Photo

My Smoothbeam Treatments!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1870 replies to this topic

#1 fromchicago

fromchicago

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2003 - 02:03 PM

I thought that I would use the opportunity of a new thread to specifically document my treatments with the smoothbeam. I went to Dr. Del Campo (nice guy, nice staff, great prices, etc, and qualified dermatologist) in the city of chicago.

My first treatment took about 10-15 minutes and was performed on a power setting of 12. It didn't really hurt bad, but felt like minor paper cuts. Afterward I had some red spots that got worse in the next 2 hours, but have recently seemed to disapear (after 24 hours). BTW, it hurt more an an active pimple that I have on my forehead (a sting).

No bandages or out-treatment care was nesisary what so ever.

I am looking forward to improvement with my shallow scars, and overall complextion, including consistent 1-2 pimple a day breakouts. The derm's assistant seemed relatively confident that I would improve, and said that improvements can range UP TO 90%. She said that it wouldn't ever be as smooth as eggshell though.

Thanks, FromChicago.

I would like to hear more stories regarding your experiences with the smoothbeam (i.e. Franky, Mary, Hello50, knice, etc..) It was your stories that pointed me in this direction! Encouragement is also helpful.

Please feel free to ask me more questions. I know that I'm new here, but want to be here for you guys, as you have been for me (I have been reading messages as guest.)

#2 jim1

jim1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2003 - 03:18 PM

How much does each session cost you?

THanks

#3 fromchicago

fromchicago

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2003 - 11:07 PM

Packages are available for cheaper.

$699 for three treaments if cash is paid, or 799 for credit card

Otherwise they are 270 ea cash / 300 Credit Card

There wernt sure if my insurance would cover it, So for the first one they sent a claim in for $790, and if they pick it up. Ill be cover for 2 additional treaments. If they dont pick it up, the DOC said the first one is Free on Them.

#4 MaryTheres

MaryTheres

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2003 - 07:48 AM

from chicago,

did your doctor give you any advice or recommendations as to what topicals you should or shouldn't use during the course of your smoothbeam treatments?

Thanks!
"We gain strength, courage and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

#5 fromchicago

fromchicago

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2003 - 12:24 PM

He said that I shoulnd't use anything but water for 24 hours, but then after that, anything (I assume) would be fine.

Im trying not to use anything harsh, just soap and toner.

BTW MARYTHERES, how is your treatment coming along, what percentage of improvement would you say that you have had?

#6 fromchicago

fromchicago

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2003 - 06:26 PM

*UPDATE* 08/06/03

It has been just over 12 days since my 1st smoothbeam treatment with Dr. Del Campo in Chicago. (Setting of Power 12)

I would have to say that I haven't or didn't have nearly as much "swelling" as hello50. I only had redspots for about 2 days. At 2days you could barely see faint pinkness of where the redspots were.

At 12 days, I would have to say that my skin feels smoother to the touch than it used to, and I am quite satisfied with the initial results.

I'm not 100% positive or anything(I look at myself everyday, so it's hard to tell), but I think my smaller large pore scars are starting to shrink or fade somewhat... and it my appear that the skin in the scarred areas of my scars is *Rising, and getting "smoother." It's only been 12 days...

I still get ocassional pimples and they are easier to deal with than before. Not has big and annoying. I currently have 2-3 active pimples (not big or cystic) on my face (not counting tiny ones, bumps, etc.) Im using %10 BP mixed with Olay moisturizer (1:3 ratio) to calm things down as well (at nite), I must say, and a toner with 2% SA. (2 times a day)...

I am scheduled for another treatment on Aug 17.

I hope this helps with smoothbeam questions. Feel free to ask me more...

#7 hello50

hello50

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2003 - 07:09 PM

NOTE TO AN UNDISCLOSED PERSON
YOU DO SEE RESULTS AFTER TWO WEEKS>

#8 scotty

scotty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2003 - 08:40 PM

Can you describe the actual procedure either here or on my "Attention Smoothbeamers" thread.

Thanks!

#9 fromchicago

fromchicago

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2003 - 09:03 PM

Yeah, it's really no big thing.

1 Hour prior to the event, you apply this numbing cream that costs like an additional $50 bucks, you can buy it from them or walgreens...

After the hour has gone by, the assistant helps you wash the paste off, and your face is really numb ( did you do this Hello50?)

I was told to lay down on this bench (just like the ones in all doctors' offices). The Doc put covers over my eyes. First they did* one side of my face (for about 8 minutes), and then the other for 8. This covered my whole face included chin and forehead.

* The utensil that they use looks like a bar code reader that emits the special light. It didn't hurt that bad at all for me (power of 12). Probably got a total of 50-100 shocks with the thing -- maybe less I don't know.

And that was it -- Not bad at all!! Anything else I can help you with? Any specific procedural questions?

#10 hello50

hello50

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2003 - 09:17 PM

she says i gota pay extra for the numbing agent
they dont carry it

#11 fromchicago

fromchicago

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2003 - 09:51 PM

You gotta get that shit!!!

I forget what it's called but you can get it at Walgreens. You need 50 grams per treatment...

#12 fromchicago

fromchicago

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:10 PM

And just think, if you were to get the cream, you could handle more of a strength, and your treatment would be more aggresive.

#13 scotty

scotty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:47 PM

You gotta get that shit!!!

I forget what it's called but you can get it at Walgreens.  You need 50 grams per treatment...

Hey - when you remember the name can you please post it.

I had a numbing cream put on about 20 minutes before my first treatment (on 12) and I thought it hurt pretty bad. :)({|=

Maybe I need some of your stuff. :)

#14 jjp007

jjp007

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2003 - 12:51 AM

some people see results after two weeks others don't. Like I have said I have pretty badly scarred skin so it took a lot longer for me to see results. I too am older then a lot of you here :)$ Every treatments effects everyone differently.
The numbing agent I use is called ELA-Max 5 it is Lidocaine 5%. I could never do my treatments without this stuff to numb my face!! [-X And it is still quite a bit uncomfortable even with the numbing agent but then again I am having three lasers treatments done at once =D>
Good luck from Chicago with continued improvement!!! :)

#15 fromchicago

fromchicago

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2003 - 01:35 AM

Yeah that's the stuff! (mentioned in above post , lidocaine) I version I used was the 4% though. I would highly recommend this to you hello50 becasue then you can up to 12 or 13 (more aggressive, more for your money, etc). I started on 12! But you are having good results anyway.

#16 hello50

hello50

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2003 - 10:45 AM

she not allowed to do 12 or anything
becuase my skin turns severely red
she says they are not allowed to do that
so im stuck on my low levels
lol

#17 fromchicago

fromchicago

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2003 - 12:27 PM

BTW, i woke up on this 13th day, and I *think* I am seeing improvement -- or it's just a really good morning.

Does anyone know why faces look better in the morning?!@?

#18 dvh

dvh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2003 - 08:30 PM

Just had my first smoothbeam on a setting of 14 with no numbing agent. I told her to crank it up to see if I could handle it. I was gritting my teeth through the treatment. No swelling and very small amount of redness. She said I may see some improvement but only after a min of 3 treatments. The treatment time was only like 10 minutes or so. My scarring is deep and only on my neck so she suggested other treatments like subsicion. I may not get any more smoothbeam and instead go for subsicion. From what she told me it sounds like it (smoothbeam) only works for mild scarring. Just thought i'd let you know.

#19 hello50

hello50

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:24 PM

well that isnt of any suprised about deep scarring
weve onlymentioned it several hundred times...

#20 animegirle

animegirle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:52 PM

What depth is considered deep scarring?