Photo

Red Face after applying moisturizer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 sballgirl23

sballgirl23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2006 - 05:38 PM

I don't know what it is but my face gets red, like I have a sunburn, after I apply my moisturizer. Sometimes is stings a little, but for the most part just red. It’s irritating because I go to work all red faced. I’m using Neutrogena Oil Free moisturizer along with the bp and gentle cleanser. Plus, my chin (which is currently where I have the most breakouts) is really, really dry. I think it's because I am using too much bp, but I have been on the regimen for 4 weeks now. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

#2 Bradlee

Bradlee

Used CSR Regimen Since January '06

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2006 - 05:39 PM

How much BP are you using?

#3 longshot

longshot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:04 PM

I had red-face syndrome after using moisturizer. Additionally, my face really burned. I changed moisturizers, went through three and finally found one that didnt bother me. I think it's just a matter of finding something that doesn't irritate your skin. I started with the Cetaphil moisturizer since I use the Cetaphil face wash and really like it, but that really burned my face so I changed to a Neutrogena moisturizer and it still made my face red even though the burning sensation was gone. Finally, I went with a different Neutrogena mositurizer (Neutrogena Healthy Skin face lotion with spf 15), and the redness is gone. I don't really like the way this lotion smells, but it doesn't make my red so I'm sticking with it for now. I can't wait until Dave comes out with a moisturizer.

#4 sballgirl23

sballgirl23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE(Bradlee @ Mar 23 2006, 03:39 PM) View Post

How much BP are you using?

Probably too much for the amount of moisturizer I use. I am trying to go by Dan's guidelines. I am just really frustrated with my chin right now and am hitting it hard with the BP.

I'll try another Neutrogena moisturizer. I tried the Cetaphil one as well, but still red. Thanks for the tip.

#5 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 March 2006 - 07:53 PM

same thing happened to me at the beginning of the Regimen. My face got real read and burned feeling after applying moisturizer. Had to switch.
So, yea, go ahead and try another.

#6 danjapan

danjapan

Blahhhhh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 23 March 2006 - 07:55 PM

same for me, its been almost 2 months and i still get red... its not the bp cause it doesnt make my face red after the bp... just the moisturizer... im using eucerin ... thinking about trying neutrogena aha

#7 sballgirl23

sballgirl23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:36 PM

Ok, I think I figured out what is happening here. I was running late this morning to work (damn time change!) and I didnt get to apply my BP so I just grabbed the first one handy (Neutrogena 2.5%). So, I get to work, put on my BP and wait 15 mins for the moisturizer. Ya, ok, face burning, face red! So, I guess for whatever reason, my face just doesn't like the combination of the Neutrogena products. I have been using Dan's BP for a week and my face didnt' get red or burn when I put on the moisturizer. Whodathought?

#8 caffeinefree

caffeinefree

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:13 PM

A lot of people have the same problem with the Neutrogena Oil-Free. I know when I was using it, I was beet red for at least 20 minutes after applying. I still get it to some extent whenever I use a moisturizer with SPF, but Neutrogena was the worst.

#9 SarahBella

SarahBella

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:29 PM

I would sometimes get a red face too when I was on it.

I just try to wash a little less frequently, and not so "hard."

razz.gif

#10 Janiet53

Janiet53

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:46 PM

You could try leaving it a little longer after applying BP before you apply moisturiser. I nothiced last week that my face was looking a little red after I'd put on my moisturiser so I left some more time imbetween and its much better now! smile.gif

#11 fmxkid

fmxkid

hakunamatata, it means no worries

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:38 AM

i really dont think its the moisterizer, my face got red and a tiny bit stingy when i put on the moisterizer...the ucerien kind...but only, with the bp under it.seriously i think its just the mixture of the two...i'm thinkin about chabgin to another moisterizer but change from what i have experienced is quite frightning lol