1950 replies to this topic

#1941 dunedain

dunedain

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:15 PM

The meanest thing anyone's ever said to me was said to me 10 years ago when I was 13 and I still remember it to this DAY. Well it was 2 incidents - one was when I walked into my friend's homeroom class to give her something, and I had a giant red pimple on the centre of my nose. It was right before the winter holidays so a bunch of the boys saw me and then yelled out "IT'S RUDOLPH" and laughed their butts off while I cried on the inside.

In the same year, my group of "friends" that I was going to room with at a hotel for our elementary school graduation trip decided that they didn't want to room with me anymore cause I was "weird" now. The only thing that had changed about me was my face so you can imagine how that felt. Kids can be so cruel.

But the best thing I've ever done for myself is cut all those people out of my life. I haven't received negative comments from anyone anymore in the past few years and the only time anyone brings my skin is to either tell me that it looks fine (whether or not that's true) OR to give me some actual advice/tips that they've heard that I might find useful. :) 

#1942 Dari elle

Dari elle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:My interests are reading, writing, pinning, gymming and experimenting with ways to become acne free!

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:06 PM

My bf's friend was going to take a group photo so he said, "Try to look good everyone.. oh wait, there's nothing you could do to look any better"... I was 16 then but remember it as if it was yesterday. Not even safe at home as my mother often calls me "keyboard face"

#1943 Kooks

Kooks

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

I started getting very little bumps on my forehead around midway through 7th grade. I'd always had picture-perfect baby soft skin and took very good care of my skin starting at a young age. I never thought I'd be so damaged by acne.

Anyway so during the summer of 8th grade, I was googling and youtubing natural face masks to clear acne. I made so many masks that I thought would fix what little pimples I had. My mom to this day thinks the reason why my acne got worse was because of those masks. I'll admit I may have gone a little overboard with them but only because I was so desperate for clear skin. But I didnt go over the limit of masks everyday and plus I took very good care of my skin on a daily basis, making sure not to overdo it. As 8th grade progressed, I started getting more and more red marks on my left cheek. Eventually it just got so red that I would push my hair off to the left side just to hide the redness. Midway thru 8th grade I went to the derm and they prescribed me medication that I used so religiously. I'd always been so good in take care of skin from when I was very little. I had no idea why more and more pimples would replace the old scars.
It got to the point when 2 people asked me if i had a hickey on my cheek. It was so embarrassing!
My family would point it out and I'd avoid family gatherings just so I wouldn't have to hear what I already knew, which was:
"You should go see a dermatologist."
"Are you popping them? Ok good cuz that's not good."
"I see that its getting better"
I know the only reason my family said those things was because they care, but I obviously know I have problems with my skin physically and emotionally. I'm doing everything I can physically to make it go away but their comments aren't helping me emotionally.

#1944 Blissfully Unaware

Blissfully Unaware

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Getting clear skin.

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:37 AM

My mum once looked at me and said "are you getting chicken pox?" It was just all the leftover red marks she was looking at...

Unrelated, a few weeks ago I was talking to a guy on the phone and he said he just had an argument with my best friends boyfriend, he thought it was funny that he told him to "wash your face, your acne is disgraceful" I sort of went silent and didn't know what to say, I dont stay friends with people like him, he was always bragging about how amazing he looks, that any girl would be "amazingly lucky" to get him. Someone needs a reality check, especially when their personality is ugly within itself.

Edited by Blissfully Unaware, 09 March 2014 - 05:38 AM.

#1945 Threedaysgrace

Threedaysgrace

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music- Three days grace, My Chemical romance, Panic! At the Disco, Fall out boy, Sick Puppies , The Pretty Reckless
    Art- Painting and basically drawing anything.
    Being lazy

Achievements

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

Teacher in sixthform- your big enough and ugly enough to know better.

Friend- i dont really know if i can call her a friend- 'Your really spotty'

Another so called friend- 'You have lots of spots'

People staring.

I also went through chemical burns- 2nd degree from using lemon juice to treat acne.  I had  big blisters all over my face. People just stared and then a group of b*tches were like 'I dont what i would do if i have her face' and started laughing.

I still have acne and bad acne scarring. People still stare. :(

#1946 dobedobe

dobedobe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:39 PM

Its human nature to put other people down, especially when they never will have to deal with it. I have been called ugly infront of other people. And they just laugh and say it even louder so I can hear it. I just reason with it, they are with their friends and it happens. I just ignore them, and at the end of the day, I let it go.
Don't worry, anytime they need help, I will always ignore them.

#1947 xtorie

xtorie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

When I was a teenager my sister's friend said to me, "It must be so hard having such ugly skin when your sister has perfect skin." Damn right it's hard, but you don't need to point it out!

#1948 fatalbert911

fatalbert911

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:the latest & future technology, singularity, new world order's agenda, alex jones show =) cool stuff like that. I also like seeing anime, action packed movies, getting platinum trophies on my ps3!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:10 AM

Its human nature to put other people down, especially when they never will have to deal with it. I have been called ugly infront of other people. And they just laugh and say it even louder so I can hear it. I just reason with it, they are with their friends and it happens. I just ignore them, and at the end of the day, I let it go.
Don't worry, anytime they need help, I will always ignore them.

It's sad that this seems to be the case, but dame they say it right infront of you?

people are too scared to say it directly to me because I look like an intimidating guy... you must look non threatening for people to be so bold as to be so flat out upfront about it.

#1949 Sinderella

Sinderella

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, video games, cooking, starting tv shows on Netflix and watching six seasons in a week.

Achievements

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:22 PM

In high school.. "At least you know guys like you for your personality" and "It's great that you have the confidence to go out with such awful skin." Girls are so good at being undercover jerks.

#1950 Livvs

Livvs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

The meanest things ever said about my acne was said my my friends (who are no longer my friends surprise surprise)
Wow I'm so glad I don't have acne, my friend to another friend right in front of me

I can't wait to see what you look like without spots, ( yeah me to )

Told my friend I was going on accutane and my other friend said she wanted to go on it and my other friend said no your skins NO WHERE NEAR bad enough ( gee thanks)

Liv how often do you wash your face?
*thinking of nick names for each other * liv can be dr spot

Why don't you just pop all of them and then they'll go away? Said by supposedly one of my closest friends

Anyways long story short I fell out with that group of friends, now my skins clear and I'm so much more confident, not to sound like a prick here but I get asked out so much more now I've got clear skin, (sounding really big headed now) guys will ask for my number when I'm just waiting for the met, and yano what, my "friends" and still miserable fucks who get no boy attention, carma bitch.

Seriously tho, when I was with my girl friends all they used to talk about was my skin, as soon as I started skateboarding and all of my friends were guys not a thing was mentioned about it, girls can be bitchy, lesson learnt

#1951 dreamskinforever

dreamskinforever

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:34 PM

I dont understand why people have to be so ignorant and mean to actually point out people who have acne and make comments I mean its like we know we have acne do you think we Like living with this? obviously we're doing something to clear it! anyway i worked at Mcdonalds as a cashier for 3 years now and I've had customers actually comment or ask me something about my acne after they have placed their order and its SO embarrassing like do you have any idea how i feel when you put me on the spot like that?! I look around to see if my co-workers heard or other customers and i just smile and say okay but here are a few:

- What happened to your face?

- are you using anything for your acne?

- What are you using for your face?

- are you eating too much chocolate and junk food?

- I am selling a cream you should buy it, its soo good

- you should do something about those marks I sell these products please buy it!

One time i went to get my belly pierced and the lady actually started suggesting her acne products and told me i should take care of my acne first! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users