1961 replies to this topic

#1901 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

A "friend' once told me that one of my exes had gotten together with a girl who was "exactly like you, only hotter." 

This friend didn't have a real way with words.

Didn't directly refer to my severe acne, but she did happen to have glowing, clear skin. 

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#1902 MayaTsukioka

MayaTsukioka

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

No one has said too much about my acne. A few years back some little boy called me "acne face." I still remember it because at the time it was extremely insulting to me. But now the worst part is the disappointment i feel when i see myself in the mirror.

#1903 ibiza1987

ibiza1987

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:running, working out, natural living, house music, sunshine, fine dining, dogs, fashion, reading, travel

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

Another incident just occurred to me, I offered to do my sisters make up for their night out and they sneered and said something along the lines of 'erm, no cos look at how you put yours on, I don't want mine looking like that'. They were referring to my 'over done, cakey, orangey foundation' used to desperately hide my acne but with no avail.

Was really hurtful because how I put my own make up on is not representative of how I would do someone elses - I am actually really artistic and extremely good at applying eye make up and retro liquid eyeliner on myself and other people.

Again, fed up of being so stigmatised over having acne, people should realise how much words hurt. Well, knowing my sisters and how they generally treat me, that was obviously their intention :( They said countless other remarks about my skin over the years too. One would look at me with such hatred and snarl 'spotty bitch' at me, they would constantly make it clear that they were considered far superior to me due to not having spots. 

#1904 fatalbert911

fatalbert911

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:the latest & future technology, singularity, new world order's agenda, alex jones show =) cool stuff like that. I also like seeing anime, action packed movies, getting platinum trophies on my ps3!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

If my reality is just mine, then why do others experience the same thing? those people aren't in my neighborhood as far as I know in fact I'd bet they are in many different one's all over the country and you know what? it's the same thing every time. humiliation, negativity, sadness this isn't just a random coincidence, it's the way this world works. Those "charities" especially the real big ones I'm sure a spending that cash real well... in the Caribbean that is XD. 

This world is corrupt, bleak, immoral, immature and again just trash. Are there good people? Sure, but in an ocean of trash is hard to see clear waters. Look, I think i do myself harm, the problem is I care to much about the state the worlds is in and I am not yet in a time where I could make any real difference.

ps: tell those plp to start an acne charity because lord know we need it lol that fake bum.

To the guy wanting to smack those, who think world isn't trash, back to reality - your reality is just yours. And again - the world doesn't end where your neighbourhood ends. If 100 pages of people ranting on acne forum is > than the input done by many compassionate people from various organisations, charities etc to improve the world at least a bit, well... I think it's obvious what really is trashy here. Someone's perception and pov... Very sad.   

Edited by fatalbert911, 15 June 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#1905 Frank*L

Frank*L

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:MMA
    Just things in general I guess

Being cool with people

Trying to get through this thing called life man

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

being told to kill yourself because you are so ugly isn't just my twisted perception of the world. it actually physically happened to me. a person actually felt like they had the right to tell me that for whatever reason. as if i wasn't human or worthy of anything but death. many other  people have said similar things like that in different variations and again it wasn't me having a negative perception of the world. it actually happened. i have also had to get into physical confrontations with people just to keep some sort of self worth and pride. it is all very tiring.

reading other peoples posts and stories here I would have to only assume things aren't better in other peoples neighborhoods. i guess it is basically human nature. it is unfair to some of us. some of you can still skate by in life and be positive which is awesome. good for you! but please excuse us if  some of us get angry.

#1906 ibiza1987

ibiza1987

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:running, working out, natural living, house music, sunshine, fine dining, dogs, fashion, reading, travel

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

being told to kill yourself because you are so ugly isn't just my twisted perception of the world. it actually physically happened to me. a person actually felt like they had the right to tell me that for whatever reason. as if i wasn't human or worthy of anything but death. many other  people have said similar things like that in different variations and again it wasn't me having a negative perception of the world. it actually happened. i have also had to get into physical confrontations with people just to keep some sort of self worth and pride. it is all very tiring.

reading other peoples posts and stories here I would have to only assume things aren't better in other peoples neighborhoods. i guess it is basically human nature. it is unfair to some of us. some of you can still skate by in life and be positive which is awesome. good for you! but please excuse us if  some of us get angry.

(((hugs))) Frank*L :(

It makes me so sad to hear what you and so many of us have had to put up with from nasty people just because we have a skin condition. 

#1907 Perseverance92

Perseverance92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Age is an issue of mind over matter.If you don't mind it doesn't matters.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

A kid once told me that he'd like to step on my face because it reminded him of the moon.He wanted to be another Neil Armstrong! HAHA

Edited by Perseverance92, 19 June 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#1908 Frank*L

Frank*L

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:MMA
    Just things in general I guess

Being cool with people

Trying to get through this thing called life man

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

(((hugs))) Frank*L sad.png

It makes me so sad to hear what you and so many of us have had to put up with from nasty people just because we have a skin condition. 

you're an awesome person ibiza thanks for the love! its all good

A kid once told me that he'd like to step on my face because it reminded him of the moon.He wanted to be another Neil Armstrong! HAHA

you should of punched dude in the face for making an empty threat and for being a sh*ty comedian.

#1909 Perseverance92

Perseverance92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Age is an issue of mind over matter.If you don't mind it doesn't matters.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:34 AM

(((hugs))) Frank*L sad.png

you're an awesome person ibiza thanks for the love! its all good

>A kid once told me that he'd like to step on my face because it reminded him of the moon.He wanted to be another Neil Armstrong! HAHA

you should of punched dude in the face for making an empty threat and for being a sh*ty comedian.

Well he was like 9... :/ Kids can be so callous ...

