Photo

Take the 48 Hour NO-PICKING Challenge!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#61 LionQueen

LionQueen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE(mhssunrise @ Feb 13 2006, 11:16 AM) View Post

Check out my gallery guys! These are my results. I am definitely seeing improvement.

You sure are -- that should inspire you to keep going! Congratulations ...

#62 lb612

lb612

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:52 PM

Count me in! I'm usually pretty good about not picking except for when I get out of the shower at night and think I can make my face look better by picking at it. I know it won't look better, but for some reason I'm convinced that squeezing and picking at zits will help. Good idea for the challenge...this should be interesting!

#63 nick_04

nick_04

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2006 - 02:36 PM

Ok, im going to start from......now! I just picked before i started, so this is good becuase i have a reason not to!

#64 Willow3

Willow3

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2006 - 07:23 AM

It's working! My back is definitely looking clearer. My face isn't really yet...but my body acne bothers me more, so that is what I'm really focussing ob clearing. I did my firts 24 hours, of my second challenge successfully!

#65 BabyMakeItNice

BabyMakeItNice

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 17 February 2006 - 07:52 PM

Gonna go the whole weekend without picking this weekend, hopefully!! We're supposed to get an ice storm so I won't be going anywhere until Monday at the earliest.

#66 Elsewhere

Elsewhere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2006 - 07:54 PM

mhsunrise - DEFINATE improvement in your gallery! That's awesome!

#67 kittenkaboodle

kittenkaboodle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:10 PM

I'm starting this challenge....RIGHT NOW!! I had a serious picking problem a few months ago, and pretty much years prior, and stopped when I didn't get that many new breakouts. I used to make a small whitehead turn into a huge, pulsating cyst. I know a lot of what happened to my skin was my own fault. No more.

Also, I've been around people a lot lately, and I never pick then because of bleeding/oozing possibilities. Well, I've been picking the last few days, and a couple of spots got really nasty. One tiny whitehead has turned into a scab-thing.

I'M DOING THE 48-HOUR NO-PICK CHALLENGE!!!

#68 Willow3

Willow3

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:32 AM

Okay, I failed second 24 hours of the no picking challenge, but I only removed blsckheads on my nose and back that were alrealdy almost out, so really no squeezing. I didn't touch anything else.

I really have touching my back and chest under control. My skin there is clearing up really well, this challenge has made a huge difference! I went out last night to a bar wearing a tank top, and felt totally confident! YEAH! I still had acouple of really small pimples, and a few red marks, but those don't matter, no ones skin is perfect. I just want to be at the point where people don't ask what 'happeded' to my back and chest. That was my goal with clearing up my skin, to be able to wear all my clothes.

#69 blonde-x-with-x-brains

blonde-x-with-x-brains

jennifer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2006 - 01:23 PM

im hopeless!! i mean i dont even realise im touching my face and back until ive picked it and im kicking myself in

#70 QueenAmy

QueenAmy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:08 PM

QueenH- I LOVED your story about the sink. I can relate. I almost had the sink in my old apartment fall out of the wall from hours of heavy leaning and picking, but luckily I stopped leaning on it before it came crashing down. It was forever loose after that!
Foomph- You are hilarious! I love your posts.
OK- so as the QUEEN picker, I have tried the challenge 'informally'. I realise now that I have absolutely no control over my hands as they maneuver themselves over every inch of my face feeling for anything that is pickable. I have no control over my eyes as they stare in the mirror at any thing even resembling a blackhead or pimple. I am ashamed to admit that I've even picked a freckle thinking it was a zit, and I've even picked a piece of fluff that somehow got on my face!! Oh, boy, that's embarassing!
At any rate, since the BP is working well for me, I have decided to try the no-picking challenge, starting... soon. I have to pick one on my chin tonight- there's a head. OK, Friday and Saturday, I'm in!!!
I am so glad to not be alone in this! Thanks guys!

#71 mhssunrise

mhssunrise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:39 AM

I haven't been doing so well either cry.gif . My skin looks better than it did in my "before" pictures, but worse than my "after" pictures.

pms and midterm week will drive people to do that, i guess. spring break is this week, so hopefully that will be a nice rest. in the meantime, i am going to see a plastic surgeon's office about my options for reducing the red marks that will not go away.

#72 corrine_1980

corrine_1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:45 AM

I am on this challenge as well.
So tired of having big nasty red pimples because of picking...

Did you guys actually pick out those pimples that is coming out accidentally (eg. when you wash your face).

Currently even with a very gentle gesture sometimes my pimples(with white puss inside) is bleeding.
I have no choice but to push it out..
Yay,, very scary.. and in the end it leaves more scarr..
Gosh

#73 hunnybee

hunnybee

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2006 - 12:28 PM

Alright, I'm in on it now, too. I was doing really well for the past couple of weeks, no picking at all. But, 2 days ago I saw that all of the blackheads on my nose looked bigger, and darker... so I squeezed them out, as gently as I could. Of course I thought "since its not a closed commodone, I wont be breaking or damaging any skin to get it out, right?" WRONG! Just b/c its open (no skin covering it) doesnt freaking mean it doesnt do any damage. Im such a dummy. Of course, I must have damaged the tiny capillaries under the skin on my nose b/c here I am, 2 days later, and Im still left with obvoius, tell-tale redmarks. And my monthly follow up with my derm is on Monday, so he will know I was picking! Im in trouble! So... here goes nothing! 48 hours to go (and hopefully thats only the beginning!)

#74 meg0103

meg0103

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

I also suffer hugely from this! I have done for around 4 years. I have lost count of the amount of times I've tried and failed at self-controlling methods to prevent picking. This is the first step I've taken to truly admitting I have a problem and doing something about it. So I am definitely up for the 48 Hour NO-PICKING Challenge!

#75 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

Woah, this is a pretty old thread. I remember finding it back in 2010...ish (I wasn't a member then) and I haven't picked since. I kind of have a phobia of touching my face at all now and anyone else for that matter.

I still get acne, but not picking sure did help a lot. I was covered in whiteheads before I stopped popping...now I'm always around 95% - 99% clear.

I urge everyone with acne to take this challenge. 

Edited by LewisS, 30 April 2013 - 08:53 AM.