This topic is archived.
7 replies to this topic

#1 dingdingding

dingdingding

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:53 PM

hey guys/girls, i had read from this board that some of you had tried Contractubex for acne scars and had seen good results. the other day i bought myself a tube but everything's written in german. can anyone please tell me how to use this thing?, or share any past experience you had with this product? thanks a lot

#2 Dita

Dita

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:48 PM

I've been using contractubex for the last 5 months, it has worked wonders. Just last week I was looking at my scars and I barely recognize them anymore - throw in a full face subcision next saturday and I'm on my way to a more scar free face.

The trick with Contractubex is that you have to be DEDICATED, rarely missing an application. I apply it 2-3 times a day every 3-5 hours (not at night cuz I have a regimen of night creams I use). The good news is that contractubex is designed for long term use so NO sideeffects.

It works by restructuring the scar tissue beneath the skin. When you apply it don't just leave it on, gently massage it into the skin, in particular the scar. I hope it works for you as well as it works for me.

Contractubex is mainly used for hypotrophic scarring but it was worked VERY well (around 50%) on my rolling scars which are almost completely disappeared. I've seen some improvement (around 25% of the 2 icepicks I have).

Again, you must be dedicated once you adopt this regimen. Remember the triangle of expectation, if you want good results for cheap (contractubex is really cheap where I am) it won't be fast so just focus on the longterm and be patient.

#3 rubenolas

rubenolas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:14 PM

What does it say? I am not great, but I will try to help.....

#4 Baravykas

Baravykas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:46 AM

I dont understand. Contractubex helps only traumatic scars. Dermatologists say that it does nothing for acne scars and just irritates your skin. Maybe your improvements are because of something else...
[sig-img:226]

#5 Styx

Styx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:20 AM

Hi,

I´m German. I can try to translate it or try to explain what is written down in the instructions - if that´s what you want to know!?

But I don´t have enough time at the moment. Can you wait three days??

#6 ACNERR

ACNERR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:15 PM

Contractubex has the same ingredients as Mederma.SEarch for mederma in the net to find more info

#7 dingdingding

dingdingding

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:54 PM

yea i've heard the same about contractubex, that it wont do a whole lot for acne.

but Dita, during that course of five months, did you try anything else that might have improved your scar appearance?

here's what it says on it:

Gel zur Behandlung von hypertrophischen, heloidformigen und bewegungseinschrankenden
Narben und Kontrakturen.
Mehrmals taglich leicht einmassieren

#8 Dita

Dita

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:17 PM

@dingdingding

Bleaching agents for my brown marks but no. I had two subcisions done which did wonders but I did those on just TWO scars and none of them were my rolling scars. I fully KNOW that contractubex is not designed for my kind of scars but my doctor swears by it and I didn't believe him at first, I thought he was just trying to prolong my sessions with him, in reality he was helping me. Contractubex again IMPROVED my rolling scars by more than 50%. It probably didn't do all the work, but I'm sure it did a big part of it.

Again, if you don't want to try it that's up to you. I was hesitant at first because of what I read but now I'm addicted to it and it does NOT irritate my skin. I massage it into my skin for 30-45 seconds, apply moisturizer on it minutes later then apply make up over it. Easy.