Photo

Is it bad to work out in makeup?

makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 stuckinacorner

stuckinacorner

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:32 PM

i dont think i would want to work out without it- especially when my skin looks so icky-- but i dont want to make my skin worse... what do all of you do at the gym? is it ok if i wash my face right when i get home?

#2 Mac

Mac

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:35 PM

I think it would be casue u sweat so your pores can really clog...
My Accutane Log--SEPTEMBER 28TH, 2006 MY JOURNEY ENDED

http://www.acne.org/...showtopic=86263

#3 iofthetiger

iofthetiger

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:34 PM

for me, makeup+sweat = really bad. I think it goes for that for the majority of skin. if I exercise in any public area, i usually use at least tinted moisturizer, i think it's better because it's not as heavy as say, foundation.

#4 Fireflygurl

Fireflygurl

lemon314

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2006 - 07:10 PM

I've never had a problem with it... I sometimes wear foundation but only a very light coat of it... and sometimes I just go with clinique concealer.. spotting on my marks etc... doesn't make me break out and I go to the gym 6/days a week.. I do try to wash my face or shower right after though. I think as long as you do that, you're fine.

Oh, and make sure you are wearing the right kind of makeup.. non comedonegenic.
cheers.

Regimen:
AM:
-Wash with cetaphil gentle bar
-Apply cetaphil 15spf moisturizer
- Apply clinique concealer to even my skin tone, under eyes and on any other spots that need hiding..
-Supplements: Evening Primrose Oil and Vitamin E, Vitamin D, 500mg vitamin C, Iron supplement

PM:

-Wash makeup off with cetaphil gentle bar, usually twice
-Pat face dry with soft clean towel and gently apply alpha hydrox 12% souffle
-Wait & moisturize w/Jamieson Vitamin A night treatment on dry spots, around eyes.
-take yasmin

Current Status: Clear of zits but with quite a few stubborn red marks
Throughout the day I drink 2 litres of water, eat veggies and fruit
and workout at the gym 6 days a week

#5 stuckinacorner

stuckinacorner

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:27 AM

thanks all =D i guess ill give it a shot..
now i just hope that the makeup doesn't sweat off completely >.< ack!

#6 Fireflygurl

Fireflygurl

lemon314

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE(stuckinacorner @ Feb 26 2006, 04:27 AM) View Post

thanks all =D i guess ill give it a shot..
now i just hope that the makeup doesn't sweat off completely >.< ack!

Mine doesn't... and I sweat a lot while doing cardio.. when I'm done my cardio I usually wipe with a towel then carry on with the rest of my workout..

eusa_dance.gif
Regimen:
AM:
-Wash with cetaphil gentle bar
-Apply cetaphil 15spf moisturizer
- Apply clinique concealer to even my skin tone, under eyes and on any other spots that need hiding..
-Supplements: Evening Primrose Oil and Vitamin E, Vitamin D, 500mg vitamin C, Iron supplement

PM:

-Wash makeup off with cetaphil gentle bar, usually twice
-Pat face dry with soft clean towel and gently apply alpha hydrox 12% souffle
-Wait & moisturize w/Jamieson Vitamin A night treatment on dry spots, around eyes.
-take yasmin

Current Status: Clear of zits but with quite a few stubborn red marks
Throughout the day I drink 2 litres of water, eat veggies and fruit
and workout at the gym 6 days a week

#7 princess_nannan

princess_nannan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2006 - 11:42 PM

It doesn't break me out as long as I wash it off as soon as I get home.

#8 veggie girl

veggie girl

Just breathe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:18 PM

When I used to go to the gym I always wore make-up and would wash my face as soon as I got home.
Now I work out at home and go without.
Let your food be your medicine -Hippocrates

#9 lemonverbena

lemonverbena

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:27 PM

It's probably best not to work out in it but I wouldn't go anywhere without something covering my skin; even the gym. I know Clinique sells a special work out makeup and Revlon colorstay has one too that is light so one of those would probably be best.

#10 LabGirl81

LabGirl81

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 27 February 2006 - 02:13 PM

I usually don't wear makeup to the gym, since I go right after I wake up in the morning, even before I wash my face. On the occasion that I go after work, and I happen to have a thin coat of mineral makeup on or I spot covered my zits or redmarks that day, I don't bother to take it off before I go. This is kinda rare that I end up at the gym with makeup on, but I've never noticed a problem with it, since I wash my face and take a shower as soon as I get home anyway.....

EDIT: I just had to slab on some foundation for a competative evaluation at work....grrr....It's not even my shade...It's like 3 shades darker than me....I look like Magda, plus My skin is flaking like crazy from it (Damn Physicians Foumula Mineral Crap)

I was a lazy ass this morning because I stayed up for Grey's Anatomy last night, plus it was 14 degrees F (-7 degrees C) here this morning and waking up at 4:45am to go the gym was kinda out of the question.....

So I guess I'm gonna be hitting the gym with a full face (and neck) of foundation on, flaking, and looking like Magda.....Gee...I love my job.....

I'm off Accutane!!!!!

Six month course from 9/7/06 to 3/23/07......dosage ranged from 20mg a day to a whopping 120mg/day, giving a huge cumulitive dose of 262.5mg/kg.

I'm clear, but will be using Tazorac for maintnence (and to keep any wrinkles that want to come up at bay)......

So you want to see my acne and 'tane results??? Lab's Gallery

#11 Carys

Carys

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2006 - 02:15 PM

I think sweating with makeup on is not an ideal thing to put your skin through, although doing it once in awhile probably won't hurt things.

I usually wake up and work out before showering in the mornings. I practically have my own mini gym set up in the garage, so I don't worry about what impression I'll make on the other people I may see while working out. My husband doesn't care! whistling.gif)

#12 Lawgirl

Lawgirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2006 - 02:21 PM

I used to wear makeup when working out and noticed a lot more breakouts, then I read an article about it and stopped wearing make-up while working out and then didnt break out that much. The sweat and make-up causes your pores to clog up, now I never wear make-up at the gym, people mind their own business there so I dont feel weird about going make-upless. Its funny --people I know and talk to in the gym don't recognize me outside of the gym, I have to explain who I am and even then it takes them a while to figure it out. I look TOTALLY different with make-up on, my acne hardly shows with make-up on, but without makeup I look like a monster. Thank god I have a wonderful husband who doesnt want me to wear any make-up and thinks I look fine. wub.gif

#13 prinxess

prinxess

MEEEEEE!!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:57 PM

I do.....I workout right after work, but my gym is JUST downstairs in my building so after my cardio and im sweaty I IMMEDIATLEY go home (about a 40 second walk/elevator ride) and shower and exfoliate.

I actually find working out has helped clear up my skin...I drink more water and I think the sweat flushes impurities or something. Whatever it is, It has worked.