Photo

AHA is not a required element

aha alpha hydroxy acid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
146 replies to this topic

#21 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 April 2006 - 01:20 PM

Kupo,
is this the one ^, the Dove Deep Moisture?

http://www.drugstore...BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

IPB Image

#22 Verdizzy

Verdizzy

Certified []D[][]V[][]D

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 27 April 2006 - 01:52 PM

I'm surprised that out of all the moisturizers out there, there isn't one that duplicates Eucerin Daily Skin Renewal.

You would think other companies would make the same type of moisturizer to compete but up until now it seems like none of us can find a suitable replacement.

I really like this moisturizer so I too am on the hunt for a replacement when it does eventually run out. I hope we find something smile.gif

#23 cleardream

cleardream

velvet fish in powdered seas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE(Dan @ Apr 27 2006, 09:24 AM) View Post

I tried the Eucerin Extra Protective. Wow, it was bad, at least with BP. lol. It stayed on my skin and white. I couldn't get it absorbed. Then I woke up this morning and was really dry. So...that's a serious no go. I'm going to try the Complex15 again today. I liked it the last 2 times I tried it. ho dee hum. Anybody else have suggestions on good moisturizers?

ooh, glad you mentioned the complex 15 stuff. i saw yesterday that that one is really popular among Regimen users. (and not too expensive!) i'm going to try it after i try the eucerin skin renewal. but my understanding is that the complex 15 is non-SPF... so if it works, only for use at night, i'm thinking?

QUOTE(Verdizzy @ Apr 27 2006, 12:52 PM) View Post

I'm surprised that out of all the moisturizers out there, there isn't one that duplicates Eucerin Daily Skin Renewal.

You would think other companies would make the same type of moisturizer to compete but up until now it seems like none of us can find a suitable replacement.

I really like this moisturizer so I too am on the hunt for a replacement when it does eventually run out. I hope we find something smile.gif

i know! you'd think so, wouldn't you? after seeing the rave reviews for eucerin skin renewal, i called the company last week to confirm that it is, in fact, discontinued. when the representative said "yes," i asked her if she knew about acne.org (thinking in my scheming head that if they knew about the potentially thousands[?] of eager consumers, they, too, would be eager to get that product back on the market biggrin.gif ). strangely, she didn't really seem to care, and promptly tried to get off the phone w/me as soon as possible. eusa_wall.gif go figure.

incidentally, i'm curious if there is general figure/estimate for how many current Regimen followers there are? (or maybe for how many users there are of this website?) cuz... like.... there's power in numbers! eusa_dance.gif

QUOTE(Brandy @ Apr 27 2006, 12:20 PM) View Post

IPB Image

hi brandy -- just wondering, does this product contail oil? and if so, has it caused any breakouts for you? (since starting the Regimen, i'm deathly afraid of introducing any oil to my skin... hehe)

#24 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 April 2006 - 03:27 PM

hi Clear Dream,
that dove lotion does not contain oil.
But I posted that picture because someone else mentioned using it (on the previous page). I personally haven't used it before, I was just wondering if that was the product that the person before me had mentioned.

QUOTE(Verdizzy @ Apr 27 2006, 02:52 PM) View Post

yea, I had the same thoughts. Especially since here in the US there is a company called "Equate" that makes copy-cats of LOTS of products.

#25 SuperFly

SuperFly

Justa Happy Guy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:52 PM

For anyone that cares, I received a response from the customer service person at Kiss My Face, in reference to this.

All of our products are non-comedogenic.

Thank you,

Sarah
Kiss My Face

As well as:

The Peaches and Cream has both lactic and glycolic acid in it.I
hope this answers your question.If you have any other questions or
concerns,plese feel free to email me.Thanks.Have a great day.

I don't know why she responded referring to the Peaches and Cream one, but I'll assume that they're they same in that they both use a combination of glycolic and lactic.

I'm seriously going to try this moisturizer out.

#26 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 April 2006 - 06:00 PM

Clear Dream, I got a chuckle from your post. I tried for years to lobby large manufacturers on behalf of acne.org members and visitors and I always got the same "like I care" response. People at these large companies who answer the phones I think are so far removed from the decision makers that they realize they have no power to make your request a reality. Furthermore, once you do talk to the decision-makers, they are so entrenched in their ways that they tend to discount you.

At any rate, Complex15 was ok this morning. I had to apply some Neutrogena Healthy Skin afterward in a few dry spots, but overall the Complex15 worked ok. But do not be fooled. It is expensive. They charge $7.50 or so, but they only give you 2.5 ounces. It's a clever plan to make it seem inexpensive when in reality it is more expensive than Eucerin, Neutrogena Oil-Free, or Cetaphil. I still might have to recommend it since there's nothin' else, but I'm going to go order the KissMyFace stuff first and try that out.

#27 KarenD

KarenD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2006 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(Dan @ Apr 27 2006, 12:24 PM) View Post

I tried the Eucerin Extra Protective. Wow, it was bad, at least with BP. lol. It stayed on my skin and white. I couldn't get it absorbed. Then I woke up this morning and was really dry. So...that's a serious no go. I'm going to try the Complex15 again today. I liked it the last 2 times I tried it. ho dee hum. Anybody else have suggestions on good moisturizers?

