Accutane Gallery:

58 replies to this topic

#41 please-let-it-work

please-let-it-work

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

I was on 40mg for the first two months and 60mg for the last six months.

Beginning of Accutane
1._24th_march.jpg

Halfway through Accutane
4._24th_April.jpg

Before and After shot
transformation.jpg

See my blog to read about how I coped with it all...
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/292016-my-isotretinoin-log-d/
xxxxx

Edited by please-let-it-work, 05 November 2011 - 06:56 PM.

#42 Dysfunct

Dysfunct

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:18 PM

Hello everyone!

I have officially finished my 4 month trial on Accutane! My skin has never been this good. WHAT A LONG HAUL. I'm not going to say it was easy but it's worth it. It's been 3 days since I've stopped my medication and it's so weird not having to pop pills after a meal! I was on 40 mg first month, and then 80 mg the next 3 months.

So short story, last year, I was on antibiotics, Benzefoam, and some other gel I can't remember the name of. 5 months later and my skin was clear but I was so sick of using 3 products everyday and asked my dermatologist about it. He said that everything I was taking were preventives and that only time will naturally clear my acne. Seriously...? I left that dermatologist because they kept heckling me for money basically, telling me every time I go in for a facial to get laser scar removal when I told them countless times I didn't want it. Another 5 months passes, and my skin is worse than it's ever been. Went to a different dermatologist and was told my acne has reached severity and I should've came in sooner. I was prescribed Accutane. I was hesitant but my acne at the time honestly made me cry and I never cared that much so I went for it.

Here's a before picture (it definitely doesn't show the severity of my acne because I packed on the makeup and I couldn't stand getting my picture taken at the time. I have personal before photos but too embarrassed!)
Photo on 2011-06-22 at 12.04.jpg

After:
Photo on 2011-11-02 at 21.39 #4.jpg

Yay!

Dry lips was the WORST for me. Here's a quick recap that I typed up during my trial.

Symptoms:
Dry nose after a week
Dry lips, raw lips after a week
Dry face after 7 days
Bloody nose on day 11, itchy scalp
Joint pain, extremely itchy skin, sunburnt feeling on day 12
Dry patches on arms on day 21
Started noticing that my finger cuticles are gone around day 23
Forgot when but maybe around 2 and a half months, arms started to bleed and scab maybe due to dryness.
Around month 3 and a little over, my lips are swollen like clown lips! Peeling all the time. Such a nightmare.
But overall, skin very clear besides 1 blemish!
Dry, flaky patches on forehead around month 3-4
End of month 4 and clear as day

Any questions, feel free to message me!

#43 Andy-33

Andy-33

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

Hi there,

Was taking 80mg for 4 months then 40mg for a month. Happy to answer any questions! No side effects were completely unmanageable, had Neutrogena Lip Balm which was good and Vaseline for the nostrils which got very dry and bloody (ugh). Drank more alcohol than I should have, lets see if I drop dead of liver disease in the near future, knock on wood eh.

Attached Thumbnails

• before-after.jpg

#44 jay03

jay03

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:22 PM

hey guy ,

am jay new in this site and i join here cause really stress in this. i never got this acne when i was teen only last year when i went to vacation then its comes out a tiny pimples then its becomes acne i though it will be fine....but its become worse....and i just start to use accutane last month i don't if is really works its already 48 day am using 7 weeks its am losing hope :( and am working in customer service and you know people's react about my face is terrible its like that saw a dirty thing any ways that's life.

just hit me hit up if someone wants to talk to me

thanks
jay

hey guys

am jay i just started to use accutane last month its already 48 days but no improvement and its become worse
its really bothering me a lot.

can someone help me?

#45 Barbie Shanila

Barbie Shanila

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Make Ups is my thing.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

#46 kaydon

kaydon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

I recently have completed a 6 month course of Accutane. I am very pleased with the results. As others have said, it wasn't easy. The side effects can get very annoying and hard to deal with, but it is definitely worth it to have clear skin at the end. I've been waiting for the moment when I can post my pictures in the before & after log, so here we go!

Before (this doesn't show the horrible amount of zits on my jawline that was there at the time)...
Posted Image

& After...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Thank you, Accutane! Posted Image

23 year old Female, 133 pounds

Light/Moderate Acne

Previous 'Tane treatment May '09 - July '09

Claravis 80mg/day

Start date: March 28, 2012

Month 1 - April : 60mg/day

Month 2 - May : 60mg/day

Month 3 - June : 80mg/day

Month 4 - July : 80mg/day

Month 5 - August : 80mg/day

Month 6 - September : 80mg/day

Finished September 28, 2012!! Posted Image

My Accutane Log

#47 please-let-it-work

please-let-it-work

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

Hey guys,

I used to have a log on here, and now I'm doing videos on makeup and reasons why we buy it-if you want a break from thinking about acne, and to have a little look at my videos, i'd be really grateful :)
http://www.youtube.c...PM&feature=plcp

lots of love
Meg xx

#48 Littleflower

Littleflower

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

I completed a 5 month course of accutane and my skin is now wonderful. It was a horribly tough journey but if it came down to it I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Posted Image
This is one side of my face about two months in, with makeup on. I was too ashamed to take any photos without makeup.

