Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too much fish oil?

19 posts in this topic

I started taking 1g of fish oil with my regular diet about 3 weeks ago. I wasn't noticing anything different, so I starting taking 3g a day. I started breaking out on my back and shoulders really bad. I haven't changed anything else. It's true that omega-3 helps with hormone regulation(prostaglandins). I've had back acne for as long as I can remember. I think that excess omega-3 may be screwing with my hormones, and making things worse. I've been trying to eat omega-6, 9 foods to balance it out, but no luck. Do you think that it's possible that I am getting too much omega-3 in my diet? This may be a good experiment.

You and me got the same results?

I stopped taking Fish Oils (1000mg) with GLA (Omega 6) a few days ago. I broke out on my back and shoulders too! And I rarely break out on my back..I mean it happens rarely. I couldn't believe how many zits I got suddenly and painful too.

I don't drink the pills anymore.

This must mean that exccess omega's screw with our hormones, and flare up acne. This is very interesting. I know that shoulder and back acne are due to hormonal imbalance, and this explains a lot. Maybe we who get back and shoulder acne lack certain fatty acids, like omega-3,6, or 9. If we take extra omega-3 in our diet, and we experience acne, then we are not getting enough omega-6, and 9. The key is to balance these out, and then our hormone acne should be eliminated. I will try and experiment with these.

Sounds interesting. Good luck with the experiment and hope you find the results you looking for.

As for me I won't mess with Omega's anymore well I mean pills lol

Wow, really weird that you guys posted about this. I recently got a breakout on my face so I whipped out my Fish Oil to start megadosing to hopefully help with my breakout and I notice my back started breaking out alot more than it used to. Im gonna stop taking them again I guess, crazy.

I'm going to start taking primrose oil for a few weeks. It's supposed to help balance hormones. I will make sure not to use or try anything else while I test this out. Primrose oil has omgea-6, which is also supposed to build good prostaglandins. It's funny because fish oil is supposed to reduce inflamation, like acne. But when we take too much, then I guess our bodies get flooded with excess hormones, which trigger acne. I will post my findings in a few weeks, but on the health boards.

wow

first someone on this board says fish oil pills, i get fish oil pills, now i read this,....great.........i only take 1 too!

wow

first someone on this board says fish oil pills, i get fish oil pills, now i read this,....great.........i only take 1 too!

A failed experiment for some of us. :D Fortunately it didn't cost me too much cash lol

Well, we all respond to things differently. I was taking 1g a day, but increased it to 3g per day. That's when the breakout started I think. I have stopped taking it altogether for a week, and the breakouts stopped. I am now experimenting with primrose oil, which is an omega-6. Just listen to your body. Try taking 1g a day for 3-4 weeks. If you don't see results, try increasing it. If it gets worse, then stop taking it.

Just use different oils so you're balanced... Like use olive oil and flax oil... Something that's high in Omega 6, and then something high in Omega 3. I believe you want a 2:1 balance of 3's and 6's.

Right now I'm consuming Mazola oil. Yeps...just used on fried foods lmao

No pills for me :lol2:

(I'm so silly!)

I was taking 3 fish oil pills a day for about a week and I noticed some weird breakouts as well, But I heard that fish oil pills might contain iodine in it, which can cause acne flare ups. So I called Walgreens and talked to a pharmacist and she said it might contain iodine but shes not sure if it does. So she gave me a phone number to a place that should know the answer, I won't be able to call them till tommorow but i'll post back with the info.

if you want the omega acids then just get a 3,6,9 omega complex, ive seen them around lots by various companys

if you want the omega acids then just get a 3,6,9 omega complex, ive seen them around lots by various companys

do you want me to touch you.

what i want is to smoke my gigantic glass bong....fuck all this omega zion year 5000 shit, just blaze to prevent acne

missed your chance to flip like a closed down pancake house~LL

what i want is to smoke my gigantic glass bong....fuck all this omega zion year 5000 shit, just blaze to prevent acne

missed your chance to flip like a closed down pancake house~LL

cann i still touch you? :think:

Is this guy gay or what?!