Photo

Post your results with N-Lite

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
96 replies to this topic

#1 terminator2

terminator2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2003 - 08:25 PM

Hi, as you may have read from my other post, i've recently had my 1st treatment with n-lite for acne scars. Would those that have had n-lite done, i would be really interested to see what results you've had.

Thanks

#2 longits

longits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2003 - 05:29 AM

terminator2: since the last n-lite, 33 days ago, i don't see any result; this monday i'll have the second session of this round.

From my experience, till 3-4 months i don't see any result; is a lot of important too that you see your before/after pictures, because sometimes you just don't see improvement because you couldn't remember how bad you have for face.

Good luck, and please keep us posteD!

#3 terminator2

terminator2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2003 - 09:10 PM

But I want to see results now...........weep! :-

Longits, goodluck with your 2nd n-lite by the way. Where r u having it done? I am really not entirely sure how much of an improvement is expected with n-lite. You may remember i said that i have planned to have 4 n-lite treatments in total, at the moment anyways. My scars are red in colour, with or without shallow scars (rolling scars). How much improvement do you think can happen or is expected on average?

If i have say like 10 n-lite's will the scars disappear, or will results be even better? Also is n-lite good at getting rid of red acne marks?

#4 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2003 - 12:22 AM

I've had 2 lots of N-lite

One around 8 weeks ago and 1 around 3 weeks ago. I did ask Dr Chu if N-lite helped with red marks - he said no.

As for it's effects on scarring - minimal to date although it did make my face look a little more plumped out. The non-scarred areas seem to have softened, but it hasn't helped with the pitted scarring. It may help with rolling scars if you have a few sessions though.
The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

#5 longits

longits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2003 - 10:45 AM

terminator: I'm full of agree with Maya. N-Lite will not help to red marks (or if helps, just very little).

I think too that N-Lite is very useful for low to moderate shallow scars; anyway, i think that the "trick" of this laser is to repeat it at least 3-4 times in the same zone by a good doctor. After my 4 treatments (i'm talking of one of the zone of my faces who has scars), i can say that the improvement is 40-50 per cent aprox., and i'm 9 months later.

But, after reading lot of topics, i definitivily think that Smoothbeam is so much better for scars. I hope it comes to Spain! (yesterday i send a e-mail asking this to Candela, i hope they'll answer me)

I'm having my n-lite sessions in Sevilla, Spain.

I have to tell you that i meet 3 more people that haves n-lite for acne scars in the clinic. Two girls and one boy. One of the girls told me that she was "happy" with the results, after 3 sessions (but i think that she waits for more improvement, her scars were medium), and the other girl told me that, after 3 months, she just only see a very very minimal improvement (with low scars).
The boy (his scars were very high) told me that he doesn't see any improvement, after two sessions separated in 4 months.

My opinion: i think n-lite is not what we are waiting, but, at this moment, is all that i can do in my face without danger of any type, and that is what i valorate.

And: i'm sure that if i have enough money to can have one session every month, maybe in one or two years the improvement would be very high. But, at this moment, the relation between money wasted and improvement, in the case of N-Lite, is very bad. I mean, it's logical to pay 300€ for a demostrated improvement of 40-50 per cent, but is not logical to pay 300€ for just a minium of improvement, because you have to repeat the laser to make it works.

In conclussion: this lasers haves to be more cheaper, to can repeat it (because i think this is the only way that N-Lite can helps).

#6 terminator2

terminator2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2003 - 06:03 PM

So what can i do to get rid of the reddness in the scars or redness in the skin. I have focal areas of redness on the nose and the cheeks. What can be done to improve this? If n-lite is not the solution, is smoothbeam? or is there something else that can help?

#7 terminator2

terminator2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2003 - 06:58 PM

Does anyone know if there are plans for smoothbeam to come out in London, UK? Is smoothbeam good for red marks/red scars?

#8 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2003 - 12:16 AM

Look into the threads about lactic peels, kojic acid and mandelic .... all will help with red marks and all are OK to use with N-Lite at the same time.

#9 longits

longits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2003 - 05:03 AM

terminator2: my own experience: the sun helps a lot with the red marks (only with precautions), and hidrocortisone (in my country is called Isdinium). For me, this cream worked wonderfurl, in one month the redness dissapeared. I read the same from other users, but others said that this doesn't helps. But i think is very very good. In my case, AHA doesn't works.

#10 Lola

Lola

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2003 - 07:54 AM

I’ve had intense pulsed light treatments for redness. However, the redness was rosacea type redness (red veins, diffuse red areas after my skin got very sensitive from CO2). It also got rid of a lot of freckles/brown marks. I don’t know if it will help with the pigmented acne scars. It definitely doesn’t help with indented acne scars. I had the treatments at the Private Clinic in Harley Street. If you live in London, you can go for a free consultation. They also do n-lite but I haven’t had this treatment from them. By the way, they showed me aftercare instructions for n-lite and these were just as longits described (i.e. no aloe vera, no aspirin, etc)

#11 longits

longits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2003 - 09:37 AM

Hi everybody! I have another session of n-lite, and i think this time the doctor really hurts to me, but just a "little". After the treatment, i have a littles redness rounding all the points of the laser. She uses... 4.0 J/cm2!!!!! This is a lot, but she tells me that with this she waits for a 40-50 per cent of improvement with this one session (i don't believe this, but time will say the truth).

My face looks just a lot of better after the laser, but it is just only the logical inflammation of the moment. Now, i'm going to wait till January, without using any topical thing, just water.

