ May 5 2006, 01:26 AM) View Post

yes weed does have its medicinal purposes, which is mostly from the THC.

Actually most of it's medicinal uses are from the 60+ different cabbinnoids in the plant.

[sig-img:95]

#19 aside

aside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:00 AM

yea my friend said bush made him break out but hes jus a stupid lil stoner and who trusts deros.. THATS RIGHT, DEROS

#20 H-2-0

H-2-0

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:34 AM

I know a few people who smoke it daily and they don't have skin problems.. I think your barking up the wrong bush.. wink.gif