Photo

Why does medical studies always contradicts...?

studies

3 replies to this topic

#1 holelyface

holelyface

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:03 AM

Check this out.

http://www.kidsource....acne.news.html

Just wonder why does all these studies seems to contradicts to what our practical results are.

#2 kkhajavi

kkhajavi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2006 - 10:44 PM

Because these bastard doctors (especially cosmetic surgeons and cosmetic dermatologists), bastard pharmaceutical companies, and bastard laser companies fund these studies and are obviously incentivized to stretch the truth

All this crap is a scam.........

#3 person23

person23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 08 February 2006 - 09:13 AM

Everybody and his/her dog can buy a laser and start treating acne scars. There are (alot) people with reasonable results from lasers, but it has to be done professionally by an experienced doctor.
And never forget: I satisfied customer tells 3 people, but an unsatisfied customer informs at least 10 people of his misfortune.

And then there are people with unrealistic expectations. Alot of acne scaring can´t (yet) be reduced completly. But if you watch recent movies with acne scar sufferers like James Woods or Ray Liotta then it seems obvious to me that they had some pretty effective treatments for their scars.
It is just a question of time, money and finding a trustworthy derm/pc and you can expect some major improvements around 60%-90% depending on your case.
To get such improvements you will have to combine treatments of course.
Usually it is grafts/subcisions/excisions follwed by 1-3 resurfacings (CO2/dermabrasation) followed by fillers (fat, collagen, isolagen).

Of course not everbody has the time, patience and money to undergo 3 resurfacings and isolagen or fat injections. And not everybody considers 60% improvement worth the trouble and costs.

#4 PetPeeve

PetPeeve

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2006 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE(person23 @ Feb 8 2006, 10:13 AM) View Post

Everybody and his/her dog can buy a laser and start treating acne scars. There are (alot) people with reasonable results from lasers, but it has to be done professionally by an experienced doctor.
And never forget: I satisfied customer tells 3 people, but an unsatisfied customer informs at least 10 people of his misfortune.

And then there are people with unrealistic expectations. Alot of acne scaring can´t (yet) be reduced completly. But if you watch recent movies with acne scar sufferers like James Woods or Ray Liotta then it seems obvious to me that they had some pretty effective treatments for their scars.
It is just a question of time, money and finding a trustworthy derm/pc and you can expect some major improvements around 60%-90% depending on your case.
To get such improvements you will have to combine treatments of course.
Usually it is grafts/subcisions/excisions follwed by 1-3 resurfacings (CO2/dermabrasation) followed by fillers (fat, collagen, isolagen).

Of course not everbody has the time, patience and money to undergo 3 resurfacings and isolagen or fat injections. And not everybody considers 60% improvement worth the trouble and costs.

damn, damn, damn damn....

all of that just for a few fucking potholes! You can't understand how depressed I am right now. I was silently crying on my way home from school. For those who know me by my posts you'll know that I'm usually kind of mellow, but these past few days have hit me so hard I...

oh god....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users