Photo

If its man made, don't eat it

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2005 - 10:33 PM

Notice how you always see people asking, will this energy drink cause acne, well how about this candy bar.

Do you notice that you never hear someone asking will this apple cause acne? Because it won't. Its natural, and there are minimal to no added chemicals in them (if organic).

We are being led to believe that science, with the help of chemicals is good for us. The truth is, it's not. Do you see people 200 years ago with acne? I don't.

Now am I actually telling you to eat nothing but organic food? Hell no. I don't eat halfway organic.

But I watch what I eat sometimes, instead of some man-made cookies I'll have an apple. I am slowly and surely noticing differences in my skin, my health, and my overall attitude.

Is this a miracle cure to health, no. Will this help with your acne, probably.
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#2 rotten

rotten

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2005 - 02:29 AM

the only long term change to my diet that i was able to make is eating honey when i feel the need to eat some sugar.

i still eat everything i want, if i couldn't, what the point of living tongue.gif

#3 drea

drea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 30 December 2005 - 03:05 AM

you shouldn't feel compelled to necessarily deny yourself of eating what you want to, just so you get clear skin. if you want to eat an apple then eat an apple if you want to eat a cookie, then do that. the truth is you can be totally anal about what you eat, and there's a possibility you will still get acne. although, i do think that we should think of ourselves as plants. anyone who's tried to grow buds (or vegetables or whatever) knows that it's hard work to grow a plant which thrives, at the same time your plant will grow when given just the bear minimum... however, the result of your carefully planned efforts will show by the strength of the plant at the time of harvest. take it one day at a time, eat how you want to not for tomorrow but for today. your diet does not have to be looked upon as the means to an end (clear skin), just enjoy it what you eat and what you do, whatever that may be.

some general rules...[from my subjective point of view]

if you eat well, you feel well.
if you eat lots of things you don't want to but which are "good for you",
you will probably crave what you are not allowing your self to eat,
this craving may create a problem for you. i/e you will might end up breaking whatever diet plans you have made for your self.

WHAT DO I DO THEN?!

i think pika is right in that this does not necessarily have to be a total diet overhaul, small changes in diet can be fun and will make a difference. I recommend exploring your produce section and being open-minded to things you have long feared. for example, the other day I actually ate tuna for the first time in 15+ years (beacause at some point i decided i would never eat fish) letting go of things like this may be the key to exploring other meals and other worlds. There is an entire WORLD of food!!! go explore it!!! boycott the drive-through.

In the eyes of a dreamer

In the eyes of a man

And you are the man

There was a time, when I could live without, a sense of pride. - The Red Chord

#4 NoLeafClover

NoLeafClover

I am Jack's inflamed sense of rejection.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:48 AM

I once cleared my acne by eating nothing but unprocessed food, not only did it clear my acne but i looked better overall and felt very good too, there were 2 problems though:
I lost a stupid amount of weight and when there was no fat left for my body to consume my muscles shrank rapidly, I became painfully skinny which looks just as bad as acne IMO

And, the diet was so boring and strict that I eventually cracked anyway.

It's vital that your diet is exciting and varied if you are going to stick to it.

#5 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2005 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE(NoLeafClover @ Dec 30 2005, 03:48 PM) View Post

I once cleared my acne by eating nothing but unprocessed food, not only did it clear my acne but i looked better overall and felt very good too, there were 2 problems though:
I lost a stupid amount of weight and when there was no fat left for my body to consume my muscles shrank rapidly, I became painfully skinny which looks just as bad as acne IMO

And, the diet was so boring and strict that I eventually cracked anyway.

It's vital that your diet is exciting and varied if you are going to stick to it.

Thats why you have cheat days once or twice a week.

#6 NoLeafClover

NoLeafClover

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2005 - 03:52 PM

I did, once a week/fortnight (depending on my stregnth of will power) I would guzzle pizza coke and chocolate all day.

I still cracked and I still lost weight, a diet void of good protein is a bad diet IMO especially if your a guy looking to bulk up.

#7 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2005 - 05:54 PM

You also can't forget a surplus of calories is needed if your trying to bulk. Too many rookies focus on largeb amounts of protein, but the ody also needs surplus calories to grow.

#8 NoLeafClover

NoLeafClover

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2005 - 07:06 PM

surplus calories can be gained by eating protein, eggs and tuna ofcourse are good all round anyway.

