345 replies to this topic

#301 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:38 AM

The spot from my last blog went away after a couple of days like I thought, so I'm loathed to say it was a bad spot. No real mark left that I can see, so I would say I've gone six weeks without a bad spot now. Had a little spot come up the left of my nose on Friday night, but it's not noticeable and hardly any red to it. A few tiny, tiny, blemishes here and there, but nothing too bad. As I said earlier, it's been six weeks without a bad spot, but there have still been a few spots along the way. Maybe I'm wanting too much, but what can I say? Life feels so much better when I'm not worrying. Who would deprive me of that?

#302 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

Found a little spot on Sunday afternoon to the right of my nose - it's right where my nostril joins my face. It got a bit bigger throughout the day and the next morning it was still there. It wasn't severely red, but it had a bit of a dull pain to it. I decided to attack it with some oral ibuprofen. I took 400mg on Monday morning and about an hour later all the pain had gone and the spot felt half as big. I did this a few times throughout the day and today - without taking any ibuprofen - the spot is flatter and hopefully on the way down. Apart from that, not much else to report apart from the tiniest little red flecks here and there, but I can cope with them.

#303 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

Had two spots come up this week, so it's probably been my worst week in two months. Had a papule come up to the right of my nose/below my eye on Tuesday. It was medium sized, but is going down. Don't think it will leave too much of a red mark. The other spot came up yesterday and is on my right cheekbone. Again, it's medium sized, but there's no pain to it. There not the worst spots I've had this year, but it's ruined my weekend for me.

#304 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

The two spots from last week had gone down by the start of this week. Still got red marks from them though which is annoying. I think they may be round a for a few weeks yet as well. Friday night, I was too tired to put my Duac on, so went straight to bed. Next morning had a little bump on my nose. Today it's got redder and painful. This nearly always happens when I miss a Duac application. SO ANNOYING! It looks like there might be a little head forming at the centre of the redness. Maybe it'll be ready to pop tomorrow. Spots like that on my nose always heal really quickly, so I can but pray this happens again.

#305 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

Nothing too bad since the last update until Lunchtime today. Rubbed my face and felt the familiar pain of inflammation below my left eye. Sure enough, after checking in the mirror, there was a spot there. It's a strange place for me to get a spot, so not sure how long it'll last. It's quite big and there's a pain deep inside it. Don't think it'll get a head on it. Very annoyed by it, though, and it's put me in a bad mood as I'm out on Saturday. I've got a few days for it to go down, but am upset that I'll probably have a crappy red mark on my face.

#306 amrendugan

amrendugan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:39 AM

This is the longest log I have ever read...I couldnt imagine how worse is your acne...it must not be worst because you didnt become a candidate for accutane...I suffered from acne as well and I have tried many many OTC products, they didnt cure me but at least they can control...the most effective OTC that can contain my acne is proactive but with the absence of pro-active, I used retin-a combined with Benzac and clearasil lotion and acne aid bar soap...and so far, it is working well...no more breakouts and the redness are fading gradually..I can say, I am back to my normal skin but these products should be an integral part of my life until I can assure that I will have no more breakouts when I stop using them..

#307 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:36 AM

Thanks for looking through my blog, amrendugan. It stretches back quite a bit! My acne isn't terrible by any means, but my skin's not as good as it used to be which is always hard to handle!

Anyway, the spot from my last blog unfortunately stuck round for a few more days before going down. Just as it started to go down I got two more spots - one below my lip and one on my right cheek. They didn't last too long, but did leave red marks. At present, I've got three red marks spread over my face. It doesn't sound much, but when I look in the mirror I find that the red marks cause a real distraction. I can't help but zoom my eyes over them. I don't know what other people think when they see me, but they must notice them. I have other tiny little blemishes which don't bother me, but these three red marks just make me feel very down. They'll be gone in a couple of weeks, but it was pretty bad getting three spots in a week. Just more proof that my skin is slowly declining. I can't see how I'm ever going to be as consistenly clear as I was last year. The Duac/Differin combination isn't going to suddenly improve - it must be a resistance issue to the clindamycin in the Duac. What else can I do though? Changing my regimen is only going to make matters worse. The only thing I haven't really tried is minocycline and that has the following problems:
  • Only able to go on it for a set period e.g. 6 months - assuming it helped, things would get worse when I came off it.
  • I'd have to have it combination with Differin and I tried differin in combination with oral antibiotics a couple of times during 2004/05 and my skin was just awful.
I have been thinking about maybe some laser treatment to help give my skin a boost. Only thing is, I'm not sure it would involve coming off the duac/differin for a while before and after the procedure. The breakouts that would bring would be terrible. I need to look into it a bit more though.

#308 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

Only had one spot crop up this week - so far! A tiny little whitehead which was on the bottom of my lip. Wasn't noticeable as it was literally on the edge of my lip, so the redness of it blends into the redness of my lips. I only had one minor spot come up last week. The three red marks are the main issue at the minute. Just got to wait for them to fade away.

