325 replies to this topic

#41 Bry

Bry

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2006 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE(kamstan @ Apr 15 2006, 09:05 AM) View Post

Im still loving the haed and shoulders sampoo. I use it on my chest and back and I havent had a breakout since. It's soo nice to be able to workout without worrying about breakout afterwards because before that would always happen. It was working good on my face too, but I bought the born to be mild face wash because it has 2% zinc and is supposed to be as gentle as cetiphil. I used it last night and this morning and really like it so far. I even did a chem peel and washed with it after and no probs. We'll have to see how it works as far as acne goes.

Great news! Definitely keep us updated. Thought the regimen seems to be working well for me now, who knows what the future will bring. It is nice to have a backup option should it not work out.

#42 kamstan

kamstan

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE(likeapimp @ Apr 15 2006, 02:24 PM) View Post

Well after reading everyone else's great reviews I went out and bought a 2% Pyrithione Zinc shampoo product of my own,I just used it minutes ago and my skin feels great. I'll keep everyone updated as to what occurs down the road.

wich one did you get?

#43 isotopic

isotopic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for the heads up! After stumbling upon this thread I remembered that long ago when I used H&S for my hair, I had very little breakouts along my forehead. As for a little history, I have been on the CSR regimen for over 9 months religiously but never got where I wanted to be (quit the CSR 2 weeks ago). I found it a pain in the a$$ and time consuming applying all that crap, er I mean product on my face. I sweat very easy and there is nothing worse than gooey, shirt bleaching sweat running down your face while excercising or working.

Well, two weeks ago I started the jessfoliation technique and love the way it is smoothing out my skin. I still have been getting breakouts but think that it may be that my skin doesn't agree well with the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing bar the Jess recommends. So I figured since I was going to change up cleansers why not give this a try. I just picked up a bottle of H&S with no conditioner and showered using the H&S with the jessfoliation technique. So far so good. I will keep updates coming in since there are not a whole lot of experices posted here as of yet. I think I am going to continue with the BP in the evenings and spot treat with Neo cream. I still am not sure about the Neo cream but it was recommended for jessfoliation so I will try it for now.

So here is the regimen I am going to work the H&S into. I'll let you know how it works out. eusa_think.gif

Mornings:
Shower, jessfoliation with H&S
Spot treat with Neo

Evenings:
BP entire face
Spot treat with Neo

#44 Angelic Harmony

Angelic Harmony

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Cooking, shopping, LOST, sewing, biking, passionate people, singing, etc.

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:08 AM

Hmm, glad you found something that worked!

My brother bought "Head and Shoulders Intensive Treatment" a while back. Would that be any good?

#45 Xero

Xero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:32 PM

Found a bunch of Head & Shoulder bottles in my garage including a 1.8L bottle of Classic Clean. I'll give it a try and report any changes.

#46 tigressjk

tigressjk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:38 PM

I just checked out the Head & Shoulders website, and they reinvented the original shampoos! "Hydrazinc" shampoos with " 6 times the moisture" Does anyone know if there is a significant difference between the original shampoos and the reinvented ones?

#47 kamstan

kamstan

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE(tigressjk @ Apr 16 2006, 12:38 PM) View Post

I just checked out the Head & Shoulders website, and they reinvented the original shampoos! "Hydrazinc" shampoos with " 6 times the moisture" Does anyone know if there is a significant difference between the original shampoos and the reinvented ones?

im using the head and shoulders classic clean with hydra zinc. It's working awsome.

#48 souvenir

souvenir

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:10 PM

I was reading up on this via google newsgroups. Some guys were talking about this about 6 years ago and they were actually putting the shampoo onto their skin and leaving it there for 10 - 15 minutes. I don't think that it worked for them using this method.

I do think that washing with it is worth a shot and I'm gonna buy some tomorrow and give it a go. Maybe I'll just try it on a small area but I can't see it doing you skin any harm. I've nothing to lose anyway.

#49 Kixie

Kixie

Kixie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:11 PM

Has anyone notice any fading of red marks?

