Photo

Face is full of clogged pores

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Jinpossible

Jinpossible

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:28 PM

I get a couple of pimples occasionally, but my main concern is the hundreds of clogged pores in my face. Any tips on how to reduce this problem of mine? I've heard about Retin-A, but I'd like to hear some reviews before trying it.

Thanks! smile.gif

#2 (eLLe)

(eLLe)

eh?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2006 - 05:55 PM

try exfoliating with a scrub that contains aha/bha. remember to be gentle.

#3 maddison_gummy

maddison_gummy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2006 - 06:26 PM

hey where do u mainly get clogged pores at? For me it`s around my nose area.. and those stubborn black heads that keeps popping up.. keep on popping up! lol. if its around your nose/side cheeks area.. try getting the biore deep cleansing pore strips. Those work for immediate relief but it usually comes back in 3-4 days and like u`ll have to keep on using it and treat it asap or else it`s wont be as effective in the long run.

#4 kamstan

kamstan

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:53 PM

makeupartistschoice.com sells a product called beta hydroxy serum. It comes in 3 differn't strengths 3%, 5%, & 8%. It's like a mini SA peel, it's a liquid that you apply for 5-8min then wash off, it really helps clean out the pores and keep tham clean. I love the sh*t.

#5 TrueBlueLove

TrueBlueLove

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2006 - 10:15 PM

Exfoliate with Glycolic Acid creme or lotion. biggrin.gif

#6 princess_nannan

princess_nannan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2006 - 10:15 PM

I've had this problem for years and had just resigned myself to never being able to get rid of them. They were just perpetually clogged pores that never became blackheads but never cleaned out. I've used salicylic acid, AHAs, scrubs, masques, baking soda, etc. Only two things have worked at all -- the olay regenerist micro/peel set, and the aspirin mask. I would say that the micro/peel is more effective but the aspirin mask can be used more often and used together they work really well -- they are literally the only things that have had any effect for me.

#7 MultiMia

MultiMia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:47 PM

I have the same problem. Im not 100% clear but I am about 75% clear, with no cystic acne. Finally! The only thing is that my skin doesnt really look better b/c my complexion is dull, I have the red/brown marks and a whole lot of clogged pores and blackheads all over.
Those Pore strips dont work at all for me, most scrubs are too harsh. I dont know what to do anymore. Maybe I'll try the aspirin mask. So many people have had good results with that.

#8 LionQueen

LionQueen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2006 - 01:14 PM

After 30 years of battling with acne caused by clogged pores, I have found Retin A and other retinoids to be the only real solution -- because they get to the root of the problem and really unclog your pores.

I'm currently using Green Cream, an OTC retinol treatment, and that is working for me.

www.greencream.com

Biore strips, etc. are not long-term solutions -- your pores will just keep filling up again. You would be better off spending your money on Retin A.

Q

#9 Jess

Jess

WILD CARD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2006 - 01:19 PM

synthetic brush exfoliation seems to do the trick on a daily basis, as long as you are gentle. I'd start out with a cheap soft bristled toothbrush and a bar of cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, to see how it works for you.

http://www.acne.org/...showtopic=55414

cheers!

#10 rockomon123

rockomon123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2006 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(Jessicastuart24 @ Jan 17 2006, 01:19 PM) View Post

synthetic brush exfoliation seems to do the trick on a daily basis, as long as you are gentle. I'd start out with a cheap soft bristled toothbrush and a bar of cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, to see how it works for you.

http://www.acne.org/...showtopic=55414

cheers!

i dunno, i did the toothbrush thing all over my face the other day. and i think i may have irritated my blemishes and caused them to breakout. not sure tho.

#11 kamstan

kamstan

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE(Queen_of_the_Hills @ Jan 17 2006, 12:14 PM) View Post

After 30 years of battling with acne caused by clogged pores, I have found Retin A and other retinoids to be the only real solution -- because they get to the root of the problem and really unclog your pores.

I'm currently using Green Cream, an OTC retinol treatment, and that is working for me.

www.greencream.com

Biore strips, etc. are not long-term solutions -- your pores will just keep filling up again. You would be better off spending your money on Retin A.

Q

Green cream is good sh*t! But it can also make your skin dry. the SA peels I recamended just remove the surface dead cells and dissolve the oils deep in the pores, if done 1x a week you could keep your pore clear, and if you do a lower strength like 5% then it's not at all drying but very effective.

#12 baptista

baptista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE(rockomon123 @ Jan 17 2006, 09:11 PM) View Post

i dunno, i did the toothbrush thing all over my face the other day. and i think i may have irritated my blemishes and caused them to breakout. not sure tho.

I would have to agree -- I broke out after and OMG it hurt, even when I barely touched it to my skin. Was using a sonicare though, so perhaps that's why.

#13 p3bbz

p3bbz

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(baptista @ Jan 17 2006, 06:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(rockomon123 @ Jan 17 2006, 09:11 PM) View Post

I would have to agree -- I broke out after and OMG it hurt, even when I barely touched it to my skin. Was using a sonicare though, so perhaps that's why.

The toohtbrush method helped me get clear. But it seemed to not make a difference in the blackhead department. If I used Glycolic acid on only my T-Zone and not the rest of my face would it make my skin lighter in that area only? confused.gif

#14 LionQueen

LionQueen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(p3bbz @ Jan 17 2006, 03:37 PM) View Post

The toohtbrush method helped me get clear. But it seemed to not make a difference in the blackhead department. If I used Glycolic acid on only my T-Zone and not the rest of my face would it make my skin lighter in that area only? confused.gif

I wasn't able to totally clear my blackheads with the toothbrush either, although it helped.

About the glycolic ... perhaps it would depend on the strength of the product you used, how long you left it on, how often you used it? I used to use a glycolic lotion every night and my eyebrows went from dark brown to brassy blond in days ... very annoying ... never noticed any difference in my skin color, though.

Q