Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your results with N-Lite

97 posts in this topic

As i've said i've so far had 2 n-lite's done. Scaring has not really improved i think yet. But i do notice that on some days the skin looks better than others. I think this is just the natural variation in the skin, perhaps due to dryness or something. Don't feel this is due to n-lite though.

Longits, when did you notice a real signifcant imrpovement in scarring with n-lite. I am now anticipating doing smoothbeam, once i complete my next 2 n-lite's.

Does anyone know where needling can be done in london. Is needling signfiacntly effective. What r the costs like, how often and breif procedure info summary would be good.

terminator2: in my case, the improvement was really slowly (i think that is fake that in 3 months you see the results), and i begin to see the improvement in the 4 month. But maybe this is the reaction of my own skin. You have to be patient, and if is possible, your before and after pictures (because day by day you look at the mirror, and sometimes is very difficult to see the difference).

I really think that after your 4 n-lite sessions, your improvement will be really nice. I suggest you to wait for 3-4 months afer the last before doing smoothbeam, to make your skin "heal" completly.

New York, 11 September. Madrid, 11 March. Stop fighting. Please stop. PEACE.

Well, its been about 3 weeks since my 2nd n-lite treatment. I think there has been very little improvement. Next treatment is after a week. Very little improvement, but i think a little is better than none. Hopefully, after my 4th treatment i will have had reasonable improvement. I however still plan to have smoothbeam 1 month after my 4th n-lite.

My overall impression of n-lite will be given once all treatments have been completed. This will give me the best opportunity to reflect and assess the entire improvements. This will be in early December 2003.

Longits,

Could you PM me the conatc information of that famous doctor in Spain?

terminator2: if you see little improvement now, that means that n-lite will works very good with you. I'm really impressioned with my last procedures, at 3,9-4 j/cm2. After 20-25 days i see that scars are filling slowly, but is very very visible.

I think that 3-4 months after your last session your skin will be other. I would like to say you that is better to wait at least 3-4 months after n-lite to have smoothbeam; first, to give to the skin the possibiliy of recover; second, because if you do smoothbeam, and after 2-3 months you see very good results, you'll don't know if this improvement is of smoothbeam or n-lite.

dim: The doctor hasn't a public mail. You have to contact with the channel "Canal Sur TV" in Spain. Anyway, i'm looking to give you a phone number to contact with the medical crew of this channel.

Keep posted of your progress!

some days my skin looks better than others. So not sure whether this is due to n-lite. Got my 3rd n-lite in a few days. Decided that i will definitely do smoothbeam after. Drinking lemon and water a lot. What else could i put on for reddness/off purple marks.

Is smoothbeam or nlite good for stretch marks?????

My laser guy only uses 2.5J i think, all the time on my asian skin. He refuses to use higher. Maybe this is why my improvements are not so impressive?

Longits, how have your scars been post-nlite?

4 weeks after my first N lite the derm said that my scars had already started filling in.

The second session 4 weeks later got rid of the mild acne.I also had subcision.

That was 3 weeks ago. Most of my scars have fillied in about 50%. I have pitted and shallow scars.

I'm surprised at the results.I'll have more N lite and subcision in 4 weeks.

The N lite was on 2.5 at the first session. 4 weeks later my scars had started filling in but the mild acne had not completely disappeared. So Dr Chu put it on a high setting (don't know the number). My skin stung a bit and I could smell burnt facial hair. There was some redness and during the next few days my skin also flaked off a little.

I am of Afghani origin but my skin is light olive and my features are European. I'm wondering if the doc goes by your skin type or ethnic origin because if he goes by ethnic origin then he shouldn't have gone above 2.5.

I'll ask him next time.

The N lite was on 2.5 at the first session. 4 weeks later my scars had started filling in but the mild acne had not completely disappeared. So Dr Chu put it on a high setting (don't know the number). My skin stung a bit and I could smell burnt facial hair. There was some redness and during the next few days my skin also flaked off a little.

I am of Afghani origin but my skin is light olive and my features are European. I'm wondering if the doc goes by your skin type or ethnic origin because if he goes by ethnic origin then he shouldn't have gone above 2.5.

I'll ask him next time.

I'll ask him next time.

Hello, 35 days after another session of N-Lite at 3,9. I'm really happy. I'll say about 30-40 per cent of improvement, and this is the first time that it happens to me because usually i have to wait rounding 90-100 days to begin to see the results.

I'm drinking lot of lemons too.

Well, coming up to my 4th/last n-lite treatment. So far, i am not really that pleased with the results. Maybe a slight improvement, but not significnatly enough. Will have to go for smoothbeam in the new year. Still getting the old spot, and scars are still red. Skin is dry too. It is very difficult to say whether any improvement that i have had is due to the n-lite is to do with time!!!

Longits, how are things?

People here are saying that you have to give n-lite 3/4months to see any benefit. Lets be honest the body will heal the skin to a certain degree in that time anyway, if you are taking vitamins & loads of water, good sleep you will see natural improvement. I think its not going to be n-lite that will be doing this. N-lite must do something in a shorter period to show it is of any use at all.

3/4 months is heck of a long time, its quarter of a year, the bosd will heal it self in that time. If it stops active acne then thats different, thats something the body isn't doing!

Anyway i am not convinced of n-lite. Just my opinion.

man, just read my last post. It should have been: 'odd spot', not old spot! And there should have been a 'or' in the last line!!

