This topic is archived.
12 replies to this topic

#1 ronaldo

ronaldo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me
  • Interests:football (damn you portugal and ronaldo), my job at sony where i sit on my arse all day and play computer games

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:31 PM

this worked for me so i have no doubt it will work for other people to. Ok so i have had back acne quite bad for ages and over the last few months have had some appear on my chest as well. About 3 weeks ago i decided to start using the sunbeds twice a week mainly just to cover the couple of scars i have on my face from previous acne, i have always been more concerned with my face than my body acne because you cant see the body acne when you have a top on and go out but your face is always on show. so anyway after going on the sunbeds six times for 5 minutes and doing a bit of sunbathing (only a couple of times, i live in england and its only been sunny enough to sit out about 5 times this year lol) it has all gone, i was really suprised because it cleared up really quickly and nothing i have tried before had worked. I would really reccomend anyone with body acne to try this out
I went to the library to take out some books but the librarian said i could only take them if i rolled my pants up, i thought hmmm thats a turn up for the books :)

#2 spotbuster

spotbuster

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:37 PM

yes i done the sun thing too mate but in the long run it aint good for your skin..skin cancer hello!!if you stop doing the sunbeds ur acne will come back within 3 weeks..thats what happened to me everytime i came back off holidays...

#3 ronaldo

ronaldo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:football (damn you portugal and ronaldo), my job at sony where i sit on my arse all day and play computer games

Posted 04 May 2006 - 01:42 PM

make sure you dont burn and you wont get skin cancer, only when you burn and your skin gets damaged can you get skin cancer. also if you moisturise it is not that bad for your skin at all
I went to the library to take out some books but the librarian said i could only take them if i rolled my pants up, i thought hmmm thats a turn up for the books :)

#4 spotbuster

spotbuster

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2006 - 02:11 PM

are you putting any sunscreen on before you do the sunbed??..there is still a lot of debate among professionals whether prolonged use is good for you..also do you plan on doin it all year round?!cos as i said when u stop the acne will come back.......

#5 ronaldo

ronaldo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2006 - 03:05 AM

i did use sunscreen at first but now my skin has got darker i dont use it and dont get burned i just use moisturiser later in the day to keep my skin supple. i plan on continuing using the sunbeds for a while as i am 20 and my acne has really calmed down and hardly have anything on my face and hopefully after a year of using sunbeds the bacne and chest acne will have stopped anyway, this just keeps it away for the time being. I know like you say at this time if i stopped using the sunbeds they would probably come back but they would also come back if i was on any other medication (antibiotics,topicals) and stopped, apart from roaccutane and they may even come back when you have finished on that.

#6 spotbuster

spotbuster

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:35 AM

yes ur spot on(good pun that!)..there aint no cure yet unforetunately..just preventions..ur young as u say so u may grow out of it..im 35 and have bacne for 13 years..it may stop in a few weeks,next year..or never!!time will only tell..roll on the geneticists finding the acne gene smile.gif

#7 pimplequeen

pimplequeen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE(ronaldo @ May 4 2006, 08:42 PM) View Post

make sure you dont burn and you wont get skin cancer, only when you burn and your skin gets damaged can you get skin cancer. also if you moisturise it is not that bad for your skin at all

you can still get skin cancer even if you dont ever burn...black and asian people get skin cancer!!
be very careful and check any moles you have regularily that they dont change shape/colour
when i was younger I also did sunbeads which dried out my skin and i looked great,no spots and a tan!! cool.gif but now im getting older (almost 24) the wrinkles and the damage it causes r really not worth it...
just remember that the sunbed is giving u some many more rays than even the natural sun would, it would take half an hour in the sun to get the tan you get from 5 mins in the sunbed..that cant be good!
the uinfortunate thing about skin cancer is that it is generally something that develops when you are older from sun damage you did years ago when younger...
so please be careful injured.gif

#8 ItalHawk87

ItalHawk87

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:19 AM

well there is no cure but i can see how uv rays kill the acne and helps stop them but that can be very expensive and well some peeps don't tan so well and those places can be dirty lol... but if it is working for u then thats great
Current Regimen:

-Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash
-Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer - Sensitive Skin (morning)
-Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion - SPF 15 (night)
-Spot Treatment with Dan's BP

#9 super-star

super-star

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (buzzment @ May 4 2006, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes i done the sun thing too mate but in the long run it aint good for your skin..skin cancer hello!!if you stop doing the sunbeds ur acne will come back within 3 weeks..thats what happened to me everytime i came back off holidays...

Yeah going on the sunbeds for 30 minutes 4 times a day for 7days a week will probly give you skin cancer but for 5 minutes here and there shouldnt have too much risk and if you dont burn then it should be fine like anything dont have too much of it

#10 super-star

super-star

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:45 AM

Doctors told me a small amount of sunbed time gets the skin working to heal itself and helps dry out acne put the 2 together and...

#11 racerboy

racerboy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:23 AM

hay guys, was thinking about using sunbeds today i to live in england and to be honist there is no sun lol so was thinking about sunbeds and a few other websites say the same it does help short term and to be honist ill try anything if it means i can have just one day with out bacne iv had it for 7years non stop,, iv had pils from the doc,even took out a loan to get laser treatment,after readin n sein the results from other people with there acne i was shur it would have workd, but it didnt even make a single differnce,so im gunna try sun beds if that doesnt work then try roacutaine or something like that, aperently its ment to be prety good, ill let ya know how it goes lol best of luck guys :)x
oh by the way, itl sound a lil weird but it workd a lil bit for me,so it might help sum1 a lot more but use salt as a scrub, corse salt or even table salt, sounds weird i know but considerin the docs n dermitoligists i seen hav all said basickly my back is 1 of the worst n hardest cases theyv done, n a simple thing as salt helpt, it didnt exactly clear it up but it did reduce the redness n bring some normal colour back, its worth a try ay lol x

#12 Sbaker566

Sbaker566

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

My back used to be clear up until a year ago when I started weight lifting, I would guess that took my already high hormone levels, higher, and gave me a pretty bad case of bacne, I will try laying out in the sun for a while from now on, my parents always say my face looks a lot better after I get some sun, hopefully it helps me back. Yes I knwo about skin cancer, but a hour of natural sun I can't imagine would give you cancer, if that was true, how come anyone our ancesters didn't all die of skin cancer?

#13 SteamRoom

SteamRoom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:02 AM

Tanning in a booth is terrible! Read up on it.

I would rather have acne and huge cysts than skin cancer. Good luck, I would be VERYYYYYYYY careful.