• Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 56
About Me
  • Interests:You, and you alone.

Posted 10 August 2003 - 06:53 PM

"Looks like someone threw crap at you through a screen door!"
"Can I play connect the dots on your face?"

Boring story:
I was waiting in the deli of a supermarket, when I start overhearing some people.
"Oh my goodness, he looks horrible. How could he go out like that?"
"He is probably like only 14." Note. I was 18 at the time, I look young.
"I wouldn't let him date my daughter."
They said some more things like that, then...
"I have to stop looking at him, or I will throw up."
I was about to walk right up to them, then...
"Why can't he dress like that nice boy in the red shirt." I was wearing the red shirt. They were talking about a kid in the food court dressed like a punk, complete with green hair. I was so self conscious I thought they were talking about me, damn acne.
Horses should not wear puffy pants.

• Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 11 August 2003 - 09:23 PM

god people can be so ignorant, that makes me angry that anyone would say "you need to wash your face".. i guess some people dont really understand the impact of what they say..

i remember when i was on retin a micro a girl asked me if i had a bad sunburn or something, cause my face was peely ..

and yea, i alsso remember this guy asking me why my face was so dry and flaky.. yea he even said "flaky".. (it was cause i would put a lotta meds on my face to try to clear it).. and one of my girlfriends looked at me and said something about how i shouldnt wear that amount of makeup cause it causes breakouts.. yea i wanted to die, esp when that guy said that to me.. but those days are pretty much over for me.. cause now im cleared from bp and b5.

#43 hiddenbeauty

hiddenbeauty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2003 - 05:26 PM

It's comments like this that make people wanna stay hidden away somewhere. I know you shouldn't care what people say but it does hurt its not like their talking about your shirt or car something like that, their talking about your face what people see first when they see you, what people think of first when they say your name. How could that not affect someone?? Whoever said stick and stones may break your bones etc. obvioulsy never had ACNE!!! :roll:
A=aggravating C=crappy N=nasty E=evil
A=alone C=confided N=no life E=embarrassed
**Who is that girl I see staring straight back at me when will my reflection show who I am inside**

• Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 15 August 2003 - 03:55 AM

"What happened to you??? You used to be having so clear skin that I used to feel jealous."

"You see I told you not to press your pimples..There are so many red marks and holes on your face already."

#45 Stevo Mac

Stevo Mac

Senior Contributor

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me
  • Interests:i lik to paint prety pictres, and go fr long wolks in the parc.

Posted 15 August 2003 - 11:39 AM

Yeah, its more the look on someone's face who hasn't seen you for a while. The startled look, followed by their inability to look you in the eye.

#46 mariahsloverboy

mariahsloverboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2003 - 08:51 PM

I've had so many comments...I quit my part-time job because I couldnt take it anymore.

The WORST is when you know someone is thinking something about how bad your acne is while you talk to them. You just get this feeling thats hard to describe

comments while working at a register in a supermarket:

"You should see a derm about your acne" (I have for the last half year bitch)

"Daddy, whats wrong with that boys face?"

comments from 'friends' and family:

"Hahah your face looks like a tomato" (from the roaccutane which causes the flushing)

"oooh your skin looks really bad, you poor thing"

"hey ACNE" (this was the worst, being named after this disease as if I was defined by it :D )

(from ignorant greek grandparents) : "Whats these mosquito bites on your face?"

and of course lots of people making suggestions to wash your face.

I just dont get what gives these people the urge to say something, like just shut up you bastards.

#47 plateaukid

plateaukid

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2003 - 12:42 AM

Someone back in the 8th grade on the school bus said that if I were to have kids later down the road, their face would come out looking like mine. But most of what I get these days are looks, not comments(it still bothers ya, of course).

#48 CurlyRB

CurlyRB

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:reading, outdoors, friends

Posted 18 August 2003 - 07:49 PM

Not only do I have zits on my face, but I also have a hereditary condition where the hair won't grow properly out of the hair folicles on my arms and legs. Something keriotosis? Many people have it, but my case is quite intense, very visible. Anyway, I've tried everything under the sun with no relief. every year that I've been in school since 6th grade, some mean girl has always said, "Eww...what's all over your legs?" Insert a "Yo mamma" joke as a reply. I love winter because I can wear pants and long sleeves without looking like an idiot.

#49 mz_minnie

mz_minnie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2003 - 03:22 AM

Then, this girl I talk with I met at my church... she is always nagging me about my left over scars & it irritates me....  I think she really likes me if my scars go away because she is always talking about how cute & fine I would be if my scars go away. The most embarrassing thing that happened was I was in teen ministry with a bunch of teens & here she comes with Cocoa Butter..... She says... I thought you needed some for your face so I bought you some. I didn't know whether to say thanks or slap her!She was all loud & everyone heard & they started giggling!! :D 

This girl is either incredibly stupid and tactless or incredibly meanspirited. I suspect it's the latter, because no one could possibly be that dumb.