Posted Image
This is when I'd just finished my course. I am ridiculously happy to have normal skin for the first time in years!

#49 suko

suko

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

Okay, can any males on Accutane please answer me this - have you not noticed any issues with your hairline or crown area? I know that some people claim Accutane has messed up their hairlines and accelerated male pattern baldness. I'm not sure if that is the case, but if someone does have this experience, please message me or just reply. I need to get at the root of this.
Searching for perfect skin Posted Image

#50 Waseem Abbas

Waseem Abbas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

Okay, can any males on Accutane please answer me this - have you not noticed any issues with your hairline or crown area? I know that some people claim Accutane has messed up their hairlines and accelerated male pattern baldness. I'm not sure if that is the case, but if someone does have this experience, please message me or just reply. I need to get at the root of this.

Hey, i just finished my 6 month course 2 days back and i lost hair during this treatment. Although no serious baldness on those specific areas you mentioned. But i did lost hair constantly during my 3rd-5th month but it slowed down from month 6, now I'm not losing hair that big and my derm says this will stop as soon as you stop taking accutane. 

Started accutane on october 3rd 2012.

done with a 6 months course and I'm all cleared :)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0512.JPG
  • IMG_0514.JPG
  • IMG_0320.JPG
  • IMG_0321.JPG

Started Oratane 3rd October, 2012
-------------------------------------
Month 1 20mg/day
Month 2 40mg/day
Month 3 40mg/day
Month 4 40mg/day
Month 5 40mg/day
Month 6 40mg/day

#51 Quiescence

Quiescence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

Please see:

cheer.gif http://www.acne.org/...-there-is-hope/ cheer.gif

For my before and after pics! x x

Edited by Quiescence, 24 April 2013 - 03:44 PM.

My accutane diary: http://www.acne.org/...306982-my-face/

25 Year Old Female

125 pounds

Facewash - Sebamed Liquid Face and Body Wash

Moisturiser - Cetaphil

Lips - Lypsyl

Nose - Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment

Month 1 - 30mg/day

Month 2 - 60mg/day

Month 3 - 60mg/day

Month 4 - 60mg/day

Month 5 - 60mg/day

Done!!!

#52 poiu

poiu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

Throughout high school my skin was never a worry of mine and was the envy of my friends. Then, two years into university, something changed. I began to get large cystic pimples, primarily on my cheeks and chin. These pimples would last for weeks, sometimes months, and were impossible to cover no matter how much makeup I piled on. For a while I lived in fear of being tagged in pictures on Facebook, and began avoiding social events altogether. I even stopped going to the gym because the idea of being seen without makeup was horrifying to me, and I feared that working out while wearing makeup would make my skin even worse. I went to a dermatologist who immediately recommended accutane, but this seemed extreme to me, and I had heard the horror stories. So I instead began going to a local spa for expensive monthly facials. When these failed to work I returned to the dermatologist but was still resistant to going on accutane so she put me on doxycycline. When this was ineffective after 6 months we decided to try spironolactone. Six months later and this failed to work too. By this point I had been battling acne for well over a year and my self esteem was virtually nonexistant. My five year relationship had ended, I had pushed many of my friends away, and would frequently skip class as I couldn't bear to be seen under the fluorescent lights of my school. This was what it took to get me to try accutane. My doctor put me on a 6 month cycle working up to 50mg per day. It wasn't until around month 4 that I really started to see results. My cycle ended two months ago and my skin is perfectly clear. I've gotten a couple small pimples, but they have disappeared within days. I do have some residual redness left over from past acne, but the difference is night and day. I cannot express how much accutane helped me and improved my life. The only side effect I really experienced was dry lips, and this seemed a small price to pay. If you are considering going on accutane but are afraid, don't be like me and waste a year of your life trying everything else and letting your skin get worse and worse. My only regret is that I didn't go on accutane the first time my dermatologist recommended it. These boards are what kept me going and kept me hopeful throughout my treatment, so I feel it is my duty to contribute a before and after picture to give hope to someone like me.

Attached Thumbnails

• accu.jpg

#53 EatsRainbows

EatsRainbows

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Writing. Reading. Cooking. Eating. Smiling.

Achievements

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

I've wanted to post on this thread for so long... and today is the day I finished my 5 1/2 month course of Accutane.

Check out my log for the other details smile.png

BEFORE                                           AFTER

Untitled.jpg

Best decision I've ever made.

