vitamin vitamins

282 replies to this topic

#21 rosieposie

rosieposie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:55 AM

My aunt who is now deceased told me that ladies in Sweden use to take their babies urine soaked cloth diapers and press it against their skin on their faces. Also I was in a drug store once and the lady in front of me was talking about her twin nieces who both had acne. One tried putting urine on her face and the other didn't. The one who tried the urine cleared up but the other didn't. I thing I am going to try it too.

#22 philidias

philidias

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:35 PM

How long did and when did the twin put urin on her face?

I'm absolutely convinced the urine on the face will help with acne. A lot of the major products use urea which is derived from urine. For ex., St. apricot, Proactive bp, use it.

I'ml trying to firgure out when the best time to do it. They say that mouring urine is the best. Maybe I can put it on, then eat breakfast, then wash it off when I shower.

#23 rosieposie

rosieposie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE(philidias @ May 1 2006, 01:35 PM) View Post

How long did and when did the twin put urin on her face?

I'm absolutely convinced the urine on the face will help with acne. A lot of the major products use urea which is derived from urine. For ex., St. apricot, Proactive bp, use it.

I'ml trying to firgure out when the best time to do it. They say that mouring urine is the best. Maybe I can put it on, then eat breakfast, then wash it off when I shower.

I don't know how long the urine was on the face, the conversation was very short and i only heard about the urine being applied to the skin. I'm going to put it on with a cotton ball the same as anyone would do with a toner. I will be doing this at night and then wash it off in the morning. that's all for now

#24 Jacks0n

Jacks0n

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:52 PM

"the thing is if you start using too many things, oral medications, prescription gels, creams, washes, you never know which one actually made it work or if one of them just didnt do anything"

I'm using 1 medication, nothing else. I used BP once.

Ok so here's an update I guess. overall, my skin's looking great. really healthy.
acne wise? it isn't working that well. not as powerful as BP, but then again I have only used it for 5 days I think. Maybe 4. I'll keep on using it, but I think it's safe to say urine isn't good enough as primary threatment. It's more like something to make your skin look good, to cleanse it, smooth out the blotchyness, but not something very strong for acne. So if your skin looks like shit, you have rosacea, blotchyness, uneven skin tone, or scarring, then go for the urine. If you have just acne, then don't bother. Personally, I'll give urine on its own, perhaps a week more. If it doesn't work as well as I would have hoped, then I'll go and add in the retin-a (tretinoin).

#25 Donkey_Puncher

Donkey_Puncher

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:16 AM

Just a few quick questions:

HOw are you applying the urine?

How long do you leave it on before you rinse it off?

Do you apply fresh urine or week-old urine?

(i heard older urine is more effective)

#26 CamoFace

CamoFace

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:46 PM

I googled some interesting info on urine as moisturizer and many studies showed that urine is in fact the best moisturizer known to men.

#27 LabGirl81

LabGirl81

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE(CamoFace @ May 2 2006, 02:46 PM) View Post

I googled some interesting info on urine as moisturizer and many studies showed that urine is in fact the best moisturizer known to men.

Um only because it contains a little bit of urea......but urea is only a so-so moisturizer (humectant), nothing to write home about....

It's sad that you guys are so desprate to find a cure that you resort to putting excriment on your faces....eeeewww.........

#28 bonethugeternal

bonethugeternal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2006 - 06:21 PM

Haha! Funny post, but I wonder if it'll actually work?

#29 SuperFly

SuperFly

Justa Happy Guy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2006 - 06:51 PM

I won't pass judgement on the people putting urine on their own face, but just please please be courteous enough to warn anyone before kissing/touching your face.

#30 philidias

philidias

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE(LabGirl81 @ May 2 2006, 07:32 PM) View Post

Um only because it contains a little bit of urea......but urea is only a so-so moisturizer (humectant), nothing to write home about....

It's sad that you guys are so desprate to find a cure that you resort to putting excriment on your faces....eeeewww.........

What does excriment mean? But if you mean it's a waste product then you are totally wrong. There are proper ways of applying urine on your face. By not applying urine properly, you will probably get results you don't want.

#31 gwapito

gwapito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2006 - 10:00 AM

Hey I want to know if Turd Therapy actually works... Can someone try that...

#32 LabGirl81

LabGirl81

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2006 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE(philidias @ May 2 2006, 09:11 PM) View Post

QUOTE(LabGirl81 @ May 2 2006, 07:32 PM) View Post

What does excriment mean? But if you mean it's a waste product then you are totally wrong. There are proper ways of applying urine on your face. By not applying urine properly, you will probably get results you don't want.

Actually urine is a waste product. It's the product of out bodies' excratory systems....hence the term excriment. It's the stuff that our kidneys filter out of our blood (toxins and other water soluble metabolites of medication, vitamins, even foods....it also contains excess salts....biliruben....and urea....the metobloic end produt of ammonia.....in additon it's mostly water (depending on how much water you drink). How is this supposed to do anyting for acne????

I don't get it..... eusa_wall.gif

I would never ever condone putting urine (or any other bodily fluid) on your face.......

