This topic is archived.
282 replies to this topic

#1 Alex88

Alex88

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:22 AM

Hi. Well this is my story, and I will start posting my experiences with urine therapy (only topical, so far...).
NB: If I screw something up on here, give me a break: It's my first post.

History
Well I have had acne pretty damm bad since year 8. I'm now in uni. I tried everything. Week fasting, just drinking water. Many fruits/vegetables. Any and evety vitamin. Antibiotics (topical and oral). 4 retinoids. And eventually roaccutane. 90 mg/day (And I'm only 64kg). It worked, but my face was still really red. I don't know why. But it comes on and off regardless of medications. I came across the CSR about a year ago, and it didn't work all that well on me. So lately I have been doing alright, but it is comming back. I was back on minocycline, BP at night, retin-a in the morning. And pleanty of sun-block in between. And to be honest, the acne was better, but the redness was worse. My skin doesn't develop tolerance to the BP either.

A few days ago I was looking through these forums again, and I came across the urine therapy topic: http://www.acne.org/...showtopic=86622. I had heard of it before, for things like cancer. But not anything else. But then I read into it. Urine is sterile, and it isn't the bodies waste. I gave it some thought. At this moment, there's no way I could drink the stuff. No matter how pure, sterile, or good it is for me. But I could use it topically.

My experiences with urine therapy (UT)
So I actually tried it yesterday. I pissed into a plastic container that I have, and put it all over my face. At first it stung a little. Like a tingling feeling. Then it felt good for the next few hours. Within 30 minutes, the redness was considerably minimized. Not drastic as of yet. But each day I'll do it as much as possible.
For the days I'm home all day, I'll use it 3 times a day.
And for the rest, just in the afternoon (I'm not willing to smell like urine, to cure the acne).
The only other product I will be using is an oil-free moisturiser.

So I have only just started it, and I'll keep posting to see how it goes.

I'll be amazed if this works. My parents have spent thousands over the years for various products. It'd be great if this could work since it's free.

P.S. I'm sorry, but I'm not willing to post pictures here. I'm just too afraid someone I know will see me.
I'm sure none of you want to be labeled: 'that guy who slaps piss on his face to relieve a superficial medical problem'.... No matter how emotionally traumatizing it is.

#2 Little Miss

Little Miss

I think therefore I am

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Who really exists? I can only be sure that I really exist. Could the rest of you simply be figmants of my imagination? Images that my mind is making for me?

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:29 AM

eusa_sick.gif I felt a bit sick when reading this, but hey, if it works, good for you! I don't know if I could put wee on my face though! eusa_sick.gif

#3 Ravina

Ravina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:17 PM

Wow, I've been desperate to cure my acne at times but never that desperate. If you've got the guts to try this, good luck with it.

#4 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:18 PM

If it works, that'd be cool. But even I couldn't drive myself to do something like that, and I'm very openminded about alternative health practices. I cut the line at urine therapy and enemas / colonics.. ew.
topical:
tea tree oil soap.
qh mint julep mask.
hydrogen peroxide for occassional spot treatment.
shaving for exfoliation.
internally:
fish oil, 3g daily.

#5 kanmi

kanmi

Twilight

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:20 PM

Hey, if it works I would do it. I would do ANYTHING for clear skin.

Good luck to you Alex, but if it doesn't work, you can always go on a second course of accutane too, just keep that in mind.

#6 Jess

Jess

WILD CARD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Bonsai sculpture, rollerblading, member of the Jacksonville Roller Derby Girls Team, origami, entrepreneurship, volunteering, non profit organizations, self-improvement, nanotechnology, genetic patents, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Breaking Bad, Dexter, and other boss shows

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:08 AM

People who use urine therapy are not stupid or desperate or disgusting. From what I've seen they tend to have above average intelligence for researching what works and not letting societal tabboo deter them from the surprising truth.

Not to mention they're also open-minded, which is such an awesome trait to see.

Ghandi drank a glass of his own piss every day. more than three million chinese drink their own urine every day because the health benefits are so enormous and because urine has been known to cure nearly every disease. People criticising this therapy don't know much about it. If they did, they would refrain from making such snap judgements about this science.

