dermabrasion microdermabrasion depression

8 replies to this topic

#1 f0kus

f0kus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2005 - 08:25 PM

I have had bad acne since I went off the pill at the start of the year. I was on anti depressants and the pill and went off both because I wanted to treat it naturally.

After:
10 Microdermabrasion treatments
Fortnightly naturopathