Photo

WHAT WORKS TO GET RID OF BROWN SPOTS.

dermabrasion microdermabrasion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 Mostly Spots

Mostly Spots

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:25 PM

I have post acne brown spots on my face from picking pimples, and I have been trying to get rid of them for the past 4 months. Some of the products worked, but every time a brown spot gets erased, a new pimple pops up, and turns into a brown spot,(I don’t even pick them anymore) Right now, I have a basket full of products. I Have
1) Neutrogena at home microdermabrasion
2) Ambi skin discoloration cream
3) Neutrogena Acne mark fading cream
4) Proactiv
5) Palmers skin discoloration cream
6) Esoterica skin discoloration cream
7)100% aloe Vera
8) Bye Bye Blemish Wash
9) Palmers cocoa butter
10) Acne Free
11) Aveeno Clear Complexion Correcting Treatment
I would like to know what products (either that I own or have to buy) would help prevent pimples, and get rid of my existing spots. Not that it really matters, but I would like them to leave by summer. But it’s really not that important that they're gone by summer. People always tell me that proactiv helps with spots, but I want to know how long it takes.

#2 ClearThisYear

ClearThisYear

It's all in your head.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2006 - 01:50 PM

I'm black, and I've used proactiv. In my experience, it didnt do anything for the dark spots.

Have you ever tried Chemical peels? My goal is to get this pigmentation under control by this summer too, and the peels are improving my skin slowly but surely.

Acne Confidence - 1,410,000 search results. :wub:

Jaded is overrated. Let's dare to be awesome.

#3 Mostly Spots

Mostly Spots

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2006 - 04:01 PM

Can I use Aloe Vera to get rid of my brown spots. Will it prevent new pimples, or should I use BP with it, and in what order do i use them.

#4 Giannina

Giannina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:32 PM

Aloe Vera gel is helping me with my redmarks, I don't know about brown spots..

#5 Fuego

Fuego

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:50 PM

I just made a thread about this not long ago. I am not black but I do have light tan skin and get the brown spots from acne. You need something with hydroquine in it. SO far I have used Proactive's Skin Lightening Lotion for months applying it at night only, which has 2% hydroquine. I saw results but they were very VERY slow. And if anything went away I would always get new ones. I would get brown spots from not picking at all, bug bites or even just bruises! How weird is that?

So I decided to give Proactive's Skin Lightening Lotion one more try. I bought it again a couple days ago and now I am applying it morning AND night, basically having hydroquine on my face 24/7. Let me tell you, I have seen immediate results. My marks are fading already within a couple days! Try this stuff it might work for you and just leave it on your skin. However, lately I have stopped breaking out. Let me know if you want me to post my daily regimen. I recently changed my regimen and I think it is working. I got a pimple a couple days ago and that was my first one in a month.
~*~*~My Daily Regimen~*~*~

Morning
Wash face with Olay Cloths
5% BP on entire face
Dove Essential Nutrients Moisturizer
Take 1 Nicomide pill.
Night
Little 5% BP on face & Tazorac cream spread evenly on whole face (No moisturizer at night)
Take 1 Nicomide pill

Proactive Refining Mask 2-3 per week.

Daily Vitamins: 1 multiple mineral supplement. I also drink a LOT of water and green tea daily. It has become a healthy addiction amd it helps my skintone.

I am completely clear without makeup only 1 and a half months on this regimen. :) One small scar still on my face but it is barely visible. I have not had a new zit, pimple or anything of such for over a month. I switched moisturizers again, I REALLY love this new Dove moisturizer because you only have to use a tiny tiny bit to give your face what it needs, it is not greasy or heavy and it has nutrients your skin needs. I am using the Olay Cleansing Cloths because they are like a scrub and wash in one, it really gets the dirt of, you can see the dirt from your face on the cloth after washing and it does not dry out my skin.

I finally have perfectly smooth and clear skin, I cannot believe it. If anyone has questions about my regimen and what I have done, feel free to ask. :)

#6 Fuego

Fuego

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:15 PM

Oh by the way, I would avoid using so many different products on your skin at the same time. It may make things worse.