#50 fakeplasticskin

fakeplasticskin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2003 - 09:50 AM

Man people are fucking mean, sometimes i wish they could climb inside my body and walk around being me feeling everything i feel for a day, I'll guarantee you those fucks will never look at another person with acne the same again, fucking assholes, makes me mad, i don't go around saying to people, damn you got a big fucking nose, because i know they have no control over it.

#51 boi2004

boi2004

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2003 - 03:31 PM

"damn YOU LOOK FUCKED" my friend said that to me....i almost kick his ass for that but it seem wierd to beat him up in front of the whole school because he make fun of my acne.....so i dint say nothing

#52 Pete

Pete

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Metal/Rock music, drawing, painting

Posted 21 August 2003 - 03:42 PM

oh I beat up a friend of a friend in tesco cosmetics isle cause he pointed out I should buy some soap for my disgusting face...

also beat up a friend cause he thought I'd be funny to say he'd buy me some clearasil for christmas :D

#53 747ben

747ben

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2003 - 03:45 PM

I remember in my early 20's I already had a lot of scarring. This older guy, a friend of my dads, started talking to me about my acne. I told him I was taking medication for acne. He said: "But you know, don't you, those
scars will NEVER GO AWAY! All the medicine WON'T take the scars away!"

Gee, thanks asshole for reminding me.

#54 UnknownSoldier

UnknownSoldier

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2003 - 03:14 AM

I'm starting this thread so people can put down what the meanist thing that was said to them concerning there acne. Here is a few of mine.

"You drink beer huh? That's why you got so many pimples"

"You look like a pizza" That is definatley a personal favorite

"Whats wrong with your face"

Do you take steriods?
Well, they say that because I'm semi-built and people who take steriods gain alot of acne sometimes on body parts

#55 SCAR

SCAR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2003 - 09:00 AM

lets invent a needle shot that gives the person acne
we can inject them then they'll know how it feels like to have bad acne

haha

#56 rez

rez

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2003 - 04:15 PM

unknown soldier man i know what your saying. I am built as well and people think im a steriod freak i hate it.

#57 LostSoul

LostSoul

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2003 - 10:15 AM

wow..i feel a lot better knowing im not the only 1...people used to call me mole face, crater face...and the worst..."it looks like ur face got shot with a shotgun"...and emabrassing is when a lil kid at a family bbq goes..."u got big red pimples on ur face"...i feel just like hanging myself...

#58 judged

judged

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:cheerleading

Posted 01 September 2003 - 08:04 PM

No matter what, everyone will notice acne. I've excepted that. I've heard it all. This is my 5th year suffering from acne. I've heard I'm not eating the right foods, I'm not washing my face, and I've heard that I'm just plain dirty. And a few years ago a guy asked me if i smoked alot of drugs because my face looks sunk in from all the scars.

However, I can't let anyone kno that it bothers me, even tho i often cry at night because i feel like a monster or i just wish that I could be normal. Feeling sorry for yourself will not make you feel better. Even though i have absolutly no self confidence, I walk with my head held high and laugh at narrow-minded comments which people are going to always make, no matter who you are. I just try not to let it bother me too much even though it hurts my feelings so much. I'll think that, if i didnt have acne, i would be more atractive. I say fuck society! Who are they to say whats acceptable in a person and what is not! I may have acne, but I'm the same person, with or without. Just sometimes i feel jipped. When i was younger (before acne) i was always told that i could be a model someday. I think im still pretty, but i can't seem to look past the redness and the scars. my friends often tell me that they're jealous of my looks, but how could I believe them? And my boyfriend always gets mad at me because whenever he tells me that I'm beautiful, I look away and don't believe him. I just want self esteem.

#59 tornado

tornado

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2003 - 11:44 PM

after not meeting for some time, my buddy looked on at me with that 'what the **** happened to you' look, then he started asking me LOUDLY: what happened? Don't eat too much fried food! why didn't you come to class for so long? Is it because of your pimples? I felt like giving him a punch in the face, strangle him and kick him down the building
Kids asked me what happened to my face.
i was trying to avoid the sun because i had medicine on my face and my doc say to shy away from the sun, then one my friends told me why don't I wear a cap, i will look BETTER that way...
At those relative gatherings, my mum started discussing with my relatives on ways to get rid of acne(ok this is mean i felt like shouting at her, stop it!!! stop talking about my face in front of so many people, i was gonna burst out crying) :)

#60 fakeplasticskin

fakeplasticskin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2003 - 08:05 AM

Damn..that was really foul.. ](*,)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users