370 replies to this topic

#361 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:50 AM

The spot on my right cheek felt dead today and there was a little scab on top. It came off fairly easily and is about 99% flat. There's a red mark, but I doubt it's going to be that bad.

So that's good news!

Had a couple of blemishes come up over the last couple of days. Small red spots with little inflammation which aren't terrible, but they never help your self esteem when you've just had a bad spot. They also add to the red mark situation which is frustrating, although they're usually pretty short lived.

One of the slowly swelled up last night, but I squeezed it and a long-ish piece of solid pus came out. Now it's flat and just a red mark.

I'm not sure if the crap this week has been down to me being so ill for the first half of the week. Maybe, though, I'm just making excuses.

Have to see how I get on this week now that I'm better.

When I'm clear, I'm on top of the world. When I have acne, I'm lost.

#362 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:14 AM

The spot on my cheek formed a little scab across it which came off on Monday. Another thinner one has formed today, so I'm going to try and leave that for as long as possible.

Then, on Sunday, I had a tiny whitehead which came up just above my moustache. I managed to scrape it off with little hassle, but it seems to have taken some skin off with it and formed a little scab.

And yesterday I had a little spot/blemish come up to the left of my nose. Quite small, no pain, but quite red. Nothing major, but it adds to a bad picture!

I've had nothing 'big' come up since that spot on my cheek, but I'm getting plagued by crappy little things.

Just wish I could clear up as my face looks a bit skanky.

#363 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:47 AM

The spot to the left of my nose got a little head on it which I squeezed and it scabbed over. There's a little red mark there now, but it's faded quite a lot already.

The only other thing I've had come up is a spot kind of where my face meets my temples. It's quite flat, with only a little redness, but there's a bit of pain. I can't see it turning into anything major. It's been there a day now and I think the pain has actually gone down a tiny bit, so I don't think it's anything to worry about.

I'm feeling a bit better about my skin, but, of course, I still have several red marks to contend with. Some are fading quick though, so I do feel as though I'm on the up.

#364 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:43 PM

The spot near my right temple is dead now. Not completely flat, but no pain and no redness. Bit of a weird one, but they crop up every now and then.

But I'm still not out of the woods yet. Had a little spot come up on my left temple now. I think it came up yesterday or the day before. No pain - well maybe a slight bit when I really squash it - and fairly small, but it's still there. Will probably die quite quickly.

And, just 10 minutes ago, I found a little bump to the right of my nose. It's quite far away from my nose, but I'm praying it's not bad. It doesn't feel 'alive and growing' and there's no pain. It's just like this little bump of skin which is fairly unnoticeable. Hopefully it's just some weird little skin anomaly as I can't deal with it swelling up like mad!

So, yeah, feel a little bit down after feeling good for the last few days. Nothing major has come up, but the clear, long runs of skin still haven't returned. It's been nearly two months now since my last run of clear skin.

I've still got red marks to deal with too - maybe 6, so that doesn't help my mood. None of them are horrendous red marks, but any type of red mark is bad in my book.

#365 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:16 AM

I ended up getting quite down last night after my last post. The impact that acne has on my self esteem is beyond believable.

The little thing to the far right of my nose is still there, but it's not got worse after a night's sleep. Always a good sign. I don't think it's going to turn into anything to be honest. It doesn't feel as though it has the potential. I can usually tell fairly early on.

The spot on my left temple hasn't changed either. It's got that greasy look to it though, but forehead acne is so rare for me I'm not too bothered.

I'm going to see my doctor next week about my acne. More about the psychological effect it has on me. I've felt like this for the last 6 years, but always thought "they can't cure my acne, so what's the point?". I'm sick of feeling like this, though, so I just want to try and get some help.

What that help will entail, though, I just don't know. I'm not sure how something like cognitive behaviour therapy could help because, you know, I'm still gonna look in the mirror and see acne.

Treatment wise, I've used everything over the years apart from Roaccutane. I very nearly did go on it - had the prescription in my hand and everything - but I had a slightly high liver enzyme and the derm wouldn't let me go on it.