First off it's just plain gross......second.....I don't see how it could possibly help.......

#33 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2006 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE(gwapito @ May 3 2006, 09:00 AM) View Post

Hey I want to know if Turd Therapy actually works... Can someone try that...

You are SO funny! You're the first person to EVER make that joke.

#34 Donkey_Puncher

Donkey_Puncher

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2006 - 02:32 PM

Hey "Labgirl" i got a question for u....

why dont u go to google.com, type "urine therapy" and then have fun eating ur words

#35 LabGirl81

LabGirl81

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2006 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE(Donkey_Puncher @ May 3 2006, 04:32 PM) View Post

Hey "Labgirl" i got a question for u....

why dont u go to google.com, type "urine therapy" and then have fun eating ur words

rolleyes.gif Because google doesn't have all the answers.....do you guys really believe everything you read on the internet?........

Just for kicks I did it.....the first hit I got was actually an anti-urine therapy page.....please tell me you guys don't drink you own urine.....that is just pointless and possibly dangerous.........rolleyes.gif

I did happen to do a pub-med search.....and a scifinder search.....nada.....nothing......maybe my searching skills aren't up to par (remebmer I'm illiterate and unteachable) but I can't find any technical articles or studies touting the benifits of urine therapy as applicable to acne (or any other ailment)....and Nothing on topically applied urine......

Google of course has all holistic and alternaitive medicine sites claiming that drink your own piss or bathing in your own piss is the wonder cure for AIDS to Xerosis..........

Just because someting is "googlable" it doesn't mean it's the end all be all of whatever......gooogle has more misinformation than information.........not to say it isn't useful.....but you need to know how to use it....and filter through the bullshit.....kinda like this board..........

#36 philidias

philidias

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2006 - 03:47 PM

LabGirl you are wrong. Even Jess (mod) agrees with me.

Waste product? It's not.
http://www.acne.org/...showtopic=86622

It seems like your research skill are not up to par.

Urine is one of the most studied compound. It has cured or help with many diseases including AIDS.

#37 Jess

Jess

WILD CARD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Bonsai sculpture, rollerblading, member of the Jacksonville Roller Derby Girls Team, origami, entrepreneurship, volunteering, non profit organizations, self-improvement, nanotechnology, genetic patents, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Breaking Bad, Dexter, and other boss shows

Posted 03 May 2006 - 04:09 PM

Philidais is correct-urine is actually the most studied compound in human history. I think anyone would be hard pressed to locate funded research about using urine therapy to treat illness, however. A better bet might be to check out the staggering product list created from human urine. Corporations make billions each year by synthesizing our urine and selling it back to us in the form of countless products-ranging from skin care to pregnancy drugs and all kinds of things. You can't synthesize billions of dollars worth of drugs from a waste product, can you?

There is no profit in doing studies about how a free compound affects people's health. However, there are plenty of studies to show how beneficial the compounds are-the ones extracted solely from our own urine.

I doubt urine would have been hailed as a panacea throughout the ages, revered in virtually every culture for its antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties if it was just waste. Plus I seriously doubt that over 1,000 scientific medical papers would have been published in one year alone that only studied low molecular quantities of particular elements found in urine. If it was just a hoax.

Sort of reminds me of Fight Club where they sell very expensive soap to women made out of the fat that was lipo'd from their a$$.

Where's the profit in creating a hoax about something that's free to do? I'm not sure I see any. What's the sense in corporations convincing us that our own urine is just a bunch of waste to be flushed down the toilet, while continuing to manufacture lucrative products from human urine and sell it back to us with outrageously high margins?

Urine is free, but only if it comes from me.

#38 LabGirl81

LabGirl81

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE(Jess @ May 3 2006, 06:09 PM) View Post

Philidais is correct-urine is actually the most studied compound in human history. I think anyone would be hard pressed to locate funded research about using urine therapy to treat illness, however. A better bet might be to check out the staggering product list created from human urine. Corporations make billions each year by synthesizing our urine and selling it back to us in the form of countless products-ranging from skin care to pregnancy drugs and all kinds of things. You can't synthesize billions of dollars worth of drugs from a waste product, can you?

There is no profit in doing studies about how a free compound affects people's health. However, there are plenty of studies to show how beneficial the compounds are-the ones extracted solely from our own urine.

I doubt urine would have been hailed as a panacea throughout the ages, revered in virtually every culture for its antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties if it was just waste. Plus I seriously doubt that over 1,000 scientific medical papers would have been published in one year alone that only studied low molecular quantities of particular elements found in urine. If it was just a hoax.

Sort of reminds me of Fight Club where they sell very expensive soap to women made out of the fat that was lipo'd from their a$$.

Where's the profit in creating a hoax about something that's free to do? I'm not sure I see any. What's the sense in corporations convincing us that our own urine is just a bunch of waste to be flushed down the toilet, while continuing to manufacture lucrative products from human urine and sell it back to us with outrageously high margins?

Urine is free, but only if it comes from me.

Urine is the waste of the blood......it is indeed excriment......as it's the product of the excratory system......