Also, I noticed that Aloe Vera and stuff seems to only work with fair skinned people with red marks. I have yet to see any posts about it working for brown spots on darker people.

Morning
5% BP on entire face
Take 1 Nicomide pill.
Night
Little 5% BP on face & Tazorac cream spread evenly on whole face (No moisturizer at night)
Take 1 Nicomide pill

Daily Vitamins: 1 multiple mineral supplement. I also drink a LOT of water and green tea daily. It has become a healthy addiction amd it helps my skintone.

I am completely clear without makeup only 1 and a half months on this regimen. :) One small scar still on my face but it is barely visible. I have not had a new zit, pimple or anything of such for over a month. I switched moisturizers again, I REALLY love this new Dove moisturizer because you only have to use a tiny tiny bit to give your face what it needs, it is not greasy or heavy and it has nutrients your skin needs. I am using the Olay Cleansing Cloths because they are like a scrub and wash in one, it really gets the dirt of, you can see the dirt from your face on the cloth after washing and it does not dry out my skin.

I finally have perfectly smooth and clear skin, I cannot believe it. If anyone has questions about my regimen and what I have done, feel free to ask. :)

#7 RJ4023

RJ4023

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:23 PM

I'm brown too. You doing good not to pick at your skin anymore that should help a lot. I agree with above person not use too much stuff on your face. Keep it simple; Also you may want to search on non inflammatory alpha hydroxy acids. I ordered something called MaMa lotion and am currently logging it in the log section, check me out. Watchout for the hydroquinone, that stuff was turning my skin yellow.

#8 Fuego

Fuego

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:39 PM

I am already like a naturally,yellow honey skin tone. But I have been using hydroquine for months and only started using it twice a day, I have had immediate results. What kind were you using? Maybe that higher concentration, like you told me in my previous thread about this?

Morning
5% BP on entire face
Take 1 Nicomide pill.
Night
Take 1 Nicomide pill

#9 defeat_acne00

defeat_acne00

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2006 - 11:32 PM

I have exactly the same problem..I'm black aswell, i never pick my scars but after i get a pimple there is always atleast a trace of hyperpigmentation in that area taking the place of those spots when i used BP.. I have noticed that BP darkens the area where i get the pimple, so if u can let the pimple heal by itself and let the pimple decrease in size on it's own without a product drying it out( BP feel like it's BUrning your skin right?)there will not be a mark left..Sorry but thats my theory..the only problem is the pimple takes longer to leave..Oh and To get rid of the dark marks while they are already present, try a skin lightening cream: even Dior carries one and also a product with Hydroquinone or Hydroquinone itself just suggest it to your derm and tell him your problem...Also i have found Staying OUT OF THE SUN until they're gone..seriously they'll go away before summer..so no worrries!>>

hope i helped a bit...
Take care

#10 Petrarch Fan

Petrarch Fan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2006 - 11:45 PM

I'm black as well, and I found this stuff called mandelic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid. It's from bitter almonds and it's supposed to work well on darker skin tones, as many of us may not be able to tolerate the regular glycolic acid products well. Any skin tone can use it, however. I went on SkinstoreRx.com and found this NuCelle skin care system, and I think it could be the answer to my prayers. They have a cleanser and moisturizer with 10% mandelic acid (the cleanser has mandelic acid in it too but I forgot the percentage; they tell you on the site). The cleanser feels good and left my skin feeling soft, and the moisturizer did as well. NuCelle claims to fade hyperpigmentation from acne scarring and even helps with acne. As I was using the kit, I noticed that my marks began fading a little faster than normal. I wish I hadn't put so much money in this other stuff I brought because I really like the NuCelle. The price of the two trial size bottles, cleanser and moisturizer, was $22.90, including tax. Take care and don't give up--you'll find something to fight these marks! We all will.
AM and PM Regimen since June 2011

Sunday
Dove bar, green tea moisturizer, Sunscreen

Monday through Friday
Proactiv Solution (cleanser, toner, repairing lotion, green tea moisturizer, sunscreen)

