#41 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:01 PM

Day 36

Well the spot from monday has disappeared and the spot from tuesday is going down a lot quicker than I thought. The little spot on my right hand cheekbone just seemed to fizzle out. If I hadn't had those two spots on monday/tuesday I would have had an excellent week so far. I've had a few tiny spots my forehead, but nothing noticeable really or painful. I just hope the weekend is quiet acnewise!
When I'm clear, I'm on top of the world. When I have acne, I'm lost.

View my blog here

#42 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:11 PM

Day 38

Things have gone pretty quiet acnewise over the weekend! Still got the little spots on my forehead, but they havent got any bigger. I got a bit worried a few minutes ago, because i noticed a bit of red to the left of my nose, but I've just realised that its a faded red mark, at least I hope it is. There definitely was one there and its not raised at all. I hope next week that I dont get any noticeable acne.

I was round a friends house yesterday morning and the last time I was there in the morning was before christmas. The last time I was there, I looked in the bathroom mirror with the daylight coming in and I thought "hmmm theres still quite a bit of red and spots", but yesterday I looked and thought "hey cool, theres barely anything!". Thats really made me realised how much I've got better over the last 5 weeks.

View my blog here

#43 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:43 AM

Day 39

Good news is that the suspected spot to the left of my nose, definitely is just a faded red mark. phew! However, last night I Realised that the spot I thought had 'fizzled' out on my right hand cheekbone, seems to have had a second wind!!! Its got a bit bigger and a head on it. Its a whitehead but it's the sort that isn't poppable......what I mean is that the membrane of the pus filled bit is kinda shrivelled and tough. In the past I've found that these tend to take a few days to dry up and then just peel off. Nothing major and I'm not that bothered, although if it disappears over night I would be most grateful. The tiny red spots on my forehead all seem to have got smaller overnight!

Confidence is on the up! All I need is a few more weeks for some redness to fade and then I'll be so happy. Then perhaps I can look into getting a girlfriend!

View my blog here

#44 medic

medic

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE(ben100604 @ Feb 20 2006, 06:43 PM) View Post

Then perhaps I can look into getting a girlfriend!

You know what, get two. You deserve it tongue.gif

#45 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:08 PM

hehe, two would be a dream!

Day 41

Things are going pretty well! I ended up peeling off the top layer of the spot on my right hand cheek bone, there was a bit of sorta semi-solid pus which fell out, it still seemed quite inflamed. Today, though, its gone down loads and theres just a little scab there now. Theres probably going to be a red mark left, but nothing major. No other new lesions popping up! Been feeling confident today, feels good!

View my blog here

#46 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:40 PM

Day 43

A little spot came up to the left of my nose yesterday, but it was pretty tiny. Its not noticeable and its flat now, not raised at all. I did panic at first, but calmed down after 30 seconds. I just found a bit of peeling dry skin where the spot on my right hand cheekbone was. I peeled it off, so hopefully the red mark there is gonna fade with little trouble.

In some lights my skin does look really good now, but under some lights my skin still looks pretty bad. Theres virtually no active lesions about these days, but there just seems to be flecks of redness here and there. I dont know what they could be from as theres quite a few to the left of my nose for example, where I've had barely any spots for a few months now. Looking back at photos from 2002, when I had zero acne and my skin was the clearest its been since I was about 13, I did seem to have a similar redness on my cheeks as well. Back then though, I didn't need to scrutinise my skin so much and only really looked at it in like the bathroom mirror and a few work mirrors. So I probably didn't notice it back then. The light that it looks worse in is in my kitchen, with the fluorescent light on, eek that makes me look really bad. It really shows up my enlarged pores. It also shows up these little bumps on my forehead that I can't feel when I run my finger over the area. Anyway, I never checked my skin out in this light back in 2002. Maybe it would have scared me back then, but I think the texture was probably a little bit better. But, just how terrible must I have looked in the past with lots of red marks and active spots on my face along with this poor-ish texture. The redness I expect will reduce over time, at least I hope so. I want a consistent skin tone!