#309 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:19 AM

Found a little spot to the right of my nose last night! No pain, but there was a little head on it - strangely, it wasn't in the centre, but on the very edge of the spot. Squeezed the pus out with no problem. The spot's still here, but it's not a terrible one and not huge. Red mark below my eye is almost gone and the one below my lip is really small now. The one on my right cheek is still quite a dark red colour which makes it really noticeable. I'm surprised it's been so persistent as it was quite a small spot, but there we go. Kind of feel like I've been trapped with some very mildly crappy skin for the last three weeks. Had that one bad week at the start of it where I got 3 spots in a week, but I suppose since then it's only been one little spot each week since. Hard to accept that it may stay like this. Don't know though. Who knows?!

#310 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

The new spot I had come up the other day is flat now and a lot of the redness has faded from it, but at the very centre there's a tiny red dot. It looks like a blocked pore, but it's red. Not sure what it is as I haven't squeezed at it apart from a tiny whitehead which was on the edge of the redness. It'll probably go fairly quick as the spot was flat within two days. Still a red mark though.

The red mark under my eye is now completely gone. I guess it's entire lifetime from birth to death was 3 weeks. The red mark below my lips is still there, but fading more and more. The one on my cheekbone is still the most visible one. Not sure when that will go.

Got a bit of razor rash today to make things look a little worse, but that usually clears up in a day or two. Still not that happy though. Maybe in a weeks time, I'll feel a little better.

#311 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

Feeling better since my last post. No major spots since then which is a good thing! Found yesterday that I had another tiny whitehead on the edge of my lip. It's the top lip this time as opposed to the bottom lip. A bit weird as it's very, very rare to get spots in this area, so two in a couple of weeks is odd. I was a bit worried at first that maybe they're coldsores, but these aren't blisters. Definitely whiteheads. Plus the first one didn't crust over like a coldsore. It's only a very minor blemish, but seems persistent. Squeezed pus out twice now and a head has reformed. I can live through it though as it's not that noticeable. Hopefully everything else will remain clear for a while. Fingers crossed!

#312 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

Nothing new came up since the last post! Looking good again! Only took six weeks! The only thing on my face now is the red mark on my cheek and that's virtually gone now. Happy for now!

#313 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

Been doing pretty good since last blog. Only thing to report is a whitehead that has appeared on the very edge of my jaw. I squeezed it this morning and a solid head came out of it. It was then really painful for about 10 minutes. There's another head there now which isn't poppable. Have to wait and see how that goes. Not visible though, so not too bothered about it!

#314 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

Had two little whiteheads come up in the gap between my eyebrows last week. Have left some red marks, but nothing major or longlasting.

Was just at the hairdressers when I thought I saw a huge spot underneath my eye. Got home and had a proper look and it appears to be just a big red mark - no swelling, no pain and completely flat with a normal texture. Bit weird, but hopefully it'll go down soon. I've had a little allergy/eczema reaction come up on my wrist, so maybe I need to take some antihistamine. Hopefully, it will shrink overnight.

#315 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

Been posting on this site for over eight years now! Have actually been coming on the forums for nearly ten years! I didn't sign up as a member for the first couple of years. Not sure why really. I certainly don't post as much as I used to - most of my posts must have been between 2004 - 2005 when my skin was at its worst. I wish I'd never had to post on these boards though. Would have meant a happier life!

Anyway, the spot thing from under my eye disappeared without any hassle. Sadly, I got a little spot on my left cheek. It took a few days to get a head on it and I popped it this morning. It's dying now and not reforming, but it's a bit ugly. Also had a spot come up in the crease of my chin on Tuesday. Not too noticeable, but still painful. I think it may be going down now. Also got a weird bit of pain to the side of my nose - no bump or redness, but a sharp pain. It was there yesterday and still today. Fingers crossed it will die overnight. I feel a little bit scabby at the moment, but it's not too bad.

#316 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:15 AM

Tuesday night found a spot coming up to the left of my nose - the first one there for a few months. I thought it was a papule at first, but now there's a little head forming on it. No pain to it whatsoever. Nothing else to report, but this spot couldn't have come at a worse time. In a weeks time I'm meeting up with a load of friends and was hoping to be spot free. This spot will have died by then, but there will be a red mark left. I wish it would just disappear, but it won't.

#317 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Had nothing new come up since the last post which is great news. Haven't been worrying about my skin too much over the last 6 weeks as it's been so good. Let's hope it continues on!

#318 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

After my last post, I got a little bit confident with my skin. I kept missing Duac applications as I was too lazy to get out of bed last thing at night and thought "It'll be ok to miss it here and there!". Anyway, this week I think I've paid the price by having three minor spots come up! None of them are terrible and I would say that only one is visible. One has virtually disappeared now and the other two have had little heads popped on them today. I've been very strict with my Duac and Differin applications this week and need to keep it up!

#319 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Been more strict with my regimen and has been going ok. Had a spot pop up today though! It's kind of inbetween my the right of my nose and my right cheek. Not the best place to have a spot, but it's not awful. Medium sized, a bit red and no pain. It may well die overnight. I hope it does. Apart from that my skin's not looking bad. A few little red marks here and there, but little else. Fingers crossed this new spot will die overnight!

#320 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

Spot from the last blog stuck around for about 5 days until it formed a head which I was able to squeeze out easily enough. It's nearly flattened out completely now, but will leave a red mark - nothing severe though thankfully. Found another spot today right on top of my right hand cheekbone - small and painless, but red. Hope it goes down without any trouble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users