I did not discount the fact that there are drugs derived from urine's consituants. Urea (the salt from which urine gets it's name) is actually used in the cosmetics, food and drug industries and is a basis for drugs and common preservatives (as it's slightly antmicrobial)......and by itself it's an ok moisturizer.........

Urine is the most studied bodily excriment because that's how many metabloic pathways were discovered.......when you smoke a cigarette.....you piss out hundreds of it's water soluble metabolites.....

There are thousands of water soluble metabolites found in urine......even some metabolites of retinol are found in urine.......if you take vitamins....you pee out the excess of the water soluble ones......

But if you drink a lot of water (and you should) urine is very dillute.........it's mostly water anyway.......

You couldn't pay me to put mine anywhere but my toilet.......but aside from the grossness......chemically there isn't much in urine would could cure acne.......the slight antimicorbial action and the excess of water soluble vitamins don't do much......the solutes in urine are just that solutes.....in water.......thus they are water soluble.........

Water soluble molecules have a hell of a time pasing through the epidermal lipid barrier......fat soluble molecues penetrate with greater ease......so exactly what does applying to to skin do????

Come to think of it all the good fat soluble stuff is metabolized in the liver......and empties back into the intestines.....and comes out that other hole.........

That's where the good stuff is......lipid soluble metabolites like the metabloites of vitamin A, like trans- retinoic acid, cis-9-retinoic acid, cis-11-retinoic acid, and cis-13-retinoic acid (Isotretionin) are found in feces.....not urine.......But who in their right mind would put feces on their face???...... eusa_sick.gif

If some one can post something other than link to another mod agreeing with them......or a bogus link to a page with absolutely no referrences on it........by all means do.......

As I said I don't believe everything I read on the internet.......

QUOTE(philidias @ May 3 2006, 05:47 PM) View Post

LabGirl you are wrong. Even Jess (mod) agrees with me.

Waste product? It's not.
http://www.acne.org/...showtopic=86622

It seems like your research skill are not up to par.

Urine is one of the most studied compound. It has cured or help with many diseases including AIDS.

Weren't you the one who suggested we all apply coconut oil to our faces?????

#39 Jess

Jess

WILD CARD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Bonsai sculpture, rollerblading, member of the Jacksonville Roller Derby Girls Team, origami, entrepreneurship, volunteering, non profit organizations, self-improvement, nanotechnology, genetic patents, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Breaking Bad, Dexter, and other boss shows

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:19 PM

To be honest, I could be wrong about some of this. It's been known to happen before cool.gif so I can't claim to know for a fact that urine therapy is valid, but the evidence I've come across seems to suggest otherwise-and I'm very intrigued by what I've discovered so far..

It's true that urine contains specific elements that aren't needed by the body at a particular time. However, when re-ingested or applied to the skin, urine contains valuable antibodies, hormones, minerals, and vitamins that are person-specific. You can't get these from any other source. Even though your body excretes these things, that doesn't mean that they're useless-not at all. It just means that those specific elements weren't needed by your body at a particular time. The analogy is that it's a bit like drinking too much water...the body will get rid of the excess it does not need at the time, but, that doesn't mean that we don't still need water on a constant basis. If anyone wants I can copy articles on this. Something I find kind of neat is that urine is highly filtrated by tiny tubes through a process that's not entirely understood. When that filtering occurs the urine is transformed into a compound that, if re-ingested, is known to fight any disease that the person has been harboring.

Antibodies to viruses and bacteria can be found in excreted human urine that will treat the specific illnesses a person may suffer from. I think one of the reasons you hear of people using baby's urine on their faces is because babies are generally healthy and haven't been smoking for 10 years or eating a diet high in sorbitol and other artificial sweeteners (or engaging in other 'unhealthy' practices)

To be honest, I could be wrong about some of this. I can't claim to know for a fact that urine therapy is valid, but the evidence I've come across seems to suggest otherwise-and I'm very intrigued by what I've discovered so far..

It's true that urine contains specific elements that aren't needed by the body at a particular time. However, when re-ingested or applied to the skin, urine contains valuable antibodies, hormones, minerals, and vitamins that are person-specific. You can't get these from any other source. Even though your body excretes these things, that doesn't mean that they're useless-not at all. It just means that those specific elements weren't needed by your body at a particular time. The analogy is that it's a bit like drinking too much water...the body will get rid of the excess it does not need at the time, but, that doesn't mean that we don't still need water on a constant basis. If anyone wants I can copy articles on this. Something I find kind of neat is that urine is highly filtrated by tiny tubes through a process that's not entirely understood. When that filtering occurs the urine is transformed into a compound that, if re-ingested, is known to fight any disease that the person has been harboring.

Antibodies to viruses and bacteria can be found in excreted human urine that will treat the specific illnesses a person may suffer from. I think one of the reasons you hear of people using baby's urine on their faces is because babies are generally healthy and haven't been smoking for 10 years or eating a diet high in sorbitol and other artificial sweeteners.

#40 Kenry52

Kenry52

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:23 PM

Personally, even if urine cleared all of my acne, made me look like brad pitt and I lived to 200 because of it, I still wouldn't put it on my face. Eww.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users