Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long does it take for a pimple to form?

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how long it takes for a pimple to show up once the poor becomes clogged? Someone told me that it can take up to two weeks before you see the bump/redness. This seems like too long! But I can't find anything on the internet that says how long the lapse is between when the pore gets blocked and when the pimple becomes obvious. I'm curious about both kinds - the deep pimples that form nodules and take a week or more to heal, and the superficial ones that disappear in two days. Anyone know or have a link that would help? Thanks!

Does anyone know how long it takes for a pimple to show up once the poor becomes clogged? Someone told me that it can take up to two weeks before you see the bump/redness. This seems like too long! But I can't find anything on the internet that says how long the lapse is between when the pore gets blocked and when the pimple becomes obvious. I'm curious about both kinds - the deep pimples that form nodules and take a week or more to heal, and the superficial ones that disappear in two days. Anyone know or have a link that would help? Thanks!

Usually about 8-12 weeks, even for the superficial ones. This is why most acne treatments won't clear you up for at least a couple months (BP may clear you faster, but only really kills the bacteria and doesn't address the clogged pores).

I'm off Accutane!!!!!

Six month course from 9/7/06 to 3/23/07......dosage ranged from 20mg a day to a whopping 120mg/day, giving a huge cumulitive dose of 262.5mg/kg.

I'm clear, but will be using Tazorac for maintnence (and to keep any wrinkles that want to come up at bay)......

So you want to see my acne and 'tane results??? Lab's Gallery

if pimples are caused my clogged pores why not just use a medication or a washer that will clean the pores. makes perfect sense so therefore if we did this in the first place = no pimples yayy

happiness and joy seems so far away

The 8-12 week info is totally incorrect.

Pimples take roughly 2 weeks to form. It's a proven dermatological fact.

Morning

Spectro Jel, Fragrance Free

Dan's CSR Gel

Complex 15 Moisturizing Cream

Night

Spectro Jel, Fragrance Free

Dan's CSR Gel

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion, Night

The 8-12 week info is totally incorrect.

Pimples take roughly 2 weeks to form. It's a proven dermatological fact.

It can take two weeks for a comedo to become a pimple, but a microcomedo (the beginning of all acne lesions) takes about 8-12 weeks to become a comedo that completely blocks a sebaceous duct....it takes about two weeks for the comedo to become inflamed....Any acne treatment that is meant to prevent pores from clogging (Salicylic Acid, Glycolic acid, or retinoids, ect) wil take about 2-3 months to show results

I'm off Accutane!!!!!

Six month course from 9/7/06 to 3/23/07......dosage ranged from 20mg a day to a whopping 120mg/day, giving a huge cumulitive dose of 262.5mg/kg.

I'm clear, but will be using Tazorac for maintnence (and to keep any wrinkles that want to come up at bay)......

So you want to see my acne and 'tane results??? Lab's Gallery

LabGirl81 does that mean that it could be quite normal to still be purging on Retin-A at the 3 month mark, because it's still getting rid of anything which was forming at the time (12 wks ago)? Cause that sure would be good news in the sense that I'm not a freak after all and maybe this will actually stop soon. I can't help think it's never gonna stop.

Well i dont believe that it takes that long for all of them. My dentist wiped petro. jelly over over my mouth because my lips became really dry. It got all over the area under my nose (which had no pimples whatsoever) and the next day i had a cluster.

So long ago, Another life

I could feel your heart beat

It's not a dream, remember us

I can see it in your eyes

My Regimen

St. Ives Olive Scrub

St. Ives Apricot Scrub

Tar Soap

Aveeno Positively Radiant

Skin is clear!

I have noticed that since I started doing B5 and taking vitC, B-complex, Zinc and a multi vitamin. Any active spots I get form quickly and then go away quickly. I'd say 4-6 day turnaround at worst.

That's not to say the pimple didn't start a couple days before it started to show up, but still, all in all, things have been turning around a lot faster on my current regimen.

Another thing about this regimen is that pimples haven't been getting to full bloom either. They'll start to form, then start to die before they come to a head or get infected. So all in all, it's a great improvement.

I've always heard a lot of people say that acne takes up to 3 weeks to form, but whether this is true or not, I.m not sure about. I came off benzamycin and onto isotrex and I started breaking out within a week.

When I'm clear, I'm on top of the world. When I have acne, I'm lost.

I'm guessing cleaning out the pores will never be fully effective.

Even if you manage to completely clean your pores, it won't take very long for the acne bacteria to be re-introduced to those sames pores.

So, you would have to be cleaning out your pores like every 5 minutes to stay acne free forever teehee.

I suggest a more permanent result like accutane.

So it really takes months for a pimple to fully come to the surface? dang

THats BS...for the ones that have no real cause u can think of, maybe 2-3 weeks. But most of the time if something touches my face (hair gel, hands on accident, etc.) i get a pimple as soon as a couple hours later...

THats BS...for the ones that have no real cause u can think of, maybe 2-3 weeks. But most of the time if something touches my face (hair gel, hands on accident, etc.) i get a pimple as soon as a couple hours later...

But notice that you wouldn't get it everywhere. I can touch my cheeks all day long and I wouldn't get it there, and on the other hand, I can irritate other areas of my skin easily.

So it really takes months for a pimple to fully come to the surface? dang

interesting eh? :think:

current regiem:

Garnier deep clean foam wash

Nivea for Men super sensitive moisturiser

Spot treat with Garnier Anti Blemish Pen

cover with max factor 55, sandy biege

current status: clear

It's called salicylic acid.

first you have to open your pores in order to clean them. if you use salicylic acid on you face and your pores are clogges nothing is going to happen

It's called salicylic acid.

first you have to open your pores in order to clean them. if you use salicylic acid on you face and your pores are clogges nothing is going to happen

retinoids!

Like labgirl said, those treatments she listed are the only things that truely clear out your pores. BUTTTT, you have to have imense patience through the purging and adjusting phases, and too many people give up. They are also too powerful to be sold commerically. Don't try it unless you want to wait 3 months before your face stops being one huge zit.

They do work though....check LionQueen's popular log in the "Personal Regimen Logs"

~

~

~

my log

~

~

~

Treatments:

+Green Cream lvl 6