Oil blotting paper / tissue paper

3 replies to this topic

#1 Cyber

Cyber

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2003 - 03:30 PM

I've used oil blotting paper once and it seems to do a good job. But I mostly use tissue paper and just press it against my skin and rub it down once. I find that helps as well.

So what's the difference between the two? Would the oil blotting paper absorb more oil?

#2 ~Ani~

~Ani~

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Clear - thanks to acne.org :)

Posted 20 July 2003 - 01:43 AM

I'm curious myself. Because I always use tissue as well. It seems to do the trick for me, and I save money. *shrug*

#3 ritzvin

ritzvin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2003 - 07:33 PM

The oil blotting paper gets a lot more oil for me. I can definately notice the difference when I'm trying to retouch my makeup (if not enough oil's picked up, retouched makeup looks cakey).

#4 marytylermoore

marytylermoore

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2003 - 02:56 AM

Hi,

If you feel like using regular tissue, it's fine, just don't disturb your make-up. Blotting papers are usually specially designed not to disturb make-up, and may also have a special powder coating to prevent further oiliness.

I use blot tissues even when I don't wear make-up.

Also, use a preventative mattifier in the morning, like Origins Zero Oil, Lancome T. Controle, MAC Texture Matte, Clinique Sheer Matteness or as a cheap alternative Milk of Magnesia.

And sometimes I need to use a compact powder after an oil-blotting sheet to give the complete matte look.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users