View my blog here

#47 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:09 AM

Day 45

This morning I found that I've got a spot come up where the right hand side of my nose meets my face. Its quite painful to the touch, although it doesn't look as bad as it feels. Its the first spot I've had in that area since switching to duac, so I expect its just a one off. Hopefully it should go in the next few days. Its been a week in between my last spot and this one, I was hoping that duac would get me down to one spot a week. Ideally it would be one spot per month, but I've only been on duac for 6 weeks, so maybe there is still some improvement to come.

The red marks on my right hand cheekbone have faded quite a lot this week, which is good. The spot I had come up in that area last sunday, has left a very minor red mark which shouldn't hang round too long.

I'm going to stop using moisturiser in the evening now. I didn't use it two evenings this week and I found that if anything, my skin seemed slightly less oily. The first hints of oilyness seemed to come back after 3 hours, which is the same if I use moisturiser. I'm still going to use it in the morning, due to the dryness caused by shaving and also a layer of moisturiser before applying differin does help to reduce dryness. When my skin was clear back in 2001/02 I never used moisturiser, I only started using it late in 2002 because I panicked over my returning acne and thought that matte moisturisers would sort it out. The only reason I need to moisturise now is because differin gives me a tight face and I dont want that first thing in the morning. The rest of the time, my sebum helps to keep my face moisturised, so whats the point?

The texture of my face in some lights, horrifies me though. The worst light I can find is when its fairly sunny outside and if I stand by the kitchen window looking in a mirror. It just looks as though I have hundreds of red marks across the centre of my face, in areas where I haven't had acne for upto 5 months. I just don't understand how these marks can still be visible. My cheeks, which haven't really had acne for about a year, don't seem to have this redness, so perhaps it will fade, but I just don't know.

View my blog here

#48 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:34 PM

Day 45 (cont...)

I don't know whether I'm imagining things or not, but it seems like the spot on the right hand side of my nose has gone down a bit. I'll have to wait til tomorrow to see if it is indeed on the way out though. Found a little blemish just below my right eye, nothing bad, but its a little red mark

View my blog here

#49 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:26 AM

Day 46

well the spot next to my nose doesn't seem to have shrunk any more since last night, although it is less painful which is a good sign. Last night, however, I did find a blackhead on the top of my left cheek, which seems a little inflamed. I hope it goes quickly as when I used to get blackheads in this area, they had a nasty habit of swelling up. I'm just gonna bp it every 4 hours or so and hope that does some good.

Feeling pretty bad about myself today. IT just seems that no matter how much my acne improves, my skin still looks pretty ragged...

View my blog here

#50 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:45 AM

Day 47

The blackhead thing hasn't done much at all, not got any worse and I don't think its gonna get any worse. Spot on the side of my nose has gone down, a bit more. Things aren't great but I've felt a bit better today

View my blog here

#51 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:41 AM

Day 48

Good news is that the spot on my nose has virtually gone, the blackhead thing is now flat, although there is still a blackhead there. Had a few little red spots come up on my forehead, they are all tiny though apart from one which is forming a whitehead. I'm not too bothered by it though and its only the 2nd or 3rd whitehead I've had in the last 6 weeks. To the right of my nose I've found what appears to be a little bit of hard(?) skin covering a pore, it doesn't appear to be inflamed and its not painful. I've had them a few times before, they usually just go after a day or two with little trouble. So its not been bad so far this week, although my bad spots always seem to come up at the weekend. Still no sign of any up coming acne on my right hand cheekbones, which certainly does seem to have calmed down over the last 3 weeks

View my blog here

#52 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:29 PM

Day 50

Day 50, what a little milestone. Is my skin better than it was 50 days ago? I'd have to say yes.

The whitehead that came up on day 48, was popped on day 48. It just scabbed up a little bit and then the scab came off earlier today. Nothing else has turned up, but the week is still young.

Angling the bathroom cabinet mirrors, I can get a reallly good view of the side of my face. A lot of red marks have disappeared over the last 2 months on my cheekbones. Although quite a few red marks have been left recently on my right hand cheekbone, but they're fading more and more each week. My right hand cheekbone hasn't even come close to breaking out this week, no suspicious lumps or anything.