I felt the same way too-believe me. but you're going to find that the more you research on the subject of "urotherapy" the less you begin to doubt and the more incredulous you become.
http://www.acne.org/...showtopic=86622

Anyway, keep up the great work Alex and let us know how you're doing smile.gif

#7 Andrewski

Andrewski

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:54 PM

good luck....you might see some good results, this has already worked for one person on this board so far.
What the heck is a good signature for an acne messageboard?

#8 DonsBall

DonsBall

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2006 - 09:36 PM

I bid you good luck old chum.

Do let us know if any results happen sideways.gif
For sale a new Lumiport Dermastyle. I got two and only need one. Message me for details, I will send to Australia only =]

Pimple free =D

To all those who are still fighting it, don't give up. You will win if you believe you will =] Acne is not forever!

I am no longer depressed...I am happy =D

#9 screw_acne

screw_acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 27 April 2006 - 09:49 PM

yellow piss or white piss
Nobody dies a virgin because life screws us all in a way.

#10 SuzanneHopes

SuzanneHopes

Gimme Candy!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:02 PM

IMO Jess's siggy picture is much more frightening than applying urine to your face... razz.gif Good luck to you Alex, you have guts and determination.. biggrin.gif ..Looking forward to your updates...and if you don't update, I will be royally pissed off..(pun intended.. razz.gif ..) BTW..are you by any chance "AlexAllMighty" from a while back?

#11 Jess

Jess

WILD CARD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Bonsai sculpture, rollerblading, member of the Jacksonville Roller Derby Girls Team, origami, entrepreneurship, volunteering, non profit organizations, self-improvement, nanotechnology, genetic patents, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Breaking Bad, Dexter, and other boss shows

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:27 PM

the noble commander in chief should give you a reason to smile every day.

#12 Alex88

Alex88

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2006 - 08:31 AM

Howdy all! Ok so this is my third day using the urine... And for BroKenFloWer, no, I just signed up a few days ago.

I have found this stuff to be working really well. Compared to the retinoids, it works alot faster. It relieves inflammation 100%, for me anyway. And I have severe rosacea. To paint the picture. I have fair skin. Once I was in the sun for 8 hours with no block out. My face burnt obviously, it blistered, and peeled. The rosacea is redder than that sunburn I got.

Also UT feels really good too. Like a good cleanse. I have done quite alot of research into it now, and I don't find the stuff disgusting anymore. Plus it's nice to know that it's sterile. So to sum UT up, it's great for inflamation or irritations. For acne? Well I'll just wait and see. It's too early to tell. But there is a good improvement given the amount of time I have used it for (3 days). I'll give it 3 weeks and compare it to the retinoids and BP.

I have noticed, and it was meantioned in the other thread, that really yellow pee smells too strong. I'm not going to go out to the movies smelling like urine (literally), while having terrific skin. So I drink about 2 litres a day, and it's tinged yellow. Has anyone ever used berocca? I wonder what that stuff would do to your urine... Since it makes it VERY yellow. Hmmm. I might give it a try.

One thing that I used to do is basically nuke my face with benzoyl peroxide. I mean about 5mm of the stuff. Then when it got absorbed, I did it twice more throughout the night. I woke up the next morning and half of the acne was gone. Literally. At least. But my face was extremely irritated. There was no way I could go anywhere. So I'm going to try and smother the BP on, then get rid of the irritation with urine in the morning........ Let's just hope no negative chemical reactions occur. lol.gif

There couldn't be much worse than the stuff going alkaline/acidic on me and eating through the skin. Let's just hope that doesn't happen though. eusa_dance.gif

Also just for the people reading this, if anyone does, this is my opinion and experiences on diet.
- For me, and friends. Dairy does make it worse. Evidence? There isn't any. Sure, I remember reading how hormones are used to enhance the animal's growth/milk production, but those hormones haven't been linked to an increase in sebum production. But seriously, just give no dairy a go for 2 weeks. What harm could it do? It helped me alot.

- Chocolate. Again. Chocolate itself has not been linked to acne (As far as I know!).
But, sugar suppresses your immune system [1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5].

And it contains theobromine [Wikipedia]. Theobromine is a stimulant; which is actually chemically very alike caffeine (and even contains some), but doesn't have the same effects in the brain. Stimulants tend to increase the release of epinephrine (adrenaline). And epinephrine also suppresses the immune system. We all know stress is bad for our health. So yes this applies to soda, coffee, ice cream... And the list goes on. Considering how much of that I eat, well. I have a feeling I will eventually need a second course of roaccutane.

