Photo

Too much peachfuzz

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 ilonka

ilonka

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 22 December 2005 - 08:57 PM

The last 4 years I am embaressed to be seen in natural light not only cause of my acne and scars but also my peach fuzz. Usually everyone girls face I look at close up , has peachfuzz , but it looks fine , it grows all in one direction. Mine just grows in different directions and looks really scary. I try to pluck some out from my chin but , ther is just to much to do get it all out,I notice older woman have this problem. Do u think I should shave it???And why me?

#2 bara

bara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2005 - 09:07 PM

That's happening to me too. I don't know why, i know it's hormonal, I know older woman have this problem because of aging, but I'm only 20 and I have no clue what I'm supposed to do, I don't think i have aging hormones yet.

#3 ilonka

ilonka

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2005 - 09:11 PM

[quote
[/quote]
im 23 soo ya my derm. cant tell me he just looks at my face and tells me im fine , he is a douche
but im glad im not the only one .

do u ever pluck them?

#4 bara

bara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2005 - 10:11 PM

I have too much to pluck, lol. I pluck the obvious ones, and I lost my head and waxed, biggest mistake ever. don't EVER wax your face, even with wax made especially for the face.

But I'm gonna try and pluck them all soon, It's going to take alot of time and patience though.

#5 ilonka

ilonka

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2005 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE(bara @ Dec 23 2005, 12:11 AM) View Post

I have too much to pluck, lol. I pluck the obvious ones, and I lost my head and waxed, biggest mistake ever. don't EVER wax your face, even with wax made especially for the face.

But I'm gonna try and pluck them all soon, It's going to take alot of time and patience though.

ya and u know they grow back like the next day on me lol

#6 sassy561

sassy561

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2005 - 09:03 AM

Ilonka,

I have the same problem, my peachfuzz is longer than most people's and I seem to have more of it than most people my age (27) It's sort of a "new" thing for me too because it wasn't always this way - I had all of my hormone levels checked (a good idea if you suddenly get hairier) but everything was normal. The doctor told me that some people are just very sensitive to testosterone and even though my testosterone is normal, my follicles are just extra sensitive to any amount of it, hence the increased hair. (GREAT)

In any event, you cannot get laser removal for peach fuzz. The hair is too light and fine for it to be successful. THere is even one IPL (The Aurora) laser hair removal machine that some clinics CLAIM will get rid of peachfuzz (because it does get rid of blonde hair) HOWEVER I went to a reputable center who uses this machine and she said she would not take my money for peachfuzz because it simply would not work.

Please look into threading for your peachfuzz. I just had this done on my entire face and it was wonderful! It's something that you have to keep up, but it does not irritate your skin like waxing. (I was afraid to wax because of my acne prone skin)

Here is info on threading
http://www.spaindex....s/Threading.htm
You can search for a place in your area that offers it.

ALSO here is a thread going right now for other girle with "hair" issues. YOu are not alone....

http://www.acne.org/...showtopic=43258

#7 ilonka

ilonka

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2005 - 10:10 AM

[quote name='sassy561' date='Dec 23 2005,
[/quote]
wow thankyou for that info. Thats interesting ,being sensitive to testostore,I know I have alittle more than I should ,when I took some tests. But that makes somuchsense. I will definetly start threading ,my friend julia did my chin once,and it hurt like a biatch! but I guess if its the only thing for now i will take the pain,

#8 Guest_funkychicken_*

Guest_funkychicken_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 23 December 2005 - 10:28 AM

well Ive learnt 2 new words today - peachfuzz and douche! lol

#9 Ris

Ris

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2005 - 11:44 AM

^ oh my lol. So threading hurts? Not that it really matters because I want this stupid hair gone at almost any cost...just wondering..

#10 ilonka

ilonka

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2005 - 05:31 PM

[quote It suck cause on some girls the hair looks really nice and shiny againt the skin, like along the jawline . oh well gotta remove it

#11 Donkey143

Donkey143

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2005 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(Ris @ Dec 23 2005, 11:44 AM) View Post

^ oh my lol. So threading hurts? Not that it really matters because I want this stupid hair gone at almost any cost...just wondering..

threading doesn't hurt much, it stings a little but thats about it.

#12 Unknown.

Unknown.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2005 - 05:53 PM

dont worry ilonka you look pretty hot in your pic.......

#13 ilonka

ilonka

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 23 December 2005 - 09:14 PM

ya , I guess if I can steam my face well and open my pores in would be easier

#14 yoginijen

yoginijen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2005 - 12:13 AM

I have the same problem. I can pluck a few long hairs, but there are too many shorter, finer hairs to pluck. In the past I've had the most success with waxing, but I had one bad experience that scared me away from it.

I always had it done at a salon, and then one time, I don't know if the wax was too hot or if it had something to do with my skin, but some of my skin came off when the wax was ripped off. I had scabs on my face for over a week. It looked awful. Ever since, I've been too scared to do it again. sad.gif

Since then, I've used Nair for faces. It seemed to work pretty well. Wasn't painful. Although, now that I'm on the regimen I might not be able to do that anymore.

#15 Ris

Ris

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2005 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE(yoginijen @ Dec 24 2005, 01:13 AM) View Post

I have the same problem. I can pluck a few long hairs, but there are too many shorter, finer hairs to pluck. In the past I've had the most success with waxing, but I had one bad experience that scared me away from it.

I always had it done at a salon, and then one time, I don't know if the wax was too hot or if it had something to do with my skin, but some of my skin came off when the wax was ripped off. I had scabs on my face for over a week. It looked awful. Ever since, I've been too scared to do it again. sad.gif

Since then, I've used Nair for faces. It seemed to work pretty well. Wasn't painful. Although, now that I'm on the regimen I might not be able to do that anymore.

Ouch..thats happened to me before where skin came off with the wax, left lil scabs on my face. But I think that was because of the acne meds i was on at the time, made my skin super sensitive...but yeah, I feel your pain! Had bad experience with Nair for the face too..got burned, more scabs! lol Well until I find a threading place...or save up some dough for laser hair removal, Im gonna keep waxing and plucking rolleyes.gif

#16 rakiebakie

rakiebakie

Cute ^^

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 December 2005 - 07:36 AM

same thing happened to my friend, she got electrolosis.

#17 ilonka

ilonka

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2005 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE(rakiebakie @ Dec 25 2005, 09:36 AM) View Post

no way it worked ? I though it doesnt taake thin blond hair

#18 Guest_Grow_To_Overthrow_*

Guest_Grow_To_Overthrow_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 26 December 2005 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE(ilonka @ Dec 26 2005, 05:38 PM) View Post

I think you may be thinking of IPL hair removal ilonka, that wont get lighter hair because it works off pigment.

#19 Guest_Virgo_*

Guest_Virgo_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 26 December 2005 - 12:49 AM

wax!

i love wax

it never really hurts for me when i get my brows waxed.. maybe for a millisecond

#20 ilonka

ilonka

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2005 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE(Grow_To_Overthrow @ Dec 26 2005, 02:41 AM) View Post

QUOTE(ilonka @ Dec 26 2005, 05:38 PM) View Post

I think you may be thinking of IPL hair removal ilonka, that wont get lighter hair because it works off pigment.

thankyou for correcting me again