Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New BF - should I tell him I have back acne?

10 posts in this topic

I'm 34 and have pretty bad scarring on my back. Strange thing -- I did not develop back acne until I was in my mid-20s. Anyhow, I have very few new breakouts BUT I have quite a few deep scars. Of course, I am extremely embarrassed about it and have gone to great lengths to stay as covered as possible!

I recently started dating someone new, and while we've been intimate a few times, I completely freak out when he attempts to touch my back! To make a long story short -- I am considering just telling him that I have this issue so I can relax and enjoy myself.

Has anyone ever had a conversation like this? What do I say?

the truth, that u have bacne, are u into any medication?

id rather liked my bf not to lie to me ;), if i had one :cry:

I'm 34 and have pretty bad scarring on my back. Strange thing -- I did not develop back acne until I was in my mid-20s. Anyhow, I have very few new breakouts BUT I have quite a few deep scars. Of course, I am extremely embarrassed about it and have gone to great lengths to stay as covered as possible!

I recently started dating someone new, and while we've been intimate a few times, I completely freak out when he attempts to touch my back! To make a long story short -- I am considering just telling him that I have this issue so I can relax and enjoy myself.

It's what is on the inside that counts hon. Doesnt matter what you look like even if you have acne or not, he should love you for what you are regardless if you have spots.

If he makes a fuss about you having acne. Drop him

I find a woman's back to be the sexiest part of her body. With that said, I wouldn't care if a girl I was seeing had back acne or scars. If it bothers you so much that you don't want him to touch your back, then just talk to him about it. If it's an issue for him, then he's obviously not the one for you (but I'll bet he'll understand).

I think you should just let him find out. Why would you want to tell him? Well if you do want to tell him, then wait until you two are closer and have gotten to know each other.

: )

I agree with Terri, just let him notice it. It's not like you have to warn him that you have an extra arm back there or something. If he seems like the type that you have to worry about his reaction to something like that then seems like a few scars are the least of your problems. Unless of course it's more you not wanting him to touch them, then tell him. But if you don't care than why should he?

Hi, I'm a guy. The last girl I really liked had bacne, bad teeth, weighed 90 lbs, and was 4'10", but I still liked her and a lot. She was real nice, but it was too bad she didn't like me back. :(. So it shouldn't matter, unless it's not a real relationship.

Just let him notice it. He's not really going to care about it when he sees it. Everyone has something. My ex had chest acne didn't even notice it to busy focused on other parts.

Curious to know how your new boyfriend reacted to your body acne. I think if your relationship isn't solid, then it could be a deal breaker. If he is the one, then your back acne wouldn't matter. So the answer really depends on who you are dating.