Photo

Post your results with N-Lite

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
96 replies to this topic

#41 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2003 - 05:20 PM

Yes, i'm very interested too in the alpha lipoic acid, and i'm trying to find a cream in Spain with this ingredient.

Look at page 2 of this thread for the home made cream - it is fantastic - I am in ecstacy over it - REALLY!!

http://acne.org/mess...opic.php?t=6519
The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

#42 longits

longits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2003 - 08:56 AM

Hello! I read the post and it sounds really amazing. I'm going to make it this monday. I'll add too maybe propilenglicol or something like this to make the substances penetrates better throught the skin, because i think that with this it will helps a lot to make the acid effective.

Thanks again Maya! Tomorrow i have to go to my doctor again to see how the skin is progressing. I'll try to ask her about the substance to use to make the acid penetrates better the skin. I think that is the only "problem" of the cream, it need one or two excipients to do this function.

I'll keep you posted :D

Thanks to all.[/code]

#43 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2003 - 09:07 AM

longits - as far as I am aware - the best 3 trans dermal carriers are: emu oil, jojoba oil and aloe vera - they will help with deep penetration.
The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

#44 terminator2

terminator2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2003 - 05:30 PM

hi guys. I've had no improvement at all yet with the n-lite. I got 1 spot as well, and the scarring (small rollig scars on cheeks) and redness has not improved at all. I had my 1st n-lite mid-august and the 2nd in the beginning of september. The next one is at the beginning of october and then november.

I'm beginning to give up. I think i will definitely have to do smoothbeam after the 4 n-lite treatments. What should i use to help the results along? At the moment drinking loads of water, and lemon. I think i will try diluted cider vinegar for a month to see if i get any improvement.

Will i need to take a few days off university if i get smoothbeam done. How long does the redness/after-effects last? I heard around 3 days. How do u guys take 3 days off work???

#45 Guest_niko_*

Guest_niko_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 06 September 2003 - 06:17 PM

You will not need to take ANY time off. After a night of sleep the skin is back to normal, the only time where you might be self-concious are the 1-4 hours after when your skin has big red dots where they did the treatments. This is a no downtime treatment.

#46 Marcsheep

Marcsheep

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2003 - 07:05 PM

Hi longitis, Cuba is streaks ahead of the US in scar revision technology but marginally behind of the UK.....In Manchester, England a professor called Mike Ferguson is working with a research team at UMIST (University of Manchester Institue of Science and Technology) on TGF beta 3 (transformational growth factor 3) which is slightly more advanced than egf - It is studied on the basis that foetuses can heal without scars as a result of tgf b3 while after birth tgf 1 and 2 take over healing - so we scar (aloe vera actually inhibits tgf 1 and 2) - look at the website

www.renovo.com

and the posts by myself and Anna on voy - Clinical trials are underway - If you can get this cuban cream then definately go for it! It is the latest in technology currently on the market....I do know that Cuba definately has an unbelievable good medical system - youd be surprised what communism can do!

GoodLuck

Marc

#47 longits

longits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2003 - 03:57 AM

Hello Marc! Yes, i'm full of agree with you. Look, here in Spain, there is a very famous derm (the best of my country), that have access to this creams of Cuba. I don't know what he do. But he is just so expensive, i couldn't access to it. From what i read of these doctor, he has a cream from Cuba that "coagulates" proteins, and your skins turn into a kind of "brown" color, and then it renovates.

There are too a lot of pages talking about Cuba's dermatology advances, you can find it in google, is really amazing. I don't know who a country that is under all the pressure of communism can have the best tecnology.

About the page www.renovo.com , i have discovered it a long time ago by a post of a user of this forum (dim), but i think that this page is very "strange", i think it's false. They don't give any scientifical argument tested on the page.

http://www.cubabiote...ogy.com/egf.htm

The authentic EGF is only avaliable in Cuba. Is just incredible. I think they have a lot of solution to our problem.

#48 Marcsheep

Marcsheep

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2003 - 05:35 AM

yup ur right longitis - but the page is not false - the lack of information there is due to the need for renovo to protect their potentially billion pound product - here is a link to a paper published in 1995 by professor Mike Ferguson

http://jcs.biologists.org/cgi/reprint/108/3/985.pdf

The paper was produced before renovo was even concieved of by its now chairman. I know for a fact that it isnt false as I know 3 people going to study medicine at Manchester (from my old school) and my home is only 30 miles away...I even looked around UMIST on an open day when choosing my uni. The first products of renovo are still 3 years away tho....I might consider participating in the clinical trial as they pay expenses...Travelling from uni in scotland will be v.pricy...I reckon that Cuba is so far ahead by virtue of the fact that communism seeks to put the concerns of people before companies, plus cuba is a non-extradition country where medicine can be practiced by doctors who may have commited unethical research to advance science (same as Brazil). Plus medical companies locate there due to the general secrecy of the country and governement and the embargos/travel restrictions etc. placed upon it to protect their product and research from being copied.

#49 Marcsheep

Marcsheep

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2003 - 05:42 AM

I mean look at the page you linked to :

In Cuba, through the 30 plus years research and commercial development efforts of Carlos Miyares Cao, M.D. and others, the pharmaceutical, Melagenina, is marketed for use in patients with vitiligo. Melagenina stimulates reproduction of melanocytes and synthesis of melanin. It is not available in the USA due to the Embargo against importation of Cuban biotechnology products into the USA.

and

With the success of EGF in Cuba, EGF was exported to the Eastern European bloc and the USSR for more clinical trials. Today, EGF is marketed globally by Cuba.

and

The story of interferon is also the story of the beginnings of biotechnology in Cuba...beginnings originating from Texans who traveled from MD Anderson Hospital in Houston to Havana in November, 1980. (Texas has a long historical relationship with Cuba, but, alas, it will not be discussed here).