Then again, for some people (like me, unfortunatly); no matter how little sugar or dairy I eat, my face will still look like shit. Who would have thought urine would remove it...? eusa_think.gif

And to anyone considering this, please do. It sounds gross, but it isn't (even though most people wouldn't agree with me). Clean your face properly afterward and you'll be fine. It's just very weird at the start. Good luck to everyone else out there anyway, no matter what you're trying.

#13 Jess

Jess

WILD CARD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2006 - 03:48 PM

Hey Alex,

I wanted to check with u-are you rinsing the urine off your face when you're done? You don't want to leave it on your skin-just massage it in and then rinse, using it like a cleanser. you shouldn't have to worry about the smell @ all because you're rinsing it immediately off. I'm not sure what the effects of leaving it on are, but as far as I know, you don't leave it on and use it more like a cleanser, with cottonball or something..

#14 DonsBall

DonsBall

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2006 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE(Alex88 @ Apr 28 2006, 08:31 AM) View Post

So I drink about 2 litres a day, and it's tinged yellow. Has anyone ever used berocca? I wonder what that stuff would do to your urine... Since it makes it VERY yellow. Hmmm. I might give it a try.

Alex, Alex, ALEX! I drink berocca, me me ME!

Yes, it does turn urine really yellow. I was told that its jut the excess B vitamins being flushed out. I found it really weird at first, thought I was sick. But it's normal!

I am tempted to give UT a try. Do you get a towel and soak it then apply to face? Or do you use the 'pour-all-over-my-face-out-of-nowhere' method?

My family do live with me in my world's smallest mansion that is identical to a typical house. I'm scared of walking around smelling. They would sniff me out, then I'd have to go and hide in my time machine.
For sale a new Lumiport Dermastyle. I got two and only need one. Message me for details, I will send to Australia only =]

Pimple free =D

To all those who are still fighting it, don't give up. You will win if you believe you will =] Acne is not forever!

I am no longer depressed...I am happy =D

#15 mask

mask

Christopher

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2006 - 08:49 PM

I would try if no one would know, piss on my back sounds disgusting. lol.gif
Posted Image -Im in your news nukin it upz!

#16 exdox77

exdox77

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:34 PM

sounds kind of interesting, instead of using a cotton ball or something maybe try useing a little spray bottle to spray it on you face or something.

Alex you are very dedicated and devoted to having clear skin and willing to try something once. I have faith that this method would work, give it time and keep up the good work.
-------------
Brandon Wilson - Mobile Professional

#17 Someone111

Someone111

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:10 AM

whoa, first time i heard of urine therapy, anyways i hope it works for you, and if i ever get a severe case of it, ill keep it in mind for that, I have heard that people drank their own urine before, but im interested to know, how long do you keep it on your face?

#18 Jacks0n

Jacks0n

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:51 AM

Hey... Umm ok my friend signed me up as Alex. She has some obsurd fetish for Alex Baldwin (only god knows why...). And everyone assumed my name was Alex. It's actually Jackson. So I've made a new account.

So this is day 4 with the UT. To answer the questions that I can remember.....

I leave the stuff on all night, and wash it off in the morning.

To apply it, I just piss into a plastic container, and plash the stuff onto my face with my hand. It's sterile, so it's fine.

The smell? It's fine once it dries. And it dries within a minute.

And it's yellow-ish piss. So white with a yellow tinge. I think I have meantioned this, but if it's too yellow, it smells really bad.

Anyway, I tried nuking my face with a whole lot of BP. Throughout the night, I used 1/3 of the tube. And in the morning, 75% of the acne was gone. Then I splashed the urine on, and about 35% of the redness was gone. Not neirly all of it though. Dissapointing, since I needed to go out that very day... But oh well. Back to the drawing board. I'll continue with just urine, while on minocycline (Only 100mg). It's effects so far, are smoothening of the skin, it helps blotchyness, redness, the acne itself, and overall it just looks and feels better. Then again, I can't say much because this is only the 4th day.

#19 philidias

philidias

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2006 - 07:00 PM

Any updates Jackson?

The best things in life are free.

#20 Someone111

Someone111

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2006 - 02:22 AM

the thing is if you start using too many things, oral medications, prescription gels, creams, washes, you never know which one actually made it work or if one of them just didnt do anything