Photo

Take the 48 Hour NO-PICKING Challenge!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#1 NoIDon'tHaveTheChickenPox

NoIDon'tHaveTheChickenPox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 07 February 2006 - 11:24 PM

Take the no-picking, no popping, no-touching challenge! You will be amazed how much better your face looks after only 24 hours of not touching your face. Are you in? Are you ready to prove it to yourself just how much you want a clear face? This, for some of us, will be almost impossible, but it CAN BE DONE!!!!! It really does work.

Pledge now to start the challenge. You CAN stop this destructive habit. Let us know if you are in and be sure to us and tell us how you did!

Good luck!

#2 hi everyone

hi everyone

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:36 AM

hahaha I woke up this morning and went to the mirror...Saw a nice whitehead to pop...then I was like wait I have to do the 48 hour challenge thing...So I didn't pop it!!! But now I get to go to school with this, ha...Oh well i'm sure my face won't be any more nasty then it already is...

#3 Elsewhere

Elsewhere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:44 AM

Count me in, although I already know how much it really helps. I went on a picking binge last week and am STILL paying the price.

48 hours, here we go.

#4 AmberLynn

AmberLynn

You know I would, if I could. I'll do anything spontaneously

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 25
About Me

Posted 08 February 2006 - 10:42 AM

I'm in!! biggrin.gif

#5 betty cherry

betty cherry

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:00 AM

Yeah count me in too! I keep trying to do this myself (go without picking) but I always cave in the end when I see a big head! But if you lot are with me, I reckon I can make it...

BC xxx

#6 MMarr

MMarr

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:36 PM

sounds like fun. im in starting now! lol, so i started at 4:30pm atlantic time

#7 TennesseeGrl

TennesseeGrl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 101
About Me

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:06 PM

Dude... if only we could get the whole freakin world in on this. We could all smack each other any time we saw ANYONE touching their face. It would be beautiful! And so would our faces.

Well, OUR faces are going to look good. Maybe not everyone else's... wink.gif

#8 downthestreet

downthestreet

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:34 PM

yea the thing is i never really do pick anything.....and i havent since ive been on the tane for almost 3 months it does make a huge difference i guess but i never did so i dunno

#9 iSelfconciousness

iSelfconciousness

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:53 PM

What about my nose? It has so much fucking sebum it's not even funny. I must drain it like every morning.

#10 hi everyone

hi everyone

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:14 PM

bad news guys...I have to go out to dinner with some family members because it's my uncles bday! I can't go out with this monster on my bottom right cheek... I have to leave in approximately 3 minutes and I put some aspirin on the white head which will hopefully kill it... I put it on like 5 min ago... But if it's not gone it might have to be popped...but it's one of those ones that is purging...If I barely rub it I think it will explode, ha...nasty, sorry

#11 Giannina

Giannina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:21 PM

I'm in too...

#12 .annelovesyou.

.annelovesyou.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:26 PM

ok..at first i was like ehhhhhhhh i don't know about 48 hours but since I've gone this whole day without touching my face i think i can take 1 more day..
therefore i raise my hand and say "count me in"

#13 hi everyone

hi everyone

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:40 PM

count me out...I usually dont get whiteheads but more raised little bumps so I dont have to pick...but I popped that one whitehead I had sad.gif
ha

#14 LionQueen

LionQueen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 08 February 2006 - 09:03 PM

I'm in. I think I am just starting to realize how bad a problem my picking has been all these years.

I have a link to share with you all ... maybe you've seen this already?

stop self injurious skin picking

Gotta warn you, there's a lot of information there, and no way can you take it all in at once. Just bookmark the site and stop by when you can to help you keep on track. Also, I have to say, there was some questionable skin science. But overall, there's a lot of good stuff on there. For me, the stories from chronic pickers REALLY hit home ... as in, Oh. My. God. I have a real problem here.

In the interests of recovery (I think this is Step 4?) I am going to share my (least) favorite little skin picking story.

This was my senior year in college. I came back to the row house around 2 AM, fairly drunk and incredibly frustrated. See, I'd gone to a party at the Deke house that night to hook up with my very, very favorite hookup (whom I hoped might be more than a hookup someday). But at the very end of the party, he said he was TOO TIRED and had to get up early, and he was going to bed. Alone.

So then I knew ... he just wasn't that into me (so to speak). So I came home, alone, and went straight into the bathroom to pick my face. It was nice having the whole bathroom all to myself, no one barging in on my little pickfest. But I got tired standing in front of the sink, leaning in toward the mirror, so I sat on the sink. And picked. And sat. And picked. And sat. For about an hour.

And then CRASH, the sink fell off the wall and shattered into about ten million pieces.

And icy cold water sprayed all over the whole fucking room.

And the RA and about 10 other people came racing in half-dressed, and there I was soaked and half-drunk with my oozing face giving the whole damn story away.

"I was just leaning on it and it gave way ... " yeah, right ...

I am red with shame just remembering. And that was 20 years ago.

Q

#15 dangermouse

dangermouse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 39
About Me

Posted 08 February 2006 - 09:22 PM

I don't really have a problem with picking, but if anyone does and you really wanna stop, I suggest you do a google search for 'scarring' or whatever, print out a picture and blu-tack it up by your mirror. Then, every time you're tempted to faff around with your face, it'll serve as a reminder of the fact that you risk permanent scarring. Should serve as an effective deterrent! Or you could just not pick wink.gif

BTW, very funny story Queen!

#16 RainyDayAndrea

RainyDayAndrea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:09 PM

No Touching? I think I can not pick if I really try but I started accutane a week ago and my face just started getting itchy. Like I feel little itchy tingles all the time so I have to gently scratch the itch. Also I have homework and I always rest my face on my hand. But I will try...I'll do anything to make myself better ASAP. Plus, I can not resist a challenge!
Let the games begin...
Andrea<3

#17 Touch_Yourself

Touch_Yourself

Say it! ARRRRRRRrrrrrr!!!!

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:11 PM

I stopped picking along time ago, ever since accutane ,temporarily, showed me the results I could achieve.

#18 accutaner

accutaner

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:15 AM

Is it too late to count me in too? I am going to start now. I usually pop all o fmy ready-to-pop zits at night before my shower and wash off all the nasty stuff. It's a HORRIBLE habit. I am aout to workout and shower afterwards, i promise I wont pick at my face! it's someting I've been trying to do for a while now. I give in every night though, and I seriously thing it's the root of my problem. I think that when I pop one zit, the skin around it breaks out in multiple nodules and pustules. Thank you so much for starting this thread!!! I know i can abstain from picking If I have somewhere to share my thoughts.

so I wont pick tonight, and I'll let y'all know what happens.

-jay

#19 Foomph

Foomph

Fitness Goo Roo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 09 February 2006 - 02:23 AM

I started tonight!

#20 screw_acne

screw_acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:37 AM

add me in, if it itches abit i still cant touch??