Photo

Take the 48 Hour NO-PICKING Challenge!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#41 Giannina

Giannina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:40 PM

It's been more than 2 days..... I passed the test!!, my face is looking better...... I'm going to start the test again!!!!

#42 sleepflower

sleepflower

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:14 PM

I could shut myself up for the weekend and do this... so no matter what hideous things sprout up, I can leave them alone. I guess I'm in, starting at 5:12 PM Feb. 10 (according to my watch). No picking, just light scratching if I really need to...

(And I can certainly sympathize with anyone who has picking binges -- sometimes I just go nuts and start picking a dozen different spots for no good reason)

#43 McCleevage

McCleevage

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:21 PM

Does it really make that big of a difference? I might have to try it out!
My derm told me to take 3 pills a day, im on 40mg, how many other people are doing this it sounds kinda weird.

#44 Willow3

Willow3

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:19 AM

I'm in, thanks Queen for letting me know about this! Perfect timing, I actually just started a NO PICKING log in the personal regime section. It is 8:17 Saturday morning, so I need to go until Monday morning with no picking, and no touching my face!

I need to watch my weak points, always when I get out of the shower or wash my face.

A tip, reduce the number of mirrors, if you can't see you are less likley to pick!

#45 kj1982

kj1982

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:44 AM

i failed, i cannot do this no picking challenge, im useless at it. but i am going to try again nevertheless

#46 sleepflower

sleepflower

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:56 PM

I made it all day yesterday and now today... but when I was eating, I felt something wettish on my face... one of them broke open (from opening my mouth too wide, I guess). Sick. Now imagine if that had happened if I was talking to someone... ugh.

It was one that I said "Okay, I'll just let the bp dry it up and let it fall off naturally." Still, I got it cleaned up, didn't pick at it or anything.

#47 Giannina

Giannina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:09 PM

I just failed the challenge!!!!!! I couldn't resist it and failed miserably

#48 accutaner

accutaner

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:20 PM

I have not picked or scrathed or anything. In the shower I rubbed my face more than usual but it was gently with soap. My face looks WORSE THAN EVER!!! I am going to see what happens between now and tomorrow night and then I'll decide on whether to continue or not....

My face is so disgusting right now. But I really want to see if it improves after about a week without picking. Because everytime i pop my zits they heal pretty quick it's jus tht I break out a lot after picking at my face so maybe if i stop my face will just break out and heal at a regular rate and after that not as many breakouts???/ I can only hope.

okay ..... Try it and keep at it!! It should work I guess. ...... someone please stick with it for longer than 48hrs.... please....

#49 LionQueen

LionQueen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE(Giannina @ Feb 11 2006, 12:09 PM) View Post

I just failed the challenge!!!!!! I couldn't resist it and failed miserably

It's so hard! But you can always try again ... it's a new day.

Q

#50 Foomph

Foomph

Fitness Goo Roo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:22 PM

I made it past 48 hours! But, it was kinda easy for me now as I have no active zits, though one small scab. The real challenge will be at "that time of the month" if I get a cyst or zit r something.

are there any more good stories out there?

Okay, here's one. So-I was about 24 years old, at work. I work in a corporate fitness center. This was before accutane when I was getting MAJOR cysts. I was bored, and had about 30 minutes until my next appointment. eusa_whistle.gif

I went to the bathroom (it's usually empty as it's the one right besiode the fitness center and nobody ever goes there) so i usually have it all to myself, so I had no fear of that. So, under fluorescent light (always makes things look worse) I started on my chin cyst. It was MAJOR. And SOOOOOOOO painful, but I could feel the head right under the skin and it had been there for weeks and I just wanted it gone. So I strted in on it. You know how it starts to consume you? How you don't see anything else but that square inch of skin until it's too late? Well that was me. eusa_doh.gif

So I went at it and it FINALLY POPPED! Like ALL over the mirror (so fucking disgusting) eusa_sick.gif But it was SUCH a release (that was my one and only cysts that actually came to a head so Iit could be popped). So anyway, IT LEFT A HOLE IN MY CHIN. That's right, a HOLE! I could practically see my chin bone and I'm not exaggerating. So now I had about 10 minutes until my next appintment, with a bloody (literally) hole in my chin that would NOT stop bleeding and leaking. The skin surrounding it was all red, my eyes were blood shot from watering b/c it was so painful, and it was uncoverable with makeup a) b/c it would not stop leakin, b) b/c it was a HOLE. It seriously needed packing.

