Photo

Proactiv vs Other Systems

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 shortyrock21

shortyrock21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 30 April 2006 - 11:47 AM

How does Proactiv compare to other acne systems that can be bought in the stores.I bought "Klear Action Acne System" that says it can compare to proactiv with the same ingredients just cheaper.Is the quailty cheaper? I tried it and it seemed ok...The "repair lotion" was pretty good at drying out acne.But it's been about a month and it seems like it doesn't prevent acne is only treats it and stops it from getting worse.I'm not 100% clear.So will Proactiv be any better?Both have 2.5%BP wash/cream and glycolic acid toner.or should I try to push for accutane? I tried before and my doctor told me to find a new doctor if I wanted accutane and got very nasty with me.

#2 nazual

nazual

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2006 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE(shortyrock21 @ Apr 30 2006, 10:47 AM) View Post

I tried before and my doctor told me to find a new doctor if I wanted accutane and got very nasty with me.

Is it just me, or are all of the dermatologists assholes?

Morning

Damp Face With Cold Water
Apply Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser ( Benzoyl Peroxide 10%)
Rinse Face Afterwards. Pat and Dry

Evening

Damp Face With Cold Water
Apply Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser ( Benzoyl Peroxide 10%)
Rinse Face Afterwards. Pat and Dry

#3 shortyrock21

shortyrock21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2006 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE(nazual @ Apr 30 2006, 02:56 PM) View Post

QUOTE(shortyrock21 @ Apr 30 2006, 10:47 AM) View Post

I tried before and my doctor told me to find a new doctor if I wanted accutane and got very nasty with me.

Is it just me, or are all of the dermatologists assholes?

I went to mine for 2 years and he forced me to buy his products that didn't do anything and were expensive and I tried minocycline/dorxy and he still refused me accutane and now I been trying over the counter products but I don't know if it is worth trying to find a new doctor.So yeah they are all out for money and are bad people.All mine would say it well your face isn't "that bad" and some people out there have is worse...It didn't make me feel much better.

#4 astevens298

astevens298

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:14 AM

I used Proactiv, it worked very good. The toner stinged a bit, but it has glycolic acid in it to rid of any scars. Proactiv is too expensive though, so I tried Klear Action. That worked good, not that much as Proactiv. Then I found AcneFree. I have been using it for about three months, it works great. The toner does not sting, but it does not have the acid in it, so it is a bit harder to get rid of scars. The repair lotion has these beads in it which feel funny. But they disolve into the skin.

#5 shortyrock21

shortyrock21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:39 PM

I guess the worse thing Proactiv will do is make my face worse but I might go for it.I got a booklet in the newspaper for Proactiv it is the 3 step solution with a refining mask for $19.95 with free shipping with USPS.

#6 IndianGuy25

IndianGuy25

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2006 - 02:01 PM

You should definately give it a try especially if its 20 bucks. Proactiv cleared my acne within a month cuz the BP wash gets rid of scars by exfoliating. THe only problem is that after working amazingly for 8 months, it began to "not work." Broke out like crazy afterwards so I tried to find another regimen. Good luck buddy.

#7 Bradlee

Bradlee

Used CSR Regimen Since January '06

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:11 PM

PROACTIV SUCKS.
Godd. Suckers like you buy into their lies. It's hilarious.

#8 shortyrock21

shortyrock21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE(Bradlee @ May 1 2006, 07:11 PM) View Post

PROACTIV SUCKS.
Godd. Suckers like you buy into their lies. It's hilarious.

Why don't you explain what you didn't like about it...I have a tough face that doesn't get dried out and BP with a toner shouldn't be a problem.

#9 Ifibelieve

Ifibelieve

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:30 PM

stay away from proactiv. and murad. but i used proactiv and my face was pretty clear i had some scars a pimple here and there about 2 weeks later i had big red splotches all over my face and my friend used it too but when she ran out and you stop using it for a couple of DAYS it looks horrible. plus in the packer it says "YOU WILL USE IT" does this sound kind of demanding?

#10 philidias

philidias

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:56 PM

PRoactive's bp has urea, which makes it somewhat better than most of the bp's out there.

Personally, my face got really clear in 2 weeks. I use it a lot. I didn't wash my face before using it. I just left it on there.

The directions say put a thin layer on your skin. But, however, your skin will get use to that so you need to put a lot more. Because of this, a lot of people will start seeing that it doesn't work in a month or 2.

Their bp worked for me, it might not have worked for you.

I still haven't got the chance to order it again. But I will. It's either dan's bp which has less perservatives or Proactive's bp which has urea. There are both aqueous gel.

Ifibelieve is right in that if you stop for a couple of days, all hell willl break loose on your face. That's why you need to make sure you have it in stock. Otherwise, you can always run down to walmart, or other stores that have it- neutrogen on the spot also works but it will irritate your skin a lot because it's in a cream form.
The best things in life are free.

#11 cool as kim deal

cool as kim deal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:25 PM

The best acne system isn't a kit at all. Dan's regimen is both cheaper and more effective that Proactiv (and probably all of the Proactiv knockoffs). I think it's very unlikely that one of those kits would clear you up but following Dan's advice wouldn't. I know Proactiv did nothing for my skin even though I used it for six months. It might have worked if I had used twice as much BP, but then I would have all these extra bottles of crap irritating cleanser (worst cleanser I've ever used) and toner (completely unnecessary) leftover, and my face would be super dry.
Keeping me clear, morning and night: Acne.org Cleanser, Acne.org Jojoba Oil after cleansing but before BP all over face, 1 1/2 pumps of Acne.org benzoyl peroxide, Acne.org moisturizer (morning only), Banana Boat Baby Sunblock SPF 50 (morning only), JASON 5000 IU Vitamin E Revitalizing Moisturizing Cream around eyes only, Acne.org AHA+ Acne.org Salicylic Acid+ beta version (night only)<br />
<br />
My advice for Acne.org Regimen beginners - Using jojoba oil as a mask/scrub to remove flakes and moisturize dry skin - Summary of exfoliation methods to try with the regimen<br />
<br />
Not here as often anymore, so for the timeliest advice, post your questions on the forums for the whole community to help out with rather than contacting me directly :)

#12 philidias

philidias

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:23 PM

I just used the BP. I didn't use the other stuff.
The best things in life are free.

#13 shortyrock21

shortyrock21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:17 PM

Worse thing that happens is it will ruin my face and I will go and get sme accutane sad.gif.

#14 bonethugeternal

bonethugeternal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:33 PM

When I used Proactive it really messed up my face. I don't think it's a good idea to try it if you have really sensative skin. I don't think any "kits" work for me.

#15 materialgirl

materialgirl

zeynep

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2006 - 03:34 PM

i heard that olay and murad are coming to turkey. which one do you think is better and is it worth if i give one of them a try:question:
my regimen:
morning:wash with nutrogena liquid cleanser and moisturize with nivea sensitive balance
make up:estee lauder double wear foundation
After school:take off make up with a simple cream and then wash with neurogena liquid and put queen helene mint julep mask on my spots
3 times a week:QHMJM all over face

red marks stopped fading :((

#16 katelyndn

katelyndn

how goes it it?

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2006 - 01:52 AM

well ive been on proactiv for hmm like 2 years and while at first a saw improvements it just isnt working out- the clay mask they give you a sample with in every kit is good tho-- i bought d'arcy drying cream since i ran out of the proactiv mask and its not as good... Any way i am going to try dan's regimen cus even tho proactiv has cut their price i just think maybe something else would be worth a try.