I don't think any derm on the planet would put me on the tane now as my acne is pretty mild. I just can't cope with it.

#366 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:10 AM

Well, damn and blast it, that spot to the far right of my nose has got bigger. It's another painless spot, between small - medium and a dark red. I don't think it's going to explode, but who knows these days?

The spot of my left temple had formed a head last night which I dispatched of pretty quickly. It feels dead now and a bit smaller, so should be gone soon.

Yesterday morning I also found a painful spot on my left cheekbone. This depressed me quite a lot, but by the evening there was a head on it which, again, I popped with no issues and it's now flat and dead. A little red mark, but too minor to last for long.

So, still getting little outbreaks. They're all quite mild and painless, though, which is the strangest thing.

I've been breaking out for about 2 months now and the last times I had prolonged problems like this was in 2009 and 2012. Both those times, though, I was getting painful papules and pustules which refused to die.

Maybe my skin has calmed down a bit due to aging factors. I'd much rather have no breakouts rather than mild breakouts though.

A week til I go and see the Doctor. I'm thinking about asking to go back on Duac as it works out cheaper than Zindaclin and seperately bought BP. Plus, the BP in Duac is 5% and less irritating. I doubt it'll make any big difference to my skin, but even tiny benefits such as less flaky skin are welcome at the minute.

#367 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:22 AM

The spot to the right of my nose had a head on it by Saturday morning, so I nipped that out and it's gone down since then. Not completely flat, but on it's way.

Also had a small spot with a head just below my mouth come up around the same time. Killed the head and that's going down too.

For an hour or two, this morning, I started to feel better. Then I found a bump to the right of my nose. About an inch above the last spot I had in this area. There's no pain to it, but I suspect it will swell up as the ones preceding it has.

I just cannot get a break at the minute!

Another day closer to my doctor's visit, though, and that's all I'm hanging onto at the minute even though there's nothing they can do.

#368 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:32 AM

The two spots I had at the weekend literally just peeled off yesterday, so they're completely flat now. A bit red, but a fairly quick response. The spot that came up yesterday has got a tiny bit bigger, but there's hardly any redness and no pain. Not as down as I felt this time yesterday, but I still have loads of red marks which is a bit depressing. Still, another day closer to my doctor's appointment.

#369 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:11 PM

Can you believe that I missed my doctor's appointment?! I misheard my appointment time when I booked it, so I was half an hour late. Now got to wait another two weeks to see that specific doctor.

I wasn't actually too bothered as my skin had been very quiet. Nothing came up between Monday and Friday, so I thought maybe this spell of acne was over.

But I was celebrating too soon. I've had a spot come up to the left of my nose today - just like all the others it's red, but no pain. And, I've just found one in between my right cheekbone and sideburn. It feels very soft, not as solid as the one to the left of my nose.

I'd been feeling good all week, but then I get brought crashing down to earth again.

Maybe things will look better in the morning.

#370 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:42 AM

After a night's sleep the spot on the right hand side of my face has gone down quite a bit. It wasn't huge yesterday, but it's even less raised today. It's still got a really weird feel to it though. Very soft and not as inflamed as a normal spot. I suspect it will be completely gone tomorrow. It's hardly got any redness either, so there won't be a red mark.

The spot to the left of my nose hasn't gone down though. It's more solid today and I think there's going to be a head on it. It looks like there's a very tiny head on it, but it's so small I can't be certain.

So, I feel a tiny bit better today as the spot on the right hand side of my face looks like it's going to be a no show. That means I've had just one bad spot this week which is an improvement on the 2-4 I've been having weekly for some time.

#371 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:00 AM

The spot/thing on the right hand side of my face has almost completely gone without a trace now. I can just about feel the outline of it, so that's positive!

The one to the left of my nose still looks ugly though. It got a bit bigger yesterday and painful, but the pain's gone now and it feels like it's starting to die. Still a very nasty shade of red though.

Apart from that nothing else has come up.

I've got about 6 noticeable red marks and 1 spot at the minute. Doesn't sound much, but it's still enough to get me down.

Maybe I'm on the up, but only time will tell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users