Still though I always have redness on my face in various places. Will it fade away? One day I expect it will, but not anytime soon

View my blog here

#53 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:15 PM

Day 51

Not much change today, although the little red mark from the whitehead on my forehead has nearly gone. However, about 2 hours ago, I found a tiny little bump on my right hand cheekbone, not red or painful, but y'know, anything in that area concerns me. Have to wait and see what happens overnight

View my blog here

#54 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:23 PM

Day 56

eeek! Not updated for a few days!

The little bump that I discovered on Saturday evening, disappeared before it became anything. Since then, my skin has enjoyed its quietest spell in the last 3.5 years. Theres not really been any scares or anything.

Things are so good at the minute, its difficult to write it all down without sounding like a madman, but I'm feeling real good at the minute!!!!

View my blog here

#55 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2006 - 12:56 PM

Day 58

Had a little spot pop up on day 57, but that seemed to just dry up and then came off my skin this morning when I poked at it. My right hand cheekbones haven't broken out with anything for 2 weeks now, so perhaps that is the end of that! Not much else to say for now!

View my blog here

#56 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:57 AM

Day 59

I was watching a DVD last night and I fell asleep about 12, woke up about 3.30am and realised that I hadn't put my duac on. Was far too tired to do anything apart from go to the toilet. Should be ok though, I've occasionally missed application of duac or differin and been ok. I did find a little spot on the left hand side of my face this morning, but thats probably just coincidence and isn't that noticeable

View my blog here

#57 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:33 PM

Day 60

The little spot I found yesterday morning, has gone down a little but, but its so tiny anyway, so doesn't matter I guess.

I was in the hairdressers an hour ago and the one I go to, theres two levels, an upper level and a lower one. In the lower level, the lighting in there always makes my skin look great. The upper level lighting is not so great, regardless of that I could see that my skin wasn't looking terrible. It did highlight a little blemish next to my eye, but its not a big or painful thing, so hopefully should go soon.

The red marks on my right hand cheekbone are still there but have faded a lot over the last two weeks and haven't been replaced with any new ones.

so I've done two months now of duac/differin and I'm looking so much better than before. All I seem to have got over the last two week are really tiny little spots. My skin isn't looking quite as red either which is good. The texture does even appear to look better, but I think thats down to a more even skin tone. I don't think my skin will ever be truly normal unfortunately, but all I can do is make sure its as good as it can be. I've only had one slightly bad spot in the last two weeks, a whitehead on my forehead, so things are looking up.

View my blog here

#58 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:50 PM

Back again! Just noticed in the mirror that the little spot I ahd come up on day 57 seems to have come back to life, still small, but grr makes me angry. I've only really got two tiny little blemishes at the minute, but the clearer I get, the clearer I want to get/stay!!!!!!! A year ago I would have killed to look like this and now I want MORE MORE MORE! Acne sucks

View my blog here

#59 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:20 AM

Day 61

The two blemishes from yesterday haven't changed much, so at least it looks as though they're not gonna erupt. The one on my right hand cheek is quite noticeable though. I was standing in the kitchen earlier with the fluorescent light on up above and looking in a hand mirror about 2 foot in front of me and its nowhere near as bad as it was a month ago. So, I am getting better, but it seems so slooooooow.

Last night about an hour before I went to bed, I could feel something painful on my nose, thats disappeared now! The last thing I need right now is nose acne! I've had some dry skin round my nose the last two days, I think that might be due to the cold weather we're having at the minute.

View my blog here

#60 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2006 - 12:12 PM

Day 63

The spots from day 61 seem to have almost gone now, the one next to my eye has 90% gone and the one on my left hand cheek seemed to turn to a scab and then some dry skin flaked off where it had been and now theres just a faded red mark. But, damnit, I then get a whitehead sorta thing coming up on my right hand cheek, i tried to pop it this morning and a tiny bit of pus came out and then the spot seemed to swell up a bit and then go down a few hours later. I'm not that bothered by it though. There might be a little red spot coming up above my moustache area, but I cant be sure. I suppose this week has been pretty bad, but the spots I've had come up have been tiny. Just a blip perhaps

View my blog here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users