#50 kamstan

kamstan

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2006 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE(souvenir @ Apr 16 2006, 01:10 PM) View Post

I was reading up on this via google newsgroups. Some guys were talking about this about 6 years ago and they were actually putting the shampoo onto their skin and leaving it there for 10 - 15 minutes. I don't think that it worked for them using this method.

I do think that washing with it is worth a shot and I'm gonna buy some tomorrow and give it a go. Maybe I'll just try it on a small area but I can't see it doing you skin any harm. I've nothing to lose anyway.

I leave mine on for 1min.

#51 isotopic

isotopic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2006 - 05:58 PM

I too am using the H&S with Hydrazinc with good results. So far I like it better than the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing bar I had been using. I have been using it with the jessfoliation method and have seen some pretty drastic improvements in 24 hours. I'll keep with it and update soon.

#52 SomeGuyDude

SomeGuyDude

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:08 PM

saweeet i cant wait to pick some up for body wash purposes.... damn easter everything is closed

#53 Jess

Jess

WILD CARD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Bonsai sculpture, rollerblading, member of the Jacksonville Roller Derby Girls Team, origami, entrepreneurship, volunteering, non profit organizations, self-improvement, nanotechnology, genetic patents, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Breaking Bad, Dexter, and other boss shows

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE(isotopic @ Apr 15 2006, 08:46 PM) View Post
Thanks for the heads up! After stumbling upon this thread I remembered that long ago when I used H&S for my hair, I had very little breakouts along my forehead. As for a little history, I have been on the CSR regimen for over 9 months religiously but never got where I wanted to be (quit the CSR 2 weeks ago). I found it a pain in the a$$ and time consuming applying all that crap, er I mean product on my face. I sweat very easy and there is nothing worse than gooey, shirt bleaching sweat running down your face while excercising or working.

Well, two weeks ago I started the jessfoliation technique and love the way it is smoothing out my skin. I still have been getting breakouts but think that it may be that my skin doesn't agree well with the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing bar the Jess recommends. So I figured since I was going to change up cleansers why not give this a try. I just picked up a bottle of H&S with no conditioner and showered using the H&S with the jessfoliation technique. So far so good. I will keep updates coming in since there are not a whole lot of experices posted here as of yet. I think I am going to continue with the BP in the evenings and spot treat with Neo cream. I still am not sure about the Neo cream but it was recommended for jessfoliation so I will try it for now.

So here is the regimen I am going to work the H&S into. I'll let you know how it works out. eusa_think.gif

Mornings:
Spot treat with Neo

Evenings:
BP entire face
Spot treat with Neo

that's awesome, I'm glad you're giving the shampoo a go with the exfoliation, I hope it works because that would be much better and easily obtainable by ppl in different countries biggrin.gif

just fyi, unless yo'ure using the facial brush (i.e. if yo'ure using the pedicure brush or the electric toothbrush) then it's imperitive that you only exfoliate once per day, and then just wash with the H&S the other time, because if you exfoliate twice per day with anything other than a facial brush, you'll be over-exfoliating and still keep breaking out (possibly with cysts)

good luck and thanks to everyone for keeping us posted on this..I may be trying it out soon eusa_think.gif

#54 isotopic

isotopic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE(Jess @ Apr 17 2006, 12:05 AM) View Post

QUOTE(isotopic @ Apr 15 2006, 08:46 PM) View Post

Mornings:
Spot treat with Neo

Evenings:
BP entire face
Spot treat with Neo

that's awesome, I'm glad you're giving the shampoo a go with the exfoliation, I hope it works because that would be much better and easily obtainable by ppl in different countries biggrin.gif

just fyi, unless yo'ure using the facial brush (i.e. if yo'ure using the pedicure brush or the electric toothbrush) then it's imperitive that you only exfoliate once per day, and then just wash with the H&S the other time, because if you exfoliate twice per day with anything other than a facial brush, you'll be over-exfoliating and still keep breaking out (possibly with cysts)

good luck and thanks to everyone for keeping us posted on this..I may be trying it out soon eusa_think.gif

Thanks for the info Jess and all you have done for the community! I will keep you posted as to how this works out.