#1910 dobedobe

dobedobe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

"dirty! nasty! like really loud so everyone can hear. . I just ignored her and said to myself "ha ha ", "who cares so what everyone knows. (cognitive-behavioral therapy for the win)

this one lady had to get up out of chair and said "jesus christ" told a coworker about my skin. I told myself who cares, I made you get off of your chair, haha. do what you want, took a deep breath calmed myself down and said so what! who cares what the say!

I was walking down the hallway some girl said "annoying out loud when she walked past me. I laughed and said so what who cares, I cant control other people, I can only control myself. and who cares.

if you keep doing this simple concept, any negative comments will automatically trigger a "so what" "who cares," calm yourself, why do I care what they think? why would I let them affect me, nothing I can do,

#1911 fatalbert911

fatalbert911

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:the latest & future technology, singularity, new world order's agenda, alex jones show =) cool stuff like that. I also like seeing anime, action packed movies, getting platinum trophies on my ps3!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

"dirty! nasty! like really loud so everyone can hear. . I just ignored her and said to myself "ha ha ", "who cares so what everyone knows. (cognitive-behavioral therapy for the win)

this one lady had to get up out of chair and said "jesus christ" told a coworker about my skin. I told myself who cares, I made you get off of your chair, haha. do what you want, took a deep breath calmed myself down and said so what! who cares what the say!

I was walking down the hallway some girl said "annoying out loud when she walked past me. I laughed and said so what who cares, I cant control other people, I can only control myself. and who cares.

if you keep doing this simple concept, any negative comments will automatically trigger a "so what" "who cares," calm yourself, why do I care what they think? why would I let them affect me, nothing I can do,

Yes i like this idea similar to mine exept i don't use word like "whatever,who cares". mine are a bit more uhh stronger lol. but hey glad this strategy works for you!

#1912 Clear My Skin

Clear My Skin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

" do you have chicken pox"

"do you have acne"

"get some clearasil"

Once though, someone sitting by me in class had the nerve to whisper about me to the person sat next to him and I turned around just as he said it. I thought we were good friends too.

I am currently taking 2 x 250mg oxytetracycline tablets twice per day and at night apply Duac Once Daily Gel. Both of these have been prescribed by my doctor.

#1913 openthebox

openthebox

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:52 PM

When I was in year 8, this guy who I was good friends with used to count my spots whenever he saw me, which encouraged other people to do it too. My acne wasn't severe, but I felt so self conscious about it! What really annoyed me was the fact that he always had perfect skin, so didn't understand why it upset me so much.

#1914 DesolateSky

DesolateSky

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Muse, Biffy Clyro, Elbow, Bioshock, Gears of War, Deathnote, Game of Thrones, Dexter, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad :)

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

I've never really had anyone walk up to my face and insult me, but I did have a group of friends that kinda pinned me as the "unattractive" guy in the group. But that was when I was like 16 - 17 and just starting college. 3 years down the line and my friends are asking me why I get hit on by girls so much when we go out drinking. Funny world eh?

#1915 nothin2somethin

nothin2somethin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

One time my best friend said "you gotta get rid of that shit man, thats gross" although he most likely meant it moreso as advice rather than an insult.

Back in high school, a kid did a rap in the cafeteria, one of his lines was "when I look at this kid all i see is a sheet of paper with red dots" right in front of everyone. At the time I honestly didnt even care what people thought about me, but shit I sure did in the years to come.

Sometimes its not even what people say; its resorting to telling people that the cyst on the side of your face is a bug bite or some dumb shit like that to justify whats happening.

#1916 darkheart

darkheart

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

In the past:

"It must be your diet, there is no way you're eating natural foods with skin like that"

"You should really wear makeup, I don't know why you choose to expose your skin"

"You have no idea how to take care of your skin, do you?"

"You're obviously not listening to your doctor, your skin would have cleared up now if you actually followed the advice"

"I can't possibly imagine how much artificial food you stuff inside your body on a daily basis for your skin to look the way it it does"

"I don't believe that you're eating as healthy as you say you do, skin mirrors our internal health - and yours is completely unhealthy"

Edited by darkheart, 09 July 2013 - 10:15 PM.

#1917 moodymoody

moodymoody

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

1)My ex boyfriend said to me when we got breakup:
~ they say the real beauty is inside,no,inside is something ugly
2)Don't go to the dermatologist anymore.
3)And the most painful comes from my mother, she ask me to find some guy to be my bf.
4)My bestfriend(also my rival maybe) said that someone is beautiful when she got no acnes on her face.
Hurts.

#1918 Lynn8808

Lynn8808

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, psychology, behavioral science, volunteering. Mainly, obtaining clear skin.

Achievements

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

"You think by wearing all that makeup, you're going to cover up your disgusting acne"

It still upsets me.

#1919 LookWhatYouDid

LookWhatYouDid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

Last week I went grocery shopping and bought chocolate among other things. At the check-out, a woman behind me loudly proclaimed that *SHE* wouldn't eat chocolate if she had a face like mine.

Yeah, because that is the cause of acne.. Chocolate..

Edited by LookWhatYouDid, 09 September 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#1920 DmitriY

DmitriY

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

-It really irks me when someone is talking to me, sees the scars on my face and starts scratching their faces on the same places where my scars are most visible. 

-My dear grandmother ~ god bless her, she's in her 80's and she would always say nonchalantly "your face is clear now." It really makes me not want to visit her sometimes. I just don't want to hear people discuss my face publicly. 

-What my cousin said to his sister, "don't pick your pimple, or you'll look like Dmitri". 

-in school, some professor would always bring up this question, "are you comfortable in your own skin?" and the some girls in the class would turn to look at me. 

I tried to not care about what people say but it really adds up over time and takes a toll on you. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users