concealer foundation

4 replies to this topic

#1 curiousP

curiousP

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:55 PM

hey guys...I need a concealer to cover dark marks on my face but need to be sure that it will not clog my pores or something b/c I am clear right now and don't want to start clogging my pores. Even if there is a good foundation that I can use to cover spots it would be good to know which one to use. Thanks!!

#2 princess_nannan

princess_nannan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2006 - 02:44 AM

I've been using MAC studio finish concealer with no problems.

#3 animegirle

animegirle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:09 AM

IPB Image

I second that.

#4 Heartless

Heartless

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:33 PM

I use the stick foundation from Smashbox. It is applied with a brush and can be used as both a foundation and/or concealer.

I also use Dermablend when I need custom blended color. I use the ordinary Dermablend, but they have come out with a line of concealers for acne prone skin and it contains salicylic acid to treat and prevent new blemishes. This will also help to slowly and superficially exfoliate the dark marks so they will eventually fade.

FYI:
1) I use Aloette's Flawless as a primer and for oil control prior to applying the concealers. It works so well I don't even need to use the setting powder for the Dermablend and it still lasts all day.
2) Try a hydroquinone based product to fade the dark marks. (Controversy: some think hydroquinone may lead to cancer although it hasn't been proven so I continue to use it.) I use Serious Skin Care's hydroquinone-based Fading Fluid which has the consistency of water so it won't clog pores like the creams. And I also use Aloette's Lumitone HP which uses a noncontroversial plant extract to promote the fading of discolorations. Both products target the melanin in the dark marks and don't fade the rest of the skin.

Good luck.

#5 whatwhat?

whatwhat?

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2006 - 02:53 PM

Yup, MAC Studio finish is great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users