Anyway-i had to go an do my appontment with a leaky chin hole trying to spoeak while covering my chin with my hand....as if he didn't notice.

I still have the white scar to this day, and it was after that that I started accutane.

One more story:

Part 1: Same company, a bit later as I had already started accutane. I had a huge infected cysts under my eye (high cheek area) and a lady that I know quite well thought I had an eye infection b/c it was so swollen my eye was swelling shut, it was leaky, red, etc. I had to tell her that, no, it was a cyst. She felt so bad for me (SUCH a nice lady wub.gif ) that she drove me to the clinic after work (I had no car at the time). She knew it was infected and insisted I go. So I went. Sure enough, I had to take antibiotics.

Part 2: So i go in to see the Doc, and he must have been oh, say 28 or 30...really young. He took a look and didn't beleive me that it was a cyst. He tyhought it must be allergies, or a cold/flu b/c my eye was so infected/. Then he pressed on it (friggin' hurt!!) to see if my sinuses were infected-after I TOLD him I wans't sick and it wa sa CYST! So finally I told him that I was sure it was a cyst b/c I'm on accutane and I know what they feel like, etc.

He said, "How old are you", I said "25", and he replied, "AREN'T YOU A LITTLE OLD TO BE ON ACCUTANE?". No shit Sherlock!? Of COURSE I'm tool old to be on it, but I'm also too old for this GODDAMED CYSTIC ACNE. At which point I teared up and had to bite my tongue. I was so upset. He made me feel like such crap, I'm tearing up now even remembering it. It was definately a low point in my life. And then I had to take the train the rest of the way home and couldn't hold it any longer and started crying...bah! cry.gif

Anyway-those are two of my worst stories...

#51 NoIDon'tHaveTheChickenPox

NoIDon'tHaveTheChickenPox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2006 - 09:12 PM

Thanks for sharing...I can't tell you how glad I am to know I am not alone! I will share my favorites too when I have a sec.

Here's a hug...the one you should have gotten at the drs office (sinuses...shit what an idiot!)

JUST A NOTE: IF YOU ARE HAVING A HARD TIME WITH 48 HOURS...Check out the new topic that challenges you to just 6 hours...way more reasonable??

#52 BabyMakeItNice

BabyMakeItNice

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2006 - 11:42 PM

Well I read this thread Thursday night and I wanted to start it then, but then Friday morning I had to pick a scab off of one spot because it was bad and I knew I wasn't going to walk around at school with it on my face because I'm the president of FBLA and had to hand out computer fun matches that day. Most of my teachers decided to assign a massive ammount of homework over the weekend so I've been absorbed in that so I just decided that I would not go out and do anything recreational this weekend because I didn't want to do anything besides my normal regimen of washing, nightly asprin mask, and ocassional spot treat (no picking). So far, so good! As long as nothing comes up tomorrow I'll go through Monday morning (with hopefully nothing to pick at then). I turned down two chances to go to the movies this weekend to help take part in this, and I my acne is very mild but it gets me down (even though my friends have it to, some worse than mine).
Good luck to everyone else on this challenge!! The results will be worth it!!