Anyways, last n-lite next week. I think time is a healer, as londonguy said, however, i think there is some effect due to n-lite, though very very mild. Redness has not improved really, however, i think little scar indentations have improved a little. Better than nothing i suppose! Spots are not arising anywhere on my face, including the non-laser zones, so maybe some effect by laser only. I noted that chocolate gives me new spots.

I think i will do smoothbeam, as i said previously. I think n-lite is best for small scar craters. Maybe slight effects on other things (ie. acne, redness), but is not ideal! ie maybe 10-25% improvement overall. Worth it in Uk, as it is fairly cheap - cost me £100 per treatment (4 treatments). However, smoothbeam in uk is expensive and new. I believe though that it yields better results. Will let u guys know and will compare the 2 lasers once i do smoothbeam, probably beginning in the new year.

I think n-lite is best for small scar craters. Maybe slight effects on other things (ie. acne, redness), but is not ideal! ie maybe 10-25% improvement overall. Worth it in Uk, as it is fairly cheap - cost me £100 per treatment (4 treatments).

In the last 6 months, I have had 4 lots of NLite - first 3 were on 2.5 and last one was on 3. I can only say that I don't believe I got any results in terms of scar revision. This is possibly because I smoked cigarrettes throughout the whole time (I have given up smoking now).

And with acne - I get maybe 1 to 4 spots a month (and the NLite did not stop that either).

Maybe it's coz I smoked?

I'll get NLite agsin in January, this time I will have been a non-smoker for sometime so I hope it works better and I see a difference.

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

Post-nlite results:

I've had 4 treatmenets in total, the last in Novemeber. I can now say that n-lite has not been very successful in improving my overall skin complexion. However, i do think it has perhaps reduced the indentations from acne that i had on my cheeks (no, not bum cheeks, but facial cheeks:).

The redness, and area of skin colour change (slight purple/red post-acne discolourastion of skin) remains. I think acne has also perhaps slightly reduced. I did howver use MA for a few weeks and found this to be awful. It drys your skin, making the reddess look less, howver, it gave me a few persistant cyst-like acne spots, which have persisted for some time, worse than normal acne spots. I do not recommend MA, but would say nlite is ok. Better than nothing. If sb is unavailable for with nlite.

I am now planning on having sb and perhaps with a vasuclar laser for the redness. I hope this will improve my complexion. Will let you guys know how this goes, but will probably have 1st sb in mid-march, as there is only 1 clinic in uk that use sb and it is very very very expensive. We need more sb machines in the uk to create more competitive prices.

Yes, nlite has reduced the depth of my scars. However, they are not 100% perfect by any means, and the scars orginally were not exceptional deep. Perhaps more profound results would be seen with deeper scars.

But i do think it has helped. i've had 4 done in total. I now plan on sb. However, it is very expensive in the uk and not well established for its use on acne scars here. So i'm waiting to see how that goes. If it does fall through, i think i would continue with nlite, perhaps another 4-5 treatments. I think it has helped some what. I also now plan on having a vascular laser for the redness left.

N-lite was actually ok for me. WOuld recommend it, if sb was unavailable, although i have yet to have sb. However sb 'sounds' most effective so far. Will have to wait and see......

Terminator2

Basically ive been looking for a clinic which will perform nlite laser treatment in the uk.

You mentioned it cost you

cost me £100 per treatment (4 treatments).

Would really appreciate if you would give me the clinics address where you had the treatments. Much appreciated bruv!

here's the address for n-lite

London Day Surgery Centre

Address: Gloucester House, 150 Woodside Lane, London, N12 8TP

Call: 0800 731 6942

Email: info@ldsc.co.uk

there is also another clinic on harley street:

Advanced laser clinic

95 Harley Street

London

W1G 6AF

Phone: 020 7486 3838

I had N Lite done at least 5 or 6 times over a couple of months period. I have only a few rolling type, medium depth acne scars on one cheek. They don't look too bad in certain light, very noticable in shadow though.

Anyway, N Lite did zero for my scars. I mean zilch. The only difference after N lite was done was that my wallet was lighter.

I recently talked to a very skilled doctor who told me N Lite was useless in reducing the appearance of acne scars. He also added that it does nothing really, at all, for any type of skin condition. It's alleged benefits are fiction.

You are going to be told it will take a number of treatments to see results. I feel that this is a a bald faced lie or naively uniformed. My case confirms this opinion, as do many others on this board who have partaken of this useless procedure.

James

It seems to me that most people on this bpoard have seen close to NO IMPROVEMENTS from NLite. Many here seem to have had a series of 4-6 NLites, and I think it's a real shame since many months ago it had given so much hope.

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

agreed, .....to some extent. However, i have had 4 done, and have noticed some improvement in indentation of rolling scars, although not 100% improvement. I have seen improvement on certain scars more than others. No miracle at any means. Not helped complexion much. But better than nothing i suppose.

I will do sb now, and see if this has any effect?? any thoughts???

i am also considering microdermabrasion for redness and slight indenation on cheeks. Any thoughts on this???

update:

Just had my 5th nlite for indentation. I am now seeing the results and quite happy with the improvement in rolling scars. However, i still get blocked pores/hard whiteheads on the cheeks which evenually become spots.

I am left with some redness from the new spots and old scars. Quite level in most places now. I was now hoping to get a rid of the redness 1st before doing a sb for the remaining indentation if required.

Does anyone know if vbeam is good for acne scar redness? what about IPL?? also number of treatments generally required for significant improvement? any downtime??