Photo

Rosehip Oil?

red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#21 Acneminator

Acneminator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:16 PM

rosehip oil , yeah heard about them , but i am using rosewater for red marks ... never tried oil before , 'll post up if there is improvement ,
i'm using yoghurt , orange peel , and rose petals for mask to reduce red marks , to reduce swelling to get smooth baby face

#22 l3br0n23

l3br0n23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:44 PM

Any more success?

#23 ms.lovely

ms.lovely

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:26 AM

im gonna try this!
Morning:

-1 tablespoon ACV (take three more throughout the day)
-1 tablespoon coconut oil (take 3-4 more throughout the day)
-wash with cetaphil
-apply jojoba oil

Night
-wash with cetaphil and baking soda to exfoiliate
-apply jojoba oil with 2 drops of oregano oil

Diet:
the only thing I am changing is my sugar intake

85% clear...I'm on my way!

#24 lalalaraine

lalalaraine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:45 AM

I've been using rosehip oil for about 3-4 weeks now.
Not a DRAMATIC change its DEFINATELY doing some good. Myself and others have noticed that my scars aren't as red anymore.
Just like any treatment you gotta give it some TIME.

REGIME

Baking Soda as Exfolitator
Drink plenty of water with lemon juice

Some hyperpigmentation left but fading :D occasional pimple here and there. but other than that

ACNE FREE BABY!

#25 little buttefly

little buttefly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (Stel24 @ Sep 15 2008, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your skin regime sounds great and I've also had a lot of success with rosehip oil + cetaphil but just wondering if you combine a UV protective sun-screen into your regime? Thanks!

the uv rays from sun exposure reduces the rate of repair within the skin, so it it VERY IMPORTANT to wear sun block (30+), there are great oil-free options to suit acne skins

#26 kimmi2384

kimmi2384

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:30 AM

my doctor has told me about Rosehip oil and how good its meant to be!
im still thinking about trying it! I have no active acne now just stupid red marks that annoy me!
im using Retin A gel once a wk on them and aloe vera every other night and asprin mask once a wk. im just impatient and want something to work now!!
but its sounds like Rosehip isnt the answer even though she told it was!
i may try and see what happens!!

#27 dragonfly0

dragonfly0

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:37 PM

I have not been using rosehip oil, but rosehip powder. I've only been using it for about a week so far, but I've noticed a huge improvement with my skin. So much so that I plan to keep using it and see how it goes.

I have not tried the oil, but in powder form it seems to work extremely well as a gentle astringent and it has not broken me out at all (or died my skin out too much either). In fact, I've tried applying it directly to pimples and in a matter of hours they reduced in size and inflammation went down dramatically. Some old red marks on my chin have started to fade already, but I imagine it will take a while to completely clear.

I originally got the powder as an additive for my mineral makeup (I've been working on mixing my own to avoid irritating ingredients like mica, etc). I added some rosehip for the antioxidants and vitamin C. I didn't know what effect it would have on my acne, so I was quite surprised by it. Now I am using it to make exfoliating scrubs and masks (I usually mix it with just a little bit of water, or sometimes with other ingredients to make a paste). It has lightened my skin also, especially my under eye area where I have dark circles. I'll update again in a few weeks or so and let you guys know it goes. But for those who are too sensitive for the oil, maybe the powdered form might work better for you (it's cheaper too).

Also, if you are using the oil, I want just want to add- make certain you are using it properly. Rosehip contains a lot of natural fatty acids, and vitamin C. Which means, it WILL expire. Vitamin C breaks down when exposed to light, and it can go rancid pretty easily. And once that happens, it can actually be harmful and make your skin worse! You should make sure your oil is fresh and store it in a cool, dry place. Any oil that contains vitamin C should be stored in a dark bottle to protect it from the light. Usually you can tell if it has gone rancid if it has developed a yellowish tinge. Rosehip oil should be virtually CLEAR. Never trust a company that colors it's vitamin C products with YELLOW or orange coloring. That is very misleading and you will have no way of knowing if your product is expired. Rosehip oil has a shelf life of about 6-12 months if stored properly. Also, Rosehip oil is a carrier oil, which means it may be blended and diluted with other essential oils. So you want to make sure you don't have any sensitives to any other oil it might be mixed with. Always check the ingredient labels to be sure what you're getting.

