Photo

pebble- like-thing under the skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Sola

Sola

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2006 - 10:21 AM

Has anyone else ever had this. I have had three in my life, 2 on my cheek and one on my back. It's like a small pebble almost under my skin. I can feel it and eventually it comes to the surface and it's litteraly a rock, it leaves a huge hole in my skin which heals but leaves a crater-like scar. I asked my derm and he didn't get what I was talking about. He kept saying it was a cyst. I know cysts and this is no cyst. It's the strangest thing, I have no idea what it is. It always shows up in the same spot. It doesn't happen often, but it's so odd I had to ask.

thanks

Sola

#2 longshot

longshot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2006 - 10:52 AM

what color is the pebble that comes out?

#3 tricia

tricia

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:12 AM

I think it could be something like hardened keratin. That's what I've heard.

#4 Sola

Sola

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(longshot @ Mar 31 2006, 11:52 AM) View Post

what color is the pebble that comes out?

Its blackish, it litterally looks like a small stone.

#5 longshot

longshot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:32 AM

hmm i've never had anything like this. sometimes i get a really solid white substance from a pimple, but never anything black.

#6 stillwacko08

stillwacko08

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE(Sola @ Mar 31 2006, 11:21 AM) View Post

Has anyone else ever had this. I have had three in my life, 2 on my cheek and one on my back. It's like a small pebble almost under my skin. I can feel it and eventually it comes to the surface and it's litteraly a rock, it leaves a huge hole in my skin which heals but leaves a crater-like scar. I asked my derm and he didn't get what I was talking about. He kept saying it was a cyst. I know cysts and this is no cyst. It's the strangest thing, I have no idea what it is. It always shows up in the same spot. It doesn't happen often, but it's so odd I had to ask.

thanks

Sola

Get a second opinion, especially if you've actually shown it to your derm... eusa_eh.gif

#7 meeee

meeee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:18 AM

ive had 1 or 2 ov these things before it woz colourless but just a masssive lump bout da size of my nipple lol

#8 RJ4023

RJ4023

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:27 PM

I have to see a picture of this.

#9 leidermaniac

leidermaniac

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2006 - 06:05 PM

Wow, that is weird! hmm well if you get one again either take it to the doctor or rub it in your hand with a little bit of water to c if it dissolves. If it does it could be congealed blood.

#10 rodd

rodd

$$rockinonyourdime$$

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2006 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE(Sola @ Mar 31 2006, 11:23 AM) View Post

Its blackish, it litterally looks like a small stone.

i was just reading about nodules (trying to find out more about my affliction) and there was a definition of a blackhead.. i remembered your post and thought that might be the same kind of thing it said:

"The plug's dark appearance is not due to dirt, but rather to a buildup of melanin, the skin's dark pigment."

so i reckon that what you've got is a lump of melanin, basically the 'head' of a blackhead but one that has formed under the skin..
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Song of the Moment: 'Astrix - Crystal Sequence'

#11 kittenkaboodle

kittenkaboodle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:37 PM

OMG, I think my mom has this. She always says there are these blackish pebble things that come out. She constantly has an open wound on her face. No one knows what it is. The doctor took a skin sample and said it was just scar tissue, which it clearly is not. We came across an article on "morgellans disease" and this seems to match most closely to what she has, though the disease it thought to be a psychological disorder. I don't know what to say, but it sure sucks.

#12 lazerface

lazerface

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:43 PM

sebum... it is the oil secreated by the sebacious gland. Sebum can clog the pore and create a black head when it oxidizes. But in some cases it stays in the pore and continues to grow and block the pore. Usually, a cyst will form, break it down, fill with puss and dissolve the sebum, but in other cases, it just forms a rock hard waxy lump... like a pebble or a what seems like a small seed. I've had them.. you can feel it and usually they come out with a little effort.

#13 favritegirl

favritegirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:55 PM

OMG I can't believe it. I found one of these today. I've had a dark circle on my cheek for months and I thought it was a mole that just recently developed. But the supposed mole eventually shrunk in size, so I started to think that maybe it was just a cyst like pimple. Today It looked more like a blackhead, so I pushed it out, and a small pebble came out. No, it is a not a blackhead, or a cyst or sebum. It's literally a rock like formation. I tried to crush it with something and it's hard and would need some force to crush it down. I'm thinking about possibly having it examined at a lab. It's kinda scary that something like this was in my face!!!

#14 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (favritegirl @ Mar 6 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG I can't believe it. I found one of these today. I've had a dark circle on my cheek for months and I thought it was a mole that just recently developed. But the supposed mole eventually shrunk in size, so I started to think that maybe it was just a cyst like pimple. Today It looked more like a blackhead, so I pushed it out, and a small pebble came out. No, it is a not a blackhead, or a cyst or sebum. It's literally a rock like formation. I tried to crush it with something and it's hard and would need some force to crush it down. I'm thinking about possibly having it examined at a lab. It's kinda scary that something like this was in my face!!!

It is simply an old cyst/pimple/zit. That's all. It's highly unlikely it's anything but sebum/keratin/skin cells/white blood cells. Maybe some calcium but not likely. NORMAL. Don't freak out. smile.gif

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

#15 halcyondays

halcyondays

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:27 PM

Did it look like this thing?
dermatlas.med.jhmi.edu/derm/indexDisplay.cfm?ImageID=2102515277

#16 zacharyholley.

zacharyholley.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (Sola @ Mar 31 2006, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks

Sola

Hey, i had that! my mom was like freaking out! haha i had three come out just the other day. its so weird. i wish i knew what it was though.

#17 Ericc

Ericc

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:59 AM

Ive had this once on my back and now I have it one on my face neutral.gif