My Roaccutane Journey

16th May-27th October 2013

15 Years Old/Female/52kg

Month 1- 20mg

Month 2- 40mg

Month 3- 40mg

Month 4- 50mg

Month 5 and 1/2- 50mg

Also see page 4 on my log for the before and after photos :)

"You can't make a rainbow without a little rain"

#54 color bars

color bars

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:34 AM

I was on accutane for 6 months at 40 mg a day. So glad I finally did it. Here are my monthly progress pictures...

http://s28.postimg.o...dp/Accutane.jpg

#55 Mueller95

Mueller95

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:49 AM

I usually wear quite a bit of makeup, however I am wearing none in both the before and after photos. I had a particular successful time with accutane so I thought I'd share!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#56 newface28

newface28

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:19 AM

80mg a day for 5 months, starting month 5 now. It's amazingimage.jpg

#57 clearskin1008

clearskin1008

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Clear, glowing and healthy skin! Skin, being our largest organ is the true symbol of health and beauty. If we are healthy and happy on the inside, we are sure to shine on the outside.

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

CLEARSKI2.jpg Hello fellow acne sufferers!

Facing your face can be a taunting task. I suffered with cystic acne for most of my teenage years.

When I turned 17 my face looked like a battle field. Red, irritated, massive mountains oozing white lava...

let's just say it was NOT a pretty sight to see. I could barely face myself in the mirror and going out in public was even worse. 

I could barely look people in the eye, because I knew their eyes were staring at my diseased face. 

It was totally embarrassing so I confined myself to my room.

I was against Accutane because I am not really a "pill popper".I usually like to use natural alternatives or make up my own chemical free mask. 

Mother Nature had no chance against this inflamed disaster. I finally gave in and decided to give Accctane a try. 

Damn, am I glad I did! Taking 40mg a day I began seeing the difference almost overnight. I had heard about all the side effects but the only one that I had got was dried skin and lips. It wasn't even that bad!

Taking pills twice a day will definitely help you out. 

But if you really want to speed up the healing process, remember you are what you eat!

If you fill your body with greasy, junk food.. you will look greasy and like junk.

Fill your body with healthy veggies and fruit, whole grains, and your good fats, and you will glow!

Accutane did miracles for my cystic acne. Within 5 months the war was over, and I was off the pill.

But the battle did not leave me scar less. Anyone who has suffered from severe acne will know

that the big boys will leave a mark. Scars can be just as bad as the zit, leaving an ugly indent on your pretty little face.

Yes, this is a great pill but it will not vanish your scars.

Anything you truly want is worth fighting for and researching!

Taking a pill for 6 months of your life will not clear your skin forever.

It might take away the major stuff but there will still be damage. You have to actually care for your skin. From what you put in your body.. to what your rubbing on it. 

RESEARCH. RESEARCH. RESEARCH.

Try looking up essential oils for acne and acne scars. Tamanu and rose hip oil are a great combo! Experiment and find out what works best for you. Find a good face lotion that will not irritate your skin. 

You can find some really cool masks online to clear your skin and soften the redness. One of my favs is organic honey and lemon.

I'll tell a couple of secrets anyone with a beautiful complexion will know. 

1. Steam your face once or twice a week. This will clean our your pores from dirt and toxins and leave you feeling refreshed.

2. Not too much sun! Too much sun is sure to damage and age your skin as well as leave scarring. 

3.Don't touch it or pick at it. Just leave it alone.

4. NO DAIRY. That's right, I said it. Cheese, ice cream, milk. Look it up, how dairy causes acne. After all there is pus in it.

5. Try cleansing or a little 2 day detox. 

6. Apple cider vinegar, lemons, and grapefruit are your friends!

Anything worth having takes time. It takes effort and care. Our fight with acne does not have to be life-long! If you treat your body and skin properly it will heal for you. It wants to heal for you! If your acne is not too bad I recommend trying holistic alternatives.

If you must take the pill, go for it. Just remember there is no miracle pill. You have to help your skin through diet, exercise, masks, and lotions. The first thing someone notices is usually your complexion. Once your skin begins to heal you will have so much more confidence and be willing to face the outside world again. Take good care of yourself.

Shine from the inside, out!

#58 kitcatcutie0

kitcatcutie0

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

Hallelujah. One week after a 5 month treatment of accutane

Attached Thumbnails

• collage_16.png

#59 keridenise

keridenise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:13 PM

I'm a 26 year old female and like most people here I've had bad acne since puberty and have tried everything under the sun before finally starting accutane. I'm on 30mg pills, twice a day (60mg a day). I'm now on month 4 out of 5.

Month 0 (March) - Starter Pictures.. my face has been like this for over a decade. Ah.
Month 1 (April) - First month completed and I can definitely see some improvements already!
Month 2 (May) - Second month completed and its already down to only a few pimples and lots of redness.
Month 3 (July) - Third month completed after I missed June completely! but my skin still showed improvement.

I missed August as well and now Im a few days in to September and my face still looks like the July pictures. Marks and a little scaring, a small pimple or two but overall Im really really happy with it. Its actually quite overwhelming to think that my troubles might be behind me before the year is over.

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users