#28 vpm

vpm

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

I've been using Trilogy rosehip oil for about 4 days and it seems to work really fast at beginning to fade old marks. I hope it won't make me breakout, but so far so good. I can't find any reason why it is bad on active acne, does anyone know why it is not recommended on active breakout? I did find that it is non-comedogenic.
Information is the key to making good decisions - share what you know with others.

As of October 2011
Rx: Doxycyclin, Differin, Plexion

Likas Papaya soap, Sulphur & SA soap
Vicco turmeric cream (with sandalwood)
PCA skin A&C and Hydrating serums, Perfecting Protection (sunscreen)
Vitamin C powder
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Makeup: Tarte Smooth operator liquid & stick blush, and different mineral makeups (BE, Philosophy, Alima, Bobby Brown, Clinique...)

Dermarolling

combo/oily - sensitive/allergic - light/med olive - very PIH prone

#29 lincoln92

lincoln92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:03 PM

i've been using rosehip oil for the past week and i've already noticed slight improvements with my PIH and the 2 mild scars i have on my cheeks.
i seriously recommend rosehip oil to anyone with PIH and scarring

#30 vpm

vpm

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:12 AM

I think it made me break out, I stopped using it.
Information is the key to making good decisions - share what you know with others.

As of October 2011
Rx: Doxycyclin, Differin, Plexion

Likas Papaya soap, Sulphur & SA soap
Vicco turmeric cream (with sandalwood)
PCA skin A&C and Hydrating serums, Perfecting Protection (sunscreen)
Vitamin C powder
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Makeup: Tarte Smooth operator liquid & stick blush, and different mineral makeups (BE, Philosophy, Alima, Bobby Brown, Clinique...)

Dermarolling

combo/oily - sensitive/allergic - light/med olive - very PIH prone

#31 svlady

svlady

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:20 AM

I have read about the Trilogy rosehip oil and just bought myself one. I really hope it won't make me breakout.

#32 svlady

svlady

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:54 AM

I'm on my 2nd day of using rosehip oil. I used it last night and this morning it dried up my small pores and shrink my small spot, i'm actually quite amazed with the result. When i was using emu oil it didn't work so well on my skin and i was still breaking out in white pimples. I really hope rosehip oil works for me, i'm reading so many good reviews on amazon.

#33 blueocean777

blueocean777

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:23 AM

Hi All..

I wanted to add the I am completely in love with Rosehip Oil. I had terrible acne in my early 20's leaving me with old rolling/icepick scars (im 30 now). I was a picker and I really regretted it. I tried everything, chemical peels, Micro dermabrasion (which only made my scars look deeper), you name it...I had pretty much given up and accepted the fact that I would lever wear my hair back again. Then i came across Rose Hip Oil in an organic shop. I have been using it every night for the past month and there has been a 70% reduction in the appearance of my scars. Its feels so much smoother. I actually get compliments on my skin now, which is so foreign to me. I must add that it is probably best to get your acne under control before you begin full-on with Rosehip Oil. I used to have terrible acne and it all stopped when I began a regimen of Green/Red Tea (Rooibos) first thing in the morning. Your body is still detoxing when you wake up so its imperative to drink lots of water with lemon and tea to help continue to detox process. After im done with my tea i take the tea bags and clean my face with them, let it sit for a few mins and then wipe off with cool water. I am now 100% acne free. When you are ready to start using Rosehip oil please research the company and make sure the product is 100% pure certified organic. Many companies claim their products are safe but actually are toxic by their methods of extraction and can cause more harm then good. I learned my lesson when I used a cheap lavender oil on my skin and broke out in a rash. I use a product called A' kin for my rosehip oil and doterra for my oils. Eminence is also another amazing company that sells organic products that are amazing for your skin!

Good Luck everyone! x

#34 DC-girl

DC-girl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (blueocean777 @ May 9 2011, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All..