I have found Complex 15 to be really nice, light and non-greasy. But it doesn't have AHA so it never got rid of the flakiness like the Eucerin does. Paula's Choice offers an AHA solution, so maybe the combination of that and the Complex 15 would work? Meanwhile, I'm stocking up on the Eucerin. Should be good for a couple years anyway! eusa_dance.gif

#28 Sharpy

Sharpy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 April 2006 - 06:57 AM

I did a search and didn't see it mentioned but...

what about Avon's mark. Safety Patrol Protective Moisturizer For Behaving Skin? It doesn't say in the product description if it has an AHA but this part: "improves skin's clarity, helps reduce the appearance of fine lines" makes me think that it might.
I read some reviews online that said the fragrance is strong though sad.gif
Here's the full product description: "Nongreasy face moisturizer with SPF 15. This lightweight lotion improves skin's clarity, helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, and protects against the sun. 1.7 fl. oz. $7" [seems expensive for that little].

Anyway, I'm really freaking out about Eucerin discontinuing that moisturizer!!!!! I notice a HUGE difference when I switched to anything else.

#29 Kupo!

Kupo!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2006 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE(Brandy @ Apr 27 2006, 02:20 PM) View Post

Kupo,

IPB Image

that's the one!

#30 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 April 2006 - 07:50 AM

Kupo, How long have you been using it for? Does it work well? Does it ball up? Does it have a fragrance?

lol, sorry for all the question.

#31 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:28 AM

I just remembered that I used Avon's Anew All-in-One Max lotion with the Regimen for probably 6 months last year. It works very well. Is oil-free and non-comedogenic and has spf and glycolic in it, although I'm not sure of the percentage of glycolic, but it is an excellent product. Only drawback is that it is very expensive, $16.50 for a 1.7 oz. bottle!

#32 Stocko

Stocko

X X

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2006 - 01:20 PM

I find the Eucerin Skin renewal makes my face quite shiny, I'm still trying to find some blotting sheets lol!

#33 shout4

shout4

I love Forrest Griffin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2006 - 01:32 PM

Do we know why they discontinued the Eucerin moisturizer?

I really like my moisturizer, but I'm not even gonna bother mentioning the name cause its reeeaaalllyy expensive..and you guys are complaining about $7! lol

(..oh okay well the name is in my sig lol)

#34 Kupo!

Kupo!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2006 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE(Brandy @ Apr 29 2006, 08:50 AM) View Post

Kupo, How long have you been using it for? Does it work well? Does it ball up? Does it have a fragrance?

lol, sorry for all the question.

I have been using it for almost 2 weeks. For me, it works very well. It made my rough nose and cheekbone area smooth again in 3 days, and let me tell you, it was so so rough. I was very impressed. It does have a slight fragrance. I saw in the store the other day that there is a Dove face moisturizer for sensitive skin which doesn't have a fragrance--haven't tried it myself though. It does not ball up, it goes on very nicely.

It's a little pricey, almost $6.00 a bottle, but you don't have to use all that much at a time. I use a strip of lotion the length of my middle finger, and that covers my whole face.

#35 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 April 2006 - 07:38 AM

thank you! ^

#36 Uninsured

Uninsured

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:15 AM

Hey all

I thought I'd ad my 2 cents about moisturizers. I've been on the regimen for nearly 3 months and have used three:

Lubriderm spf 15
Kiss My Face Alpha &Aloe
and now
Cetaphil spf 15.

Lubriderm is really cheap, thats why I picked it, but you have to realize its cheap for a reason. Half way in
I added Kiss my Face, which not a bad moisturizer but doesn't protect from the sun so you'll get burnt. I was using it at night for a while (for the AHA ) but the AHA didn't seem to be helping my pimples or redmarks so
I pretty much lost faith in AHA.

Now I'm using Cetaphil. The quality of moisturization is amazing. Going from Lubriderm to this was
quite impressive. Now I feel like I could moisturize once a week with this stuff and be fine (of course I'm using it every morning).

But a word to the wise: Don't switch around moisturizers like this. I'm afraid I've set myself back by switching products, just find a recommended (lubriderm wasn't recommended) moisturizer that works and use it all the way through. Don't let all the posts on the message boards confuse you or throw you off your routine.

#37 danjapan

danjapan

Blahhhhh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:48 PM

Has anyone tried this??! lol i just found it and anxious

http://www.eucerinus...acerenewal.html

#38 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:21 PM

I don't know how old that website is. ^
I believe that is what Eucerin Skin Renewal used to be called, before it was Eucerin Skin Renewal.
I'm wondering if that webpage just was never updated.

Has anyone seen that product in stores or online? That might be our answer right there.

#39 SuperFly

SuperFly

Justa Happy Guy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2006 - 04:54 PM

That seems a little too similar to "our" Eucerin to be a new product. I think it's just an old picture, because it's unlikely that they'd cancel one product just to make a new one exactly like it.

#40 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 May 2006 - 09:14 AM

Yeah, that's the same stuff but they changed the packaging right before they discontinued it.