#53 Willow3

Willow3

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:54 AM

24 hour update. I caught myself running my hand over my back in the shower, and stopped my self. I scratched an itch on my back, and caught my fingers hesitating over a spot, but stopped myself. I popped one pimple last night, but I sat there and though about it carefully. I just broke out with about 6 new pimples, left 5 alone, but i dedcided that this one was bulging right at the suface and would probably go away faster. Was this cheating? I don't know, but I am happy with my progress, and the fact that I considered it, made a decision, and left 5 others alone is a good thing. 24 to go! I like this challenge!

#54 blonde-x-with-x-brains

blonde-x-with-x-brains

jennifer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:59 AM

im in, done half a day... only popped on on my shoulder accidentally? ok i lied, but i only dun that one, i will use my will power from now on, i just have to find it first, you know where it'll be!?!
il get it my watching the OC seeingMischa barton and everyone all pretty thin and clear ski,n that'll have me not picking for ages, and not eating bad foods! Reccoment it to anyone! lol

#55 LionQueen

LionQueen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2006 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE(livixlovesxyou @ Feb 12 2006, 05:59 AM) View Post

i will use my will power from now on, i just have to find it first, you know where it'll be!?!
il get it my watching the OC seeingMischa barton and everyone all pretty thin and clear ski,n that'll have me not picking for ages, and not eating bad foods! Reccoment it to anyone! lol

How funny. I do exactly the same thing with Sex and the City (those gals are more in my age bracket). They inspire me to eat right, exercise, take my vitamins, and spend one hell of a lot of money on shoes. I just adore that show, my husband is less enraptured (he's not into shoes) ...

So ANYWAY -- I've made it thru my second 48-hour challenge and I'm starting another one this morning. Here are my own personal rules:

-- If I have to touch my itchy face, I use a tissue (I am keeping tissues everywhere! purse, car, desk, etc)
-- If a pimple comes to a head, I am allowed to gently drain it. I do not have to walk around with blobs of pus on my face all day. I have my pride.
-- If I have a LOOSE flake of skin on my face, I am allowed to get it off with the tweezers. I am not allowed to go anywhere near a healing spot or scab except to dab concealer on it.
-- I am strictly forbidden to touch bumps, squeeze pores, or otherwise injure the surface of my skin. If my pores start filling up, I will go get a facial and let somebody else have all the fun of squeezing them.
-- I will only look in my magnifying mirror (aka THE PICKING ZONE) twice a day. The world does not see me through 10x magnification. And thank god for that.

Q

#56 sleepflower

sleepflower

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:22 PM

Oh my God foomph, I'm sorry... and I thought I had it bad.

I lightly scratched off one that was about to fall off, the bp did its job and I didn't feel like having a dried pus bit clinging on for dear life for another day.

#57 Elsewhere

Elsewhere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:28 PM

I've made it. Skin looks better! It's funny - it's easier not to pick when I say to myself "Remember that 48 hour challenge!" smile.gif

#58 insomnia!

insomnia!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:32 PM

Hi I'm Sophie and I have a picking problem. Oh the shame it's true *bursts into tears*

ok well, im a teenager with acne and not picking is SO hard but im gonna do it, i know i can =)

#59 Willow3

Willow3

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE(livixlovesxyou @ Feb 12 2006, 08:59 AM) View Post

im in, done half a day... only popped on on my shoulder accidentally? ok i lied, but i only dun that one, i will use my will power from now on, i just have to find it first, you know where it'll be!?!

Congrats! I like your idea of rules. I agree that it is okay to carefully removing a pimple that has gone to head beacuse you can do this with minimal touching, and without damaging the surrounding skin.

I finished my first 48 hour challenge! I popped one large pussy pimple, everything was right at the surface. I causght my fingers lingering over spots after a scratch a couple of times, and twice did one exctra scratch, but lightly, didn't cause any damage or remove anything from my skin.

My second 48 hour challenge starts now! This time my goal is not to even let my fingers touch my face at all except to scratch an itch.

Good luck everyone!

#60 mhssunrise

mhssunrise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:16 PM

Check out my gallery guys! These are my results. I am definitely seeing improvement.