I wanted to add the I am completely in love with Rosehip Oil. I had terrible acne in my early 20's leaving me with old rolling/icepick scars (im 30 now). I was a picker and I really regretted it. I tried everything, chemical peels, Micro dermabrasion (which only made my scars look deeper), you name it...I had pretty much given up and accepted the fact that I would lever wear my hair back again. Then i came across Rose Hip Oil in an organic shop. I have been using it every night for the past month and there has been a 70% reduction in the appearance of my scars. Its feels so much smoother. I actually get compliments on my skin now, which is so foreign to me. I must add that it is probably best to get your acne under control before you begin full-on with Rosehip Oil. I used to have terrible acne and it all stopped when I began a regimen of Green/Red Tea (Rooibos) first thing in the morning. Your body is still detoxing when you wake up so its imperative to drink lots of water with lemon and tea to help continue to detox process. After im done with my tea i take the tea bags and clean my face with them, let it sit for a few mins and then wipe off with cool water. I am now 100% acne free. When you are ready to start using Rosehip oil please research the company and make sure the product is 100% pure certified organic. Many companies claim their products are safe but actually are toxic by their methods of extraction and can cause more harm then good. I learned my lesson when I used a cheap lavender oil on my skin and broke out in a rash. I use a product called A' kin for my rosehip oil and doterra for my oils. Eminence is also another amazing company that sells organic products that are amazing for your skin!

Good Luck everyone! x

Hi Blue ocean, this is encouraging to me because I just ordered rosehip oil myself.
I got it at amazon, it's this one:

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B0014UAHQW

Do you think this will work? It says it's 100%..........

Also, can you look at my scars and tell me if you thing this would work for mine?

http://www.acne.org/...is-t298924.html

Thanks for your help!

#35 blueocean777

blueocean777

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (DC-girl @ Jul 17 2011, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All..

Good Luck everyone! x

Hi Blue ocean, this is encouraging to me because I just ordered rosehip oil myself.

Also, can you look at my scars and tell me if you thing this would work for mine?

Thanks for your help!

#36 blueocean777

blueocean777

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (blueocean777 @ Jul 18 2011, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (DC-girl @ Jul 17 2011, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All..

Good Luck everyone! x

Thanks for your help!

Hi DC-Girl,

It looks from your pics you have got your acne under control, congrats to you. Thats the first and hardest step. Now you are thinking, what to do with all the scars. I wore my hair in my face for years, literally had not worn a pony tail in a decade trying to cover up my face, now i am quite happy. After I got my acne under control I started rubbing rosehip oil into my face. It looks from the pic that you have pock mark scars, which means the collagen underneath needs to be broken up and smoothed out. Massaging oil into your face takes a lot of time and patience to see results and is not always 100% effective. If you want to speed up the process you can try derma-roller, but i would recommend fraxel or having a dermatologist performing needling for you, don't do it yourself at home. Personally, I am just using rosehip oil now but plan to do fraxel in a few months. I have had about a 75% improvement but i am not quite satisfied yet and want more flawless skin so I plan to use the laser. I will post some pics for you guys soon. Thanks for your message and wish you all the best!

#37 JMTM18017

JMTM18017

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

I like EOs-- By no means is my skin clear, but to soothe a nasty red mark that's flat and won't heal, nothing seems to work better on my skin. I think the usefulness of EO "essential oil" depends on your skin type. Currently, I have skin that tends to scratch and scar easily, and I'm over 30. If I were in my teens with super-oily skin, I probably wouldn't be so apt to use it, though. I think my skin doesn't produce as much oil as it used to, but it doesn't heal as easily as it used to, either. If I use an EO, the scab tends to fall off more quickly and is less likely to leave an open oozing sore.

I'm sick of this skin... I wish I could shed it like a snake and start over.

#38 RQ77

RQ77

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:41 AM

I have used rose hip oil before but had to stop due to tiny whiteheads popping up. It did however help with red marks significantly. Skin also had a nice glow to it, I had more colour whilst using rose hip.