#55 souvenir

souvenir

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:08 AM

I got a 200ml bottle of Classic Clean H&S today for £1.67 in Boots. Gonna give it a shot as what this guy's saying makes sense to me.

I'll probably try it on a small area first to see if I break out or not, although I can't see it doing any harm as it's mild enough for everyday use and your scalp and hair are just a continuation of the skin on your face.

#56 souvenir

souvenir

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:36 AM

I used this last night and this morning and so far, touch wood, no adverse reactions. I'll keep you guys updated as to my progress also.

#57 Soldier

Soldier

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:14 PM

I dont get it man, I tried this a week ago sunday and have used it since. The first week I saw an amazing clearing of acne almost instantly, and smoother, mor even toned skin and no new acne forming. I really thought wow nothing has ever made my face look this good before. Then the end of this last weekend bad breakout. My question is how can a product work so well and then fail so badly its like nothing ever made my skin feel anbd look that good and then bam its over. However the only thing I will say its more of a questions is some of the zits that have deveopled, were zits that i know have been dormant under the skin you know when you can sort of see them and they are there for a while and then one day the become inflamed and pushed to the surface. Well since 3 or 4 of them were those is it possible that the others were the same i havnt seen and this is some kind of purging. I wouldnt expect this to cause purging but it just doesnt seem like a bad reaction due to the fact that like i said a few had been there a while just under the skin. The skin around them is still smooth and even toned. I dont know if i should keep using the product and see if i can get over this hurdle and maybe ill purge out to clear skin or if im just causing more damage each time I wash.

P.S. When I started using it I was at school and all week I was too, I didnt start noticing the breakout until I went to my gf's for easter for 4 days. Is it possible that maybe her hard water had an affect on this as when I returned to school things seem to start clearing. Its hard to believe that different water could have such an affect it just was a possibilty since the breakout coincided perfectly with me going to her house.

#58 souvenir

souvenir

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE(Soldier @ Apr 18 2006, 08:14 PM) View Post

I dont get it man, I tried this a week ago sunday and have used it since. The first week I saw an amazing clearing of acne almost instantly, and smoother, mor even toned skin and no new acne forming. I really thought wow nothing has ever made my face look this good before. Then the end of this last weekend bad breakout. My question is how can a product work so well and then fail so badly its like nothing ever made my skin feel anbd look that good and then bam its over. However the only thing I will say its more of a questions is some of the zits that have deveopled, were zits that i know have been dormant under the skin you know when you can sort of see them and they are there for a while and then one day the become inflamed and pushed to the surface. Well since 3 or 4 of them were those is it possible that the others were the same i havnt seen and this is some kind of purging. I wouldnt expect this to cause purging but it just doesnt seem like a bad reaction due to the fact that like i said a few had been there a while just under the skin. The skin around them is still smooth and even toned. I dont know if i should keep using the product and see if i can get over this hurdle and maybe ill purge out to clear skin or if im just causing more damage each time I wash.

P.S. When I started using it I was at school and all week I was too, I didnt start noticing the breakout until I went to my gf's for easter for 4 days. Is it possible that maybe her hard water had an affect on this as when I returned to school things seem to start clearing. Its hard to believe that different water could have such an affect it just was a possibilty since the breakout coincided perfectly with me going to her house.

Very hard to say and different people will tell you different things. Personally I'd say that if you were gonna have a major break-out as a result of using the H&S it probably would have happened sooner. I once put Nicam gel on a large area of my face and broke out in the same area within two days - now I just use it on individual spots.

Back to H&S - I'd keep using it, maybe just once a day if you aren't already doing so. If you were having good results with it you will hopefully continue to do so.

#59 jonny_boy

jonny_boy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:07 PM

I've also bought head and shoulders, I've used it about 5 times for my hair and it got on ym face and it doesn't appear to do anything.

#60 kamstan

kamstan

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:02 PM

Im still using it (on my back and chest) and it's amazing like nothing i have ever used before. I opted for derma doctors born to be mild wash for my face though since it's supposed to be as gentle as cetiphil, and my face has never been clearer.