Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oil blotting paper / tissue paper

4 posts in this topic

I've used oil blotting paper once and it seems to do a good job. But I mostly use tissue paper and just press it against my skin and rub it down once. I find that helps as well.

So what's the difference between the two? Would the oil blotting paper absorb more oil?

I'm curious myself. Because I always use tissue as well. It seems to do the trick for me, and I save money. *shrug*

The oil blotting paper gets a lot more oil for me. I can definately notice the difference when I'm trying to retouch my makeup (if not enough oil's picked up, retouched makeup looks cakey).

99.5% Clear (skin gets 'congested' PMS week, but no actual breakouts)

---------------------------

Fragrance-Free Baby Wipes + a few drops Rimmel Makeup Remover solution

3/4 AHA Toner* & 1/4 Glycerin (cotton pad) -- good toner, moisturizer, and makeup base (use less glycerin if not under makeup)

Occasional Treatments (2-3x/week): Exfoliating bp wash* in shower, 2.5% bp lotion* at night

CoverGirl TruBlend Powder Foundation

* = Klear Action Kit (Pro-Activ knockoff)

Gluten-free diet (for non-acne reasons, but it seems to have cleared my acne)

Hi,

If you feel like using regular tissue, it's fine, just don't disturb your make-up. Blotting papers are usually specially designed not to disturb make-up, and may also have a special powder coating to prevent further oiliness.

I use blot tissues even when I don't wear make-up.

Also, use a preventative mattifier in the morning, like Origins Zero Oil, Lancome T. Controle, MAC Texture Matte, Clinique Sheer Matteness or as a cheap alternative Milk of Magnesia.

And sometimes I need to use a compact powder after an oil-blotting sheet to give the complete matte look.