Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pika

If its man made, don't eat it

36 posts in this topic

Notice how you always see people asking, will this energy drink cause acne, well how about this candy bar.

Do you notice that you never hear someone asking will this apple cause acne? Because it won't. Its natural, and there are minimal to no added chemicals in them (if organic).

We are being led to believe that science, with the help of chemicals is good for us. The truth is, it's not. Do you see people 200 years ago with acne? I don't.

Now am I actually telling you to eat nothing but organic food? Hell no. I don't eat halfway organic.

But I watch what I eat sometimes, instead of some man-made cookies I'll have an apple. I am slowly and surely noticing differences in my skin, my health, and my overall attitude.

Is this a miracle cure to health, no. Will this help with your acne, probably.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

the only long term change to my diet that i was able to make is eating honey when i feel the need to eat some sugar.

i still eat everything i want, if i couldn't, what the point of living :P

you shouldn't feel compelled to necessarily deny yourself of eating what you want to, just so you get clear skin. if you want to eat an apple then eat an apple if you want to eat a cookie, then do that. the truth is you can be totally anal about what you eat, and there's a possibility you will still get acne. although, i do think that we should think of ourselves as plants. anyone who's tried to grow buds (or vegetables or whatever) knows that it's hard work to grow a plant which thrives, at the same time your plant will grow when given just the bear minimum... however, the result of your carefully planned efforts will show by the strength of the plant at the time of harvest. take it one day at a time, eat how you want to not for tomorrow but for today. your diet does not have to be looked upon as the means to an end (clear skin), just enjoy it what you eat and what you do, whatever that may be.

some general rules...[from my subjective point of view]

if you eat well, you feel well.

if you eat lots of things you don't want to but which are "good for you",

you will probably crave what you are not allowing your self to eat,

this craving may create a problem for you. i/e you will might end up breaking whatever diet plans you have made for your self.

WHAT DO I DO THEN?!

i think pika is right in that this does not necessarily have to be a total diet overhaul, small changes in diet can be fun and will make a difference. I recommend exploring your produce section and being open-minded to things you have long feared. for example, the other day I actually ate tuna for the first time in 15+ years (beacause at some point i decided i would never eat fish) letting go of things like this may be the key to exploring other meals and other worlds. There is an entire WORLD of food!!! go explore it!!! boycott the drive-through.

In the eyes of a dreamer

In the eyes of a man

And you are the man

There was a time, when I could live without, a sense of pride. - The Red Chord

I once cleared my acne by eating nothing but unprocessed food, not only did it clear my acne but i looked better overall and felt very good too, there were 2 problems though:

I lost a stupid amount of weight and when there was no fat left for my body to consume my muscles shrank rapidly, I became painfully skinny which looks just as bad as acne IMO

And, the diet was so boring and strict that I eventually cracked anyway.

It's vital that your diet is exciting and varied if you are going to stick to it.

I once cleared my acne by eating nothing but unprocessed food, not only did it clear my acne but i looked better overall and felt very good too, there were 2 problems though:

I lost a stupid amount of weight and when there was no fat left for my body to consume my muscles shrank rapidly, I became painfully skinny which looks just as bad as acne IMO

And, the diet was so boring and strict that I eventually cracked anyway.

It's vital that your diet is exciting and varied if you are going to stick to it.

Thats why you have cheat days once or twice a week.

I did, once a week/fortnight (depending on my stregnth of will power) I would guzzle pizza coke and chocolate all day.

I still cracked and I still lost weight, a diet void of good protein is a bad diet IMO especially if your a guy looking to bulk up.

You also can't forget a surplus of calories is needed if your trying to bulk. Too many rookies focus on largeb amounts of protein, but the ody also needs surplus calories to grow.

We are being led to believe that science, with the help of chemicals is good for us. The truth is, it's not. Do you see people 200 years ago with acne? I don't.

You aren't big on history are you? Never read about Julius Caesar's son?

Magnesium Sulfate Anhydrous:

"3. Hazards Identification

Emergency Overview

--------------------------

CAUTION! MAY BE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. "

(Source: Material Safety Data Sheet)

Holistic forum users' "facts": CAUTION! MAY BE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED.

is that the guy who says, "Pizza Pizza" ??

In the eyes of a dreamer

In the eyes of a man

And you are the man

There was a time, when I could live without, a sense of pride. - The Red Chord

No I'm not, care to inform me?

Rubbish.

You can still retain healthy weight and eat an unproccessed diet.

