What has worked for me: SEA SALT

430 posts in this topic

Hello,

So i am a 16 year old girl and have suffered with acne from the age of 11. it has always been an ongoing battle, a battle that has really effected my confidence. i have been on all medication forms, from steroids to creams (only thing i havent tried is racotane). They work for a limited time but my acne eventually comes back. It has improved for a while however has began to get worse again.

I am giving the sea salt method a go and was just wondering, how long roughly did it take to have a major effect because i have an event in 2 weeks which I would like clear skin for and was hoping that by using the sea salt methid, drinking lots of water and avoiding unhealthy foods that by the event it would have cleared.

Please help me out!

Sammy x

Hi all,

Nice to meet you. I've been lurking a little while trying to figure this out.

I love the idea of Dead Sea salt as a natural solution and have been using it a couple of days. It seems to have bought out a few little critters- did anyone else experience an initial breakout?

Right now I have an awesomely attractive cornflake style scab right on the corner of my lip too from picking ( naughty me) anyone have a suggestion for that? Definitely going to a wedding in 2 days time Edited by guinivere

So I have ran out of all of my tea tree oil which I usually use to treat blind pimples I iced it but it was still painful as it was under my nose . So I added salt to some water and used a cotton bud to put it on the pimple and kept dabbing it on then I left it to dry . Its been on for about 30mins and I feel no pain at all and the pimple isn't visible at all

I am going to start this again. I did the baths on and off as I was getting panic attacks at night whenever I did the baths. I am going to try less salt and do my baths in the morning.

I found dead sea salt to be very drying.

Epsom is perfect for the back, but regular sea salt is better for the face.

It's the most annoying 30 minutes submerging my face under water, but I will do anything. The days that I did do it, my skin felt much better.

Here goes...