Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much does Retin-A cost?

15 posts in this topic

My insurance does not cover it! and what can I buy over the counter that is similar?

There is nothing over the counter that comes anywhere close. Don't waste your money! Go to CanadaDrugs.com and order from them - it's about $20 or $30 for the same tube that costs $100 in the states. (btw, $20-30 is what an over the counter weak pseudo-retinA would cost at a drug store!)

My insurance does not cover it! and what can I buy over the counter that is similar?

Yeah, that's what I was going to suggest. Order it from some online Canadian or Mexican pharmacy. It's the same quality, just lower prices. :)

ok im ordering it from canada

but what are the different choices? what is the % that doctors prescribe usually????? also there is a choice of cream and gel.... which one do i get?

or wait, the prescription slip says exactly what it is, although I cannot read it.. right? They say i will need to fax the prescription to them anyways so should i let them handle it?

0.1% is the strongest one. If you haven't used it before you should probably use lower %.

I can't quite remember why, but I think cream is better than gel.

i've used both. the cream is way better. i paid $42 for a tube but i got a discount from my derm's office. i got tretinoin .05% 20g.

there is a light and it never goes out. --the smiths.

yes, they have to fill it according to the doc's specifications on the written prescription, so....if you want a different strength either have the pharmacy call him/her or get another prescription.

p.s. I am a TOTAL RetinA whore - I have every single strength, one of which I choose each night depending on my skin's mood; but I never go to bed without it!

yes, they have to fill it according to the doc's specifications on the written prescription, so....if you want a different strength either have the pharmacy call him/her or get another prescription.

p.s. I am a TOTAL RetinA whore - I have every single strength, one of which I choose each night depending on my skin's mood; but I never go to bed without it!

how much has it helped?

how much has it helped?

Yes, how much? And are you still drinking that toki stuff?

how much has it helped?

Yes, how much? And are you still drinking that toki stuff?

oh, hey guys! I wouldn't have seen you here had xaviar not bumped. Ummmm....I honestly don't know if it's helped with the scarring (it probably has lessened mine, not eliminated it); but I love how it makes my skin look and feel. It also keeps acne at bay and is a powerful anti-aging potion!

I was on the toki bandwagon for a month & I'm sorry to report that I saw no appreciable difference. Sometimes I thought I had, but then I remembered that I have a scar on my left leg so I began to gauge the results based on that - ZIP! It's too expensive to experiment with - $200 for a months supply (from the manufacturer) - I bought mine off ebay from a crooked dealer, so maybe it was expired and thus ineffectual, but I just don't think it works (on scars, that is; some think it makes your skin "softer"- BFD!).

do you guys think that using tazorac IN ADDITION TO RetinA might help? They are both vitamin A derivatives, but different somehow. Also, what about copper peptides with RetA?

Thanks for the reply butterflies. (BTW are you male or female?) ;)

I use Tazorac and cp serum at night. I've done it for about 2 months now. My skin seems to have gotten slightly smoother and plumper, but the scars are definitely still there. I don't expect wonderful results so quickly though. There've been a few posts here about the wonders of Taz, and I'm hoping I have as good results.

As for using Taz and Retin-A together, I'm really not sure.

I'm a girl butterfly. Which copper peptides do you use? (does your college start with a "y" - dreadful little town you're in, darling...)

I'm using the normal cp serum. I'm not convinced that the super cp serum is particularly "super" because it's just cp with a hydroxy acid, and I'm already using Tazorac. Now that you've mentioned using both Retin A and Taz, I might ask my derm about it. I think it was Shyana who said to alternate retinoids, because they probably have different effects on the skin.

A girl butterfly? Aww, I thought you might be a delightfully flamboyant boy butterfly. ;)

My godforsaken college starts with a P, and it's even worse than drubby old Y. It's been a loooooong dry spell... not that anyone needs to know.

I'm using the normal cp serum. I'm not convinced that the super cp serum is particularly "super" because it's just cp with a hydroxy acid, and I'm already using Tazorac. Now that you've mentioned using both Retin A and Taz, I might ask my derm about it. I think it was Shyana who said to alternate retinoids, because they probably have different effects on the skin.

A girl butterfly? Aww, I thought you might be a delightfully flamboyant boy butterfly. ;)

My godforsaken college starts with a P, and it's even worse than drubby old Y. It's been a loooooong dry spell... not that anyone needs to know.

Ha! I'm a Southerner - those precious and delightful boy butterflies learn their flamboyance, charm and wit from us, darlin' - BTW, you're on the WRONG end of this great country, my dear; for sheer eccentric exuberance and wildly bizarre texture of ordinary life, you've GOT to come down here! NEVER will you be bored - have you looked into Mardi Gras? You get to wear a mask, so acne and scars are no excuse for exempting yourself from the bacchanal...

got some copper peptides called Neova & ordered some normal & super cp serum; if they fail my face, I'll treat my feet. "Waste not, Want not!" Skipped to the derm's offc today for a Taz scrip & will start that experiment this Monday.....Have a fabulous weekend (if that's possible in your neck of the woods....).