Photo

AHA is not a required element

aha alpha hydroxy acid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
146 replies to this topic

#141 FlyBoy

FlyBoy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

I struggle using AHA, I seem to sting and itch for hours afterwards.

I have the same exact problem. It stings for so long, that it keeps me from falling asleep. I think that is probably a good indication that I should stop using it!

Edited by FlyBoy, 28 December 2012 - 01:16 PM.

#142 suko

suko

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

Have tried AHA. The results weren't as good as with my current treatment. I also find out that not touching face has a SIGNIFICANT affect on development of acne.

#143 Parallax Dreams

Parallax Dreams

Everything Is Training

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

I used the AHA from Acne.org on my face - is this okay? I do it after the BP, and don't bother with moisturizer. I'm in NY right now, it's winter time. My skin STILL doesn't get dry. I have really oily skin, especially the clogged pores on my nose. Will the AHA help this? Would I be better off switching to BHA/salycylic acid instead? I have heard that might be better for using on the face after Benzoyl Peroxide.

Please advise? Merci.

#144 Parallax Dreams

Parallax Dreams

Everything Is Training

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

Dan? Anyone?

#145 nycqueen

nycqueen

Acne Soldier

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

I used the AHA from Acne.org on my face - is this okay? I do it after the BP, and don't bother with moisturizer. I'm in NY right now, it's winter time. My skin STILL doesn't get dry. I have really oily skin, especially the clogged pores on my nose. Will the AHA help this? Would I be better off switching to BHA/salycylic acid instead? I have heard that might be better for using on the face after Benzoyl Peroxide.

Please advise? Merci.

Hello and welcome to the acne.org community! The means in which you use AHA is fine, so long as you are properly moisturized. Yes, the combination of BP and AHA will help to reduce clogged pores significantly. If you are doing the regimen, please refrain from adding additional products outside of those suggested on the regimen, as it may cause irritation. Hope this helps and keep us up to date on your progress... :)

#146 Parallax Dreams

Parallax Dreams

Everything Is Training

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Please advise? Merci.

Hello and welcome to the acne.org community! The means in which you use AHA is fine, so long as you are properly moisturized. Yes, the combination of BP and AHA will help to reduce clogged pores significantly. If you are doing the regimen, please refrain from adding additional products outside of those suggested on the regimen, as it may cause irritation. Hope this helps and keep us up to date on your progress... smile.png

I didn't ask to add additional products - I asked if I could substitute in BHA rather than the AHA, and if this would be a good idea.

From what I have read, BHA seems to be more effective for treating clogged pores, like those on my nose. They're not necessarily blackheads, just fairly large and clogged. I dunno if that constitutes blackheads or not - 'cause while they are darker in color than my skin, they're not really black.

#147 ladymermaid

ladymermaid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

I really didn't like the AHA. Whenever I applied it, no matter how little, it felt like a 498320th degree burn on my face. Extremely painful!