AmLactin moisturizer VS Eucerin???

4 replies to this topic

#1 debbielee

debbielee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:47 PM

I found a moisturizer called Amlactin and it has 12% Lactic acid with no SPF. I have a hard time using SPF and have been looking for a moisturizer like Dan recomends but without the SPF. I do like the Eucerin but the SPF has caused some issues. Has anyone heard of or used Amlacton? Did you like it?

#2 WackyJacki

WackyJacki

WackyJacki

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:My hubby ;)<br /><br />Piano, my pets, drawing/painting, reading... and yes... I admit... I love reality shows... &lt;cowers in shame&gt;

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:56 PM

I haven't heard of it. Where can you find it? If you do decide to give it a try, definetly leave us a review! I know the Eucerin a lot of us use is being discontinued, so I'm thinking about trying an alternative also.

#3 debbielee

debbielee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2006 - 07:57 AM

I found this at Costco (used to be Price Club) but have seen it on eBay. I am not sure how I feel about buying lotion from eBay that is going on my face??? I used it last night and it seems to work well but I don't want to say anything either way at least for a week. I will keep you posted. In the meantime, if anyone else has heard of it or used it....please post your thoughts on AmLactin. THank you.

#4 jdang307

jdang307

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE(debbielee @ Mar 16 2006, 07:57 AM) View Post

I found this at Costco (used to be Price Club) but have seen it on eBay. I am not sure how I feel about buying lotion from eBay that is going on my face??? I used it last night and it seems to work well but I don't want to say anything either way at least for a week. I will keep you posted. In the meantime, if anyone else has heard of it or used it....please post your thoughts on AmLactin. THank you.

It is also available at drugstore.com and a lot of other online pharms. I emailed them to ask if this could be used on the face, but it I think it can, it has been rated here:
http://www.acne.org/...php?item_id=289

#5 jdang307

jdang307

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(jdang307 @ Mar 21 2006, 02:11 PM) View Post

QUOTE(debbielee @ Mar 16 2006, 07:57 AM) View Post

It is also available at drugstore.com and a lot of other online pharms. I emailed them to ask if this could be used on the face, but it I think it can, it has been rated here:
http://www.acne.org/...php?item_id=289

I emailed the makers of AmLactin to ask their ingredient list, and whether this could/should be used on the face, this is their response:

1. AMLACTIN 12% Lotion can be used on the face twice daily; however,
caution must be used to avoid contact with the lips, mouth, eyes, and
nares. Also, facial skin tends to be more sensitive as compared to
skin on
other areas of the body, so a mild irritation or rash is more likely to
occur. If an irritation or rash occurs and are bothersome and/or
persistant, discontinue use and consult a physician. In addition,
unnecessary sun exposure should be avoided and use of a sunscreen is
recommended.

2. A list of ingredients can be found on the AMLACTIN 12% Lotion
labeling
and are as follows: water, lactic acid neutralized with ammonium
hydroxide,
light mineral oil, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, propylene
glycol,
glycerin, magnesium aluminum silicate, laureth-4, polyoxyl 40 stearate,
cetyl alcohol, methyl and propyl parabens (preservatives) and
methylcellulose.

Anybody see any real bad ingredients in there? My face doesn't get overly dry or flakey even without moistureizer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users