My doctor tells me again to not use aloe vera/aspirins/antiinflammatorys, and that this is very important. She tells me too that i can use (after 10 days) creams with tretinoin/vitamin A, they are very good and helps to grow collagen (but i will not use because it makes me to break out).

I really think that my actual doctor is a nice professional. She tells me that n-lite has a very strong publicity, but that the results that they promise are false. But she is using this laser in "his way" and she is having very nice results. She tells me:

a) The official page of n-lite talks about one/two sessions separated in 15 days and at 2,5 J/cm2 -----> She uses N-Lite separated in 35-40 days, and from 3 to 4 (but she usually tests before, to know exactly what level doesn't hurts so much).

B) Then, wait for 3-4 months, and do it again. Take vitamin C and mineral water. Do not take the sun so much.

She promised me that in March-April, my improvement will be rounding 70-80 per cent using the laser like this.

I'll keep you posted!!!!

And remember to not use aloe vera or aspirinssssssss!

#12 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2003 - 02:40 PM

Longits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oops - can you explain to me why you can't use asprin? The super copper peptides (which I have used after both my N-lites) have salyclic acid (same as asprin) in them. :-

#13 longits

longits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2003 - 04:04 PM

Hello Maya!!! Sorry if my english is bad, i hope this helps you :-

a) Aspirins should be not used 5 days before and 5 days after treatment (well this number is aprox., because first doctor said me 10 days, but is just for more precaution), because it COULD INCREMENT PURPURAL LESSIONS (but this is not so much important, because they will gone in to or three days at maxium, if they appears). Anyway, i think that if you take aspirins, is not a problem, but, is better if you don't take it.

B) What i think maybe is more important is aloe vera; aloe vera is wonderful, but has very very antiinflammatory properties; but Maya, you know, all in this is a lot of controversy, because a lot of doctors says that aloe doesn't affects to the dermis (where n-Lite works), and others says that yes. My personal situation: i don't use it.

Maya: don't worry, because if you don't see any purpural or redness reaction, i think that it doesn't happens anything. And i remember that i readed that copper peptides can helps to grow collagen, and that is what we need!! Don't worry.

How is going your treatment? I think that this is helping me, but is sooooooo slowly. I'm waiting for the smoothbeam, because all that i read from this laser is good, and from n-lite not.

Good luck, keep in contact! :D

#14 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2003 - 04:28 PM

Oh thanks Longits :- - I was a little worried thinking that maybe I have made my N-Lite treatments ineffective... but no, I did not suffer any redness at all - but then, my setting at 2.5 is kind of low but Dr Chu won't take it any higer for Asian skin.

Your English is great and kind of cute too :D

So far, I am seeing a little improvement but it's hard to tell what is working and what isn't. I'm using so many topicals (lactic peels, super copper peptides, retin-a, vinegar etc... he he) also, I have had a little subcision (not on all the pits) and 2 N-Lites ... then 4-6 months ago I also had 2 lots of needling. My big pits on my cheeks are still big pits - but the surrounding skin is very nice and smooth - makes the ice picks stand out even more.. ha ha.. oh well, I am still very hopeful. I will get some excision in just over 1 week and hopefully more subcision... but Dr Chu doesn't like to do everything at once - not enough nurses to hold onto the cotton wool to stop the blood bubbling up ...

It is a long process but I am still positive. It's an interesting journey alright and I'm about half way through I think.

#15 jjmax

jjmax

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2003 - 11:49 AM

Maya--can you please ask Dr Chu if it is OK to do Nlite sessions on scarring if you also have dermatitis (eczema) and rosacea in the same areas of the scarring.

Yeah, my skin is a freaking mess, but the scars are klling me but I don;t want to make the dermatitis and rosacea any worse than it is.

Can you also ask him if Nlite can treat small raised hypertrpohic scarring--I have this mixed in with my shallow pits/large pores.

Thanks

#16 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:44 PM

Dr Chu does answer these questions via email - a.chu@imperial.ac.uk - you are unlikely to get an answer soon, he's on holiday until the 3rd of September.

Also, this clinic does N-Lite - why not email them and ask the same question: sgclinic@globalnet.co.uk

#17 longits

longits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2003 - 02:29 PM

Hello Maya! I phone to my doctor today, because i have so much redness in my face after n-lite, and then i ask her about copper peptides. She tells me that is recommended to stop using anything for 3-4 days before and after treatment, but after this, the use of copper peptides is RECOMMENDED! :) She tells me too that if i put something with vitamin A in the scars, it will helps too to grow collagen.

She tells me that about aloe vera, some people said to use and other not, but she recommends me to not use for, at least, one month (and not to use any antiinflammatory).

And about my redness, she tells me that i have to wait and not touch it, that in 3-4 days they'll dissappear.

Good luck with your treatment, and be always illusionated!!

The boy from Spain

#18 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2003 - 03:00 PM

Thanks longits - I've been using super copper peptides and Isotrex (Vit A gel) - I don't know whether I will get N-Lite again - I hear that smoothbeam is now available - maybe I will try that next time.

#19 mpaddison

mpaddison

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2003 - 06:19 AM

Hi Maya, do you mean Smoothbeam is available in the UK now?

#20 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2003 - 06:29 AM

Hi Maya, do you mean Smoothbeam is available in the UK now?

Dr N Walker
Lister Hospital
Chelsea Bridge Road
London
SW1W 8RH
0207 823 5056

This the ONLY place where it's available now.