Yes but just about everything except fruit and veg causes acne apparently.

I'm a man not a rabbit.

Canned tuna = processed

Non organic eggs =bad

Milk = processed

Theres no way I could bulk up without these things, besides I love food too much and I'v found a way of treating my acne without stressing over every little thing I put in my mouth.

Blue light rocks.

Julius Caesar's successor had acne.

Emergency Overview

Notice how you always see people asking, will this energy drink cause acne, well how about this candy bar.

Do you notice that you never hear someone asking will this apple cause acne? Because it won't. Its natural, and there are minimal to no added chemicals in them (if organic).

Now am I actually telling you to eat nothing but organic food? Hell no. I don't eat halfway organic.

But I watch what I eat sometimes, instead of some man-made cookies I'll have an apple. I am slowly and surely noticing differences in my skin, my health, and my overall attitude.

Oh my god!! I so agree with you. Even though that I don't eat much of organic foods. People don't realise the bad stuff (all the toxins) in the ordinary food and the pressure this adds onto our liver, causing more breakouts - will be changing my diet very soon

My Regime

Morning

Aubrey Organics - Green/Blue Algae Cleansing Lotion,

Aubrey Organics - Green/Blue Algae Toner,

Caudalie - Energizing Fluid

Evening

Same as morning but using Mario Badescu Drying Lotion on any whiteheads.

Julius Caesar's successor had acne.

Ok, one out of how many back then?

Oh my god!! I so agree with you. Even though that I don't eat much of organic foods. People don't realise the bad stuff (all the toxins) in the ordinary food and the pressure this adds onto our liver, causing more breakouts - will be changing my diet very soon

Glad you agree.

Acne existed. That's what you sought to disprove. What do you expect? A census that states how many people had acne? Acne isn't important enough to keep records of, particularly in the past before the internet, before readily available books and paper, and before widespread literacy. It amazes me how people can take something that so obviously offers nothing to their arguement and maintain that it proves it indisputably, simply because it's what they want to believe.

Emergency Overview

Looks probably didn't matter at all back then, but back then they probably never experienced the amount of stress and junk food that we have to deal with every day. IMO it is safe to say most people were clear back then.

What are you basing that "safe" statement upon?

Emergency Overview

Looks probably didn't matter at all back then, but back then they probably never experienced the amount of stress and junk food that we have to deal with every day. IMO it is safe to say most people were clear back then.

No stress??!?!? Are you kidding? You must not realise how easy we have it today!!! Possibly I could agree that less chemical laden foods MAY lead to less acne ....but lack of sound nutrition and basic hygiene could lead to MORE acne ....it's a toss up :S

No stress??!?!? Are you kidding? You must not realise how easy we have it today!!! Possibly I could agree that less chemical laden foods MAY lead to less acne ....but lack of sound nutrition and basic hygiene could lead to MORE acne ....it's a toss up :S

Common, clean fresh air everyday, working all day with your hands instead of going to gym occasionally: I'd say they never heard of the word stress. Have you ever stayed on a farm for longer than a month? People here in SA do it to relieve stress or sometimes we go mountain climbing or anything in open air inside or near a nature reserve. Food back in the days was much more nutritious than the garbage we eat today. The stuff we eat to stay healthy, they ate on a daily basis or as desert/

The only valid point you have is hygene, if acne existed back then, I'd say it was because of the lack of hygene

Food was more nutritious? Are you insane? Variety is the lifeblood of nutrition. Our diet exemplifies variety. Yeah, if you eat chips and fast food your statement is true. But if you eat chips and fast food, then it's your own fault, it has nothing to do with your generation.

Emergency Overview

Ya the nutritional value of the food is going down a bit due to the overuse of the soil but we are getting much more variety as was mentioned before so we are getting more of different vitamins than humans did even 50 years ago. Plus we have access to such high quality supplements that if we take the right ones, we can effeciently get any nutrient that we are lacking.