#9 Melek

Melek

I'm gonna find me a hobo!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE(Pika @ Dec 29 2005, 11:33 PM) View Post

We are being led to believe that science, with the help of chemicals is good for us. The truth is, it's not. Do you see people 200 years ago with acne? I don't.

You aren't big on history are you? Never read about Julius Caesar's son?

Magnesium Sulfate Anhydrous:

"3. Hazards Identification

Emergency Overview
--------------------------
CAUTION! MAY BE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. "

(Source: Material Safety Data Sheet)

Holistic forum users' "facts": CAUTION! MAY BE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED.

#10 drea

drea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 31 December 2005 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE(Melek @ Dec 30 2005, 10:56 PM) View Post

is that the guy who says, "Pizza Pizza" ??

In the eyes of a dreamer

In the eyes of a man

And you are the man

There was a time, when I could live without, a sense of pride. - The Red Chord

#11 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2005 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE(Melek @ Dec 31 2005, 03:56 AM) View Post

No I'm not, care to inform me?

#12 curiousz

curiousz

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2006 - 05:55 AM

Rubbish.

You can still retain healthy weight and eat an unproccessed diet.

#13 NoLeafClover

NoLeafClover

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:50 AM

Yes but just about everything except fruit and veg causes acne apparently.
I'm a man not a rabbit.
Canned tuna = processed
Non organic eggs =bad
Milk = processed

Theres no way I could bulk up without these things, besides I love food too much and I'v found a way of treating my acne without stressing over every little thing I put in my mouth.
Blue light rocks.

#14 Melek

Melek

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2006 - 12:50 PM

Julius Caesar's successor had acne.

Emergency Overview

#15 markedred

markedred

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2006 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE(Pika @ Dec 30 2005, 04:33 AM) View Post

Notice how you always see people asking, will this energy drink cause acne, well how about this candy bar.

Do you notice that you never hear someone asking will this apple cause acne? Because it won't. Its natural, and there are minimal to no added chemicals in them (if organic).

Now am I actually telling you to eat nothing but organic food? Hell no. I don't eat halfway organic.

But I watch what I eat sometimes, instead of some man-made cookies I'll have an apple. I am slowly and surely noticing differences in my skin, my health, and my overall attitude.

Oh my god!! I so agree with you. Even though that I don't eat much of organic foods. People don't realise the bad stuff (all the toxins) in the ordinary food and the pressure this adds onto our liver, causing more breakouts - will be changing my diet very soon
My Regime

Morning

Aubrey Organics - Green/Blue Algae Cleansing Lotion,
Aubrey Organics - Green/Blue Algae Toner,
Caudalie - Energizing Fluid

Evening
Same as morning but using Mario Badescu Drying Lotion on any whiteheads.

#16 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE(Melek @ Jan 1 2006, 06:50 PM) View Post

Julius Caesar's successor had acne.

Ok, one out of how many back then?
QUOTE(markedred @ Jan 1 2006, 07:59 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Pika @ Dec 30 2005, 04:33 AM) View Post

Oh my god!! I so agree with you. Even though that I don't eat much of organic foods. People don't realise the bad stuff (all the toxins) in the ordinary food and the pressure this adds onto our liver, causing more breakouts - will be changing my diet very soon

Glad you agree.

#17 Melek

Melek

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2006 - 12:06 PM

Acne existed. That's what you sought to disprove. What do you expect? A census that states how many people had acne? Acne isn't important enough to keep records of, particularly in the past before the internet, before readily available books and paper, and before widespread literacy. It amazes me how people can take something that so obviously offers nothing to their arguement and maintain that it proves it indisputably, simply because it's what they want to believe.

Emergency Overview

#18 Re@PeR

Re@PeR

Workaholic in action!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2006 - 01:15 PM

Looks probably didn't matter at all back then, but back then they probably never experienced the amount of stress and junk food that we have to deal with every day. IMO it is safe to say most people were clear back then.

#19 Melek

Melek

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2006 - 01:42 PM

What are you basing that "safe" statement upon?

Emergency Overview

#20 Guest_Gentle~Rain_*

Guest_Gentle~Rain_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE(Re@PeR @ Jan 4 2006, 02:15 PM) View Post

Looks probably didn't matter at all back then, but back then they probably never experienced the amount of stress and junk food that we have to deal with every day. IMO it is safe to say most people were clear back then.

No stress??!?!? Are you kidding? You must not realise how easy we have it today!!! Possibly I could agree that less chemical laden foods MAY lead to less acne ....but lack of sound nutrition and basic hygiene could lead to MORE acne ....it's a toss up :S