Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dan

AHA is not a required element

151 posts in this topic

I used the AHA from Acne.org on my face - is this okay? I do it after the BP, and don't bother with moisturizer. I'm in NY right now, it's winter time. My skin STILL doesn't get dry. I have really oily skin, especially the clogged pores on my nose. Will the AHA help this? Would I be better off switching to BHA/salycylic acid instead? I have heard that might be better for using on the face after Benzoyl Peroxide.

Please advise? Merci.

Dan? Anyone?

I used the AHA from Acne.org on my face - is this okay? I do it after the BP, and don't bother with moisturizer. I'm in NY right now, it's winter time. My skin STILL doesn't get dry. I have really oily skin, especially the clogged pores on my nose. Will the AHA help this? Would I be better off switching to BHA/salycylic acid instead? I have heard that might be better for using on the face after Benzoyl Peroxide.

Please advise? Merci.

Hello and welcome to the acne.org community! The means in which you use AHA is fine, so long as you are properly moisturized. Yes, the combination of BP and AHA will help to reduce clogged pores significantly. If you are doing the regimen, please refrain from adding additional products outside of those suggested on the regimen, as it may cause irritation. Hope this helps and keep us up to date on your progress... :)

DKR Log http://www.acne.org/...r/page__st__120

DKR Photo Gallery http://www.acne.org/...66762-nycqueen/

Skin Care Regimen

Mornings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer one drop Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Liquid SPF 70

Evenings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer and two drops of Dan's AHA+

During Breakouts: Apply 2 pumps of BP and Moisturizer with AHA+ until breakout subsides

Daily: Take multivitamin (WholeFoods 365 brand), probiotics

Makeup: Bare Minerals, wash brushes once to three times a week depending on usage.

Makeup Removal: Swipe jojoba oil to remove eye and facial makeup, wash with Hydrating Cleanser for 4 seconds, rinse, then cleanse for 6 seconds, BP, moisturize

Please advise? Merci.

Hello and welcome to the acne.org community! The means in which you use AHA is fine, so long as you are properly moisturized. Yes, the combination of BP and AHA will help to reduce clogged pores significantly. If you are doing the regimen, please refrain from adding additional products outside of those suggested on the regimen, as it may cause irritation. Hope this helps and keep us up to date on your progress... smile.png

I didn't ask to add additional products - I asked if I could substitute in BHA rather than the AHA, and if this would be a good idea.

From what I have read, BHA seems to be more effective for treating clogged pores, like those on my nose. They're not necessarily blackheads, just fairly large and clogged. I dunno if that constitutes blackheads or not - 'cause while they are darker in color than my skin, they're not really black.