What has worked for me: SEA SALT

426 replies to this topic

#421 VancouverGal

VancouverGal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:53 AM

I will be trying this also! A friend of mine suggested sea salt with a squirt of lemon.

#422 mat888

mat888

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

Hi, I have had quite bad back acne/spots for a couple of years. I read on here about dead sea salt and must say it's the best thing I've ever used. Going on holiday in a few weeks and by some miracle it looks like I will be able to go swimming without worrying about my back. About twice a week I bath with around 1 cup of dead sea salts and after showers I have mixed some water with the salt and wet my back and let it dry on it's own. I find it makes you very thirsty so drink plenty of water. Even just sitting around in the evening I wet my hands in the mix of salt/water and rub a bit on my back. Week 4 or 5 now and my back is the best it's been in years, fingers crossed it clears 100% for holiday. Never wrote on a forum before but it's helped me so wanted to give something back. My back has been so so in the past to so bad when I went to the doctor his face alone made me know how bad it got, I've never been so miserable. Even though it's hidden on the back you still know it's there and can't go swimming or sunbathing etc. Once a day I always rub some salt water on my back, so glad I found this site. Hope this helps, don't waste your money on anything else. Good luck :)

Hi guys,

I tried today bath with 1 kilo (2 pounds) of sea salt.The water was salty but when I got out of the tub I licked my skin and I couldn't taste solt at all.

Am I doing something wrong?
I live by the sea and I always have clear skin during the summer,but this bath was nothing like sea,it wasn't even near as solty.I can't swim in the sea right now because its too cold.

After the bath I wasn't dehydrated,it felt just like a regular bath with plain water...

Make sure it's dead sea salt, it's what I use and I only put 1 cup full in. I can taste it for ages after and it makes me very very thirsty. Make sure you soak for at least 20 mins. Dead sea salt contains so many minerals it's the best one I can find. Look on amazon...

#423 rockets

rockets

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

I've read this thread, however, still can't figure out which salt to get. Epsom salt, regular sea salt, or dead sea salt. I think I may just go with dead sea salt.

#424 Mattaker

Mattaker

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

It doesn't have to be dead sea salt. Maybe it gets better results, but regular sea salt will do. It's what people bathe in at the beach, and apparently it works.

I have been doing this for almost 2 weeks/ 6 baths. Am I supposed to be seeing any results already? 

#425 FondBandage

FondBandage

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:46 PM

Well I tried sea salt on my neck for the first time today. I used the Maldon Sea Salt (see photo) by putting a liberal amount in a large glass bowl then adding boiling water and some cold water to cool it down. I splashed the liquid on my neck multiple times over a 10 minute period and just let it dry naturally (no towel). I am sceptical that this will help but let's see what happens. It's worth a try I suppose. My issue is that I have neck acne. The face and back are fine. Just the neck.

Any ideas / comments / suggestions?

Attached Thumbnails

• Sea Salts.jpg

#426 sammy22

sammy22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:54 AM

Hello,

So i am a 16 year old girl and have suffered with acne from the age of 11. it has always been an ongoing battle, a battle that has really effected my confidence. i have been on all medication forms, from steroids to creams (only thing i havent tried is racotane). They work for a limited time but my acne eventually comes back. It has improved for a while however has began to get worse again.

I am giving the sea salt method a go and was just wondering, how long roughly did it take to have a major effect because i have an event in 2 weeks which I would like clear skin for and was hoping that by using the sea salt methid, drinking lots of water and avoiding unhealthy foods that by the event it would have cleared.

Please help me out!

Sammy x

#427 james1946

james1946

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:47 AM

Hey guys, My acne is on my face and i've just bought some Dead Sea Bath Salts (http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B000KU930S) and was thinking of just dissolving the salt in some hot water then rinsing my face 1/2 times daily. 

How much salt should i use, the amont of water will be around a sink full amount? 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users