I grew up on a farm and it seems like the city people that come to farms to get away from it all or whatever don't really know what farming is. Planting seeds and breating fresh air with a whistle and no care isn't what farming is. There is a fuck load of stress and long hours due to you having to be a jack of all trades(You literally have to know how to fix any piece of machinery, building, etc... if you hope to cut costs and stay afloat). Couple that with rapidly fluxuating prices for certain commodities, trying to find buyers, picking what to grow each year and sometimes getting a grain or whatever that is attracting a low price that year, crop damage that literally destroys the years work due to drought, hail, fires, flooding, etc.., retarded subsidies by certain countries or regions(I'm looking at you Europe), paying $300,000 for one piece of equipment(Even the smallest farm has hundreds of thousands if not millions invested in machinery), and the fact that your 100,000 bushles of wheat may end up costing you money to grow instead of making you money due to all of the above and the stress adds up. I'd say there are few jobs int eh city that compare to the stress of farming(Such as owning your own business). Working in an organic farm for a while diggin up veggies doesn't make you a farmer or give you an accurate example of what it is like to run a farm. Farmers love what they do but damn do they know how to worry.

If you also think that there was no stress back then you are crazy. We are without a doubt, living in the most peaceful time in the history of man(Talking about first world nations and hell most other countries save a few when compared to anytime before us). I can't believe this isn't common knowledge. If you wish that you lived in any other time than now you are a nutcase and I won't take anything else you say seriously.

Finally, how the hell are you bulking up by substituting all those carb calories for protein? Isn't that extremely costly? Doesn't your kidneys punish you after taking in a lot of your 3500calorie intake as protein? You do know that carbs are the best way to give energy to your muscles and body after exercising and getting the right amount is just as essential to growing as protein or weightlifing, or getting good fats is?

Common, clean fresh air everyday, working all day with your hands instead of going to gym occasionally: I'd say they never heard of the word stress. Have you ever stayed on a farm for longer than a month? People here in SA do it to relieve stress or sometimes we go mountain climbing or anything in open air inside or near a nature reserve. Food back in the days was much more nutritious than the garbage we eat today. The stuff we eat to stay healthy, they ate on a daily basis or as desert/

The only valid point you have is hygene, if acne existed back then, I'd say it was because of the lack of hygene

I think we were talking about "back then" ( I will agree that staying on a farm today for relaxation is a great stress fix) But way back it was stressful.(maybe I'm thinking farther back then you?) Somehow being at the mercy of mother nature for you crops seems stressful...(remember no modern mechanical machines to till, plant ,or fertilize, no water irrigation systems, not even a garden hose for that matter. Crop faliure was a norm, that ment possible starvation in the winter months ( not only was there no food but no money from the sale of the crop either.)(stress??? maybe just a little? 12 to 15 hour back breaking days to keep the farm going from sun up to sun down....somehow I don't think that's what you are doing in SA for relaxation. Variety was limited to what you could grow on your property and what was wild. Again, if the birds swiped your berries you may just get scurvey during the winter months from lack on Vit C. If "honey" didn't track down some protien, then again you are up a creek ( remember only the well off actually had animals....oh and if Betsy the milk cow turned up ill...you can forget your calcium.) It was hard back then. People died young, working their fingers to the bone or from illnesses that we can easily combat today....hard times, the human spirit amazes me always........

I think we were talking about "back then" ( I will agree that staying on a farm today for relaxation is a great stress fix) But way back it was stressful.(maybe I'm thinking farther back then you?) Somehow being at the mercy of mother nature for you crops seems stressful...(remember no modern mechanical machines to till, plant ,or fertilize, no water irrigation systems, not even a garden hose for that matter. Crop faliure was a norm, that ment possible starvation in the winter months ( not only was there no food but no money from the sale of the crop either.)(stress??? maybe just a little? 12 to 15 hour back breaking days to keep the farm going from sun up to sun down....somehow I don't think that's what you are doing in SA for relaxation. Variety was limited to what you could grow on your property and what was wild. Again, if the birds swiped your berries you may just get scurvey during the winter months from lack on Vit C. If "honey" didn't track down some protien, then again you are up a creek ( remember only the well off actually had animals....oh and if Betsy the milk cow turned up ill...you can forget your calcium.) It was hard back then. People died young, working their fingers to the bone or from illnesses that we can easily combat today....hard times, the human spirit amazes me always........

I'm talking 19 hundreds as in 1900+ where quite a lot of people who lived on farms surpass 90 years of age.

Living the 1900's farm style, there was little or no stress, you've gotta experience this first hand, stay on a farm for at least a month with no electricity, do the daily tasks farmers were doing eg milking the cows, check that the sheep is doing fine, make sure there's enough food for the cattle and prepare your land for whatever your planting etc. This is damn hard work, but you're too tired after every day to even think about stress.

Long before 1900 lots of people died younger, so I'll accept your point there: less nutrition, maybe stress, little hygene... :cool: