Photo

they sell goats milk at kroger and walmart!!!

calcium milk

6 replies to this topic

#1 terryh

terryh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:13 PM

so im tired of drinking fortified fake milks exception almond milk i like. the reason being soy milk seems to be going downhill with how nutritious it suppost to be. rice milk has virtually no calcium unless its fortified. almond milk has some natural calcium. the other thing i dont like is hardly any fat in these drinks. for a healthy person like me i need a good energy food and goats milk is just that. has fat, carbs and protein.

well i just found out kroger sells it. i dont know how long they had it, but i had drank it once at a health food store, same brand, and i was so happy with it. but the store was like out of the way,a 45 min drive, and it was like 4 dollars for a quart

goat milk is like 3 dollars here for a quart but i mean thats not bad considering people go and pay a dollar for bottle water. i dont have any problems with it either, skin or digestion and its one of the most delicous drinks i ever had far superior to bad after-taste from cows milk.

for someone like me who is having weight issues with healthy eating and cant drink cows milk ii definately try goats milk out

think for yourself

#2 kaleidoscope

kaleidoscope

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:26 PM

Is it organic, though? I wouldn't get it unless it's organic... and non-homogenized.

#3 ~TEPL0~

~TEPL0~

back from the dead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:32 PM

I lived in a village when I was a kid, and I drank goat's milk when it was still warm. it tastes nasty as hell. Really damn nasty.

#4 h0ppy

h0ppy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:55 PM

Why do you need milk so much? Do you even know if your calcium levels are low? I wouldn't even bother drinking it unless it was raw unpasteurized. The only kind of goat's milk I've seen is ultra-pasteurized, ruining most - if not all - of the beneficial fats and vitamins. I think it'd just clog your system. Stick to the almond/rice/oat/hazelnut milks, or just drink diluted ACV, lemon/lime water, emergenC, herbal teas, or good, filtered water.

Bulk up by eating more starchy veggies, whole grain hot cereals, organic meats, eggs, fish, poultry, and good fats.

#5 Guest_Cubsfan_*

Guest_Cubsfan_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 16 February 2006 - 10:27 PM

as a rule of thumb, the more protein you take in the more calcium you lose.

the body naturally keeps the blood at a nuetral PH level, if you consume a lot of acid forming foods the body will automatically draw calcium from the bones to balance the PH of the blood. unfortunately meat and dairy products are high in acidity.

a diet rich in animal protein & dairy will lead to a gradual decrease in bone density and possibly osteoporosis

it is unfortunate that the dairy council continues to portray dairy products giving people 'stronger bones', their motivation is simply to boost up sales.

the best source of calcium is from green veggies like brocoli

#6 bryan

bryan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:04 AM

And here's another rule of thumb: milk seems to be designed by Nature to get calcium into you! wink.gif

As has been pointed out in another thread, the calcium-phosphorous ratio is important. Calcium is absorbed better when those minerals are relatively balanced. Should it be any big surprise that they are VERY well-balanced in milk? eusa_think.gif Is it also any surprise that the sugar naturally present in milk (lactose) also stimulates the absorption of calcium, whereas other sugars do not? Should it be any big surprise that the fatty acid profile of butterfat seems to enhance calcium absorption for some reason, whereas the polyunsaturated fats in vegetables actually decrease it? I think not.

Many people point to the protein content of milk and try to suggest that that's something that works against calcium absorption; however, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the specific design of milk protein (like all the other factors in milk) is actually supportive of calcium absorption. I think milk is still the best way to get calcium into you.

Bryan

#7 terryh

terryh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2006 - 01:06 AM

yes i dont like the fact its superpasteurized. eh its better for me then cows milk. heck no matter what you type in these boards someone is gonna say its bad for you. just like eating potatoes someone will say its high in GI or whatever its called and then there will be debate on that

the saturated fat in goats milk is low-med chain sat fat like that of coconut oil. the protein is different which many people are allergic to in cows milk. im sure cooking will alter the fat some like monounsat perhaps. but cooking does that with anything if you eat hamburger meat its altered, eggs altered, fish altered. less nutritous yes

calcium isnt the issue, im looking like im on crank right now jp just the skinny part lol and i eat alot of calories. if it bothers me ill stop it but 32 ounces in a quart getting 8 ounces every other other day isnt gonna hurt me. moderation baby, id prob be worse off drinking soy milk

as for phospho ill get my raw egg yolk with milk they say they go good together

until the day i find raw milk
think for yourself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users