Saturday
Microdermabrasion (AM only) , Dove bar, green tea moisturizer, Sunscreen

vinegar and water, green tea, flaxseed/fish oil, multivitamin

#11 Guest_President Slut_*

Guest_President Slut_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 10 April 2006 - 01:37 AM

guys, look into a hydroquinone cream of 4 percent plus.
I garuntee within the 2-3 months you'll be back to normal.

the brown colour is pigment, this cream at 4 percent kills the aditional pigment, it will work miracles for you.
Garunteed. google the use of hydroquinone cream for melanoma people or PIH, the studies are proof it works. For people with red marks its more of a gamble.

#12 LittleBabyface

LittleBabyface

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:25 AM

agrees with guy above ^^^^^ but i wud also use salicylic acid, but thats just me. maybe using a combination wud be good
*'*-My Regimen-*'* MORNING
-Wash with Water

*'*-My Regimen-*'* EVENING
-Oil Cleansing Method (OCM)

*40% - Castor Oil

*40% - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

*20% - Rosehip Oil or Jojoba oil

- Rinse with Dans Cleanser

STATUS - 100% Clear
VITAMINS - Omega 3 Salmon Oil Capsule, Organic Flax Seed Oil Capsule.
FOOD AND DRINK - Water or Pure Fruit juice. Food - No fast food or greasy food, just a suitable meal that would be good for you fitness wise.

#13 thomaz87

thomaz87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:03 PM

I am from the UK where could i get hydroquinone cream from.

#14 Clearly Smooth

Clearly Smooth

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:59 AM

I have a 2% hydroquinone gel that also has glycolic acid. I am not using it right now, but I plan to in the future. I am just using a glycolic acid cream that is helping alot. I want to get my acne under control before I add in the hydroquinone. I agree with Marino, I am sure that a 4% would work better and faster, but I think that a 4% has to be prescribed. There are alot of 2% on the market.

#15 Fuego

Fuego

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:58 PM

I have no acne, Just these brown spots from past acne. I finally made my first derm appointment so I will see what she says.

What products are you guys using. Please say the product name! eusa_dance.gif

Morning
5% BP on entire face
Take 1 Nicomide pill.
Night
Take 1 Nicomide pill

#16 Clearly Smooth

Clearly Smooth

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE(Fuego @ Apr 11 2006, 03:58 PM) View Post

I have no acne, Just these brown spots from past acne. I finally made my first derm appointment so I will see what she says.

What products are you guys using. Please say the product name! eusa_dance.gif

I have Black Opal Fade Gel and Black Opal Fade Serum. The gel has 2% hydroquinone and glycolic acid and the serum has 2% hydroquinone, retinol, lactic acid and kojic acid.

#17 Fuego

Fuego

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:42 AM

I have Black Opal Fade Gel and Black Opal Fade Serum. The gel has 2% hydroquinone and glycolic acid and the serum has 2% hydroquinone, retinol, lactic acid and kojic acid.

Has this worked well for you? Where did you get it from?

This proactive skin lightener is working but I need something with more fast results.

Morning
5% BP on entire face
Take 1 Nicomide pill.
Night
Take 1 Nicomide pill

#18 Clearly Smooth

Clearly Smooth

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE(Fuego @ Apr 12 2006, 10:42 AM) View Post

Has this worked well for you? Where did you get it from?

This proactive skin lightener is working but I need something with more fast results.

I have only used each a few times but I definitely saw a difference with the serum. I got it from CVS. You can also get them from Walgreens, Wal-mart, etc.

#19 Mostly Spots

Mostly Spots

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2006 - 03:12 PM

help.

#20 Chipped CN Tower

Chipped CN Tower

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:44 AM

Guys,

I live in Canada and here you don't need prescription to get 4% hydroquinone. All pharmacies carry it. Perhaps people in US can try using an online Canadian Pharmacy to order it.

Neostrata has 4% gel that comes with glycolic acid and perhaps with sunblock as well.