-These kind of secretive statements are a result of america's embargos etc. It seems like the US is willing to stop the world from getting cuban health treatment (probably to protect domestic business)- 'only shipped to the ussr (or former ussr)' - Explains the $$$$ for the cream....

#50 longits

longits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2003 - 11:19 AM

Hi Marc! Yes, is incredible all this. I think that all this is stopped. I mean, whe are using creams from more than 15 years ago! Retin-A haves more than 10 years, alpha hidroxyacids...are from the egypt times!! (Cleopatra uses it, is not a joke).

THERE IS NO INNOVATION IN CREAMS. WHY??? I'm sure that in Cuba the have a real incredible arsenal, but we can't acces to it because all that you said. WHY WE USE CREAMS WITH MORE THAN 15 YEARS? I really don't know.

At least the surgery is advancing, and the lasers too. But is very strange that creams doesn't advance.

#51 terminator2

terminator2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2003 - 06:10 PM

As i've said i've so far had 2 n-lite's done. Scaring has not really improved i think yet. But i do notice that on some days the skin looks better than others. I think this is just the natural variation in the skin, perhaps due to dryness or something. Don't feel this is due to n-lite though.

Longits, when did you notice a real signifcant imrpovement in scarring with n-lite. I am now anticipating doing smoothbeam, once i complete my next 2 n-lite's.

Does anyone know where needling can be done in london. Is needling signfiacntly effective. What r the costs like, how often and breif procedure info summary would be good.

#52 longits

longits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2003 - 11:03 AM

terminator2: in my case, the improvement was really slowly (i think that is fake that in 3 months you see the results), and i begin to see the improvement in the 4 month. But maybe this is the reaction of my own skin. You have to be patient, and if is possible, your before and after pictures (because day by day you look at the mirror, and sometimes is very difficult to see the difference).

I really think that after your 4 n-lite sessions, your improvement will be really nice. I suggest you to wait for 3-4 months afer the last before doing smoothbeam, to make your skin "heal" completly.

#53 terminator2

terminator2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2003 - 08:03 PM

Well, its been about 3 weeks since my 2nd n-lite treatment. I think there has been very little improvement. Next treatment is after a week. Very little improvement, but i think a little is better than none. Hopefully, after my 4th treatment i will have had reasonable improvement. I however still plan to have smoothbeam 1 month after my 4th n-lite.

My overall impression of n-lite will be given once all treatments have been completed. This will give me the best opportunity to reflect and assess the entire improvements. This will be in early December 2003.

#54 dim99992

dim99992

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2003 - 09:51 PM

Longits,
Could you PM me the conatc information of that famous doctor in Spain?

#55 longits

longits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2003 - 03:32 AM

terminator2: if you see little improvement now, that means that n-lite will works very good with you. I'm really impressioned with my last procedures, at 3,9-4 j/cm2. After 20-25 days i see that scars are filling slowly, but is very very visible.

I think that 3-4 months after your last session your skin will be other. I would like to say you that is better to wait at least 3-4 months after n-lite to have smoothbeam; first, to give to the skin the possibiliy of recover; second, because if you do smoothbeam, and after 2-3 months you see very good results, you'll don't know if this improvement is of smoothbeam or n-lite.

dim: The doctor hasn't a public mail. You have to contact with the channel "Canal Sur TV" in Spain. Anyway, i'm looking to give you a phone number to contact with the medical crew of this channel.

Keep posted of your progress!

#56 terminator2

terminator2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2003 - 08:29 PM

some days my skin looks better than others. So not sure whether this is due to n-lite. Got my 3rd n-lite in a few days. Decided that i will definitely do smoothbeam after. Drinking lemon and water a lot. What else could i put on for reddness/off purple marks.

Is smoothbeam or nlite good for stretch marks?????
My laser guy only uses 2.5J i think, all the time on my asian skin. He refuses to use higher. Maybe this is why my improvements are not so impressive?

Longits, how have your scars been post-nlite?

#57 shiny

shiny

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 September 2003 - 05:14 AM

4 weeks after my first N lite the derm said that my scars had already started filling in.
The second session 4 weeks later got rid of the mild acne.I also had subcision.
That was 3 weeks ago. Most of my scars have fillied in about 50%. I have pitted and shallow scars.
I'm surprised at the results.I'll have more N lite and subcision in 4 weeks.

#58 terminator2

terminator2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 September 2003 - 05:03 PM

nice one. What energy level r u using?

#59 shiny

shiny

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 September 2003 - 04:09 AM

The N lite was on 2.5 at the first session. 4 weeks later my scars had started filling in but the mild acne had not completely disappeared. So Dr Chu put it on a high setting (don't know the number). My skin stung a bit and I could smell burnt facial hair. There was some redness and during the next few days my skin also flaked off a little.
I am of Afghani origin but my skin is light olive and my features are European. I'm wondering if the doc goes by your skin type or ethnic origin because if he goes by ethnic origin then he shouldn't have gone above 2.5.
I'll ask him next time.

#60 shiny

shiny

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 September 2003 - 04:10 AM

The N lite was on 2.5 at the first session. 4 weeks later my scars had started filling in but the mild acne had not completely disappeared. So Dr Chu put it on a high setting (don't know the number). My skin stung a bit and I could smell burnt facial hair. There was some redness and during the next few days my skin also flaked off a little.
I am of Afghani origin but my skin is light olive and my features are European. I'm wondering if the doc goes by your skin type or ethnic origin because if he goes by ethnic origin then he shouldn't have gone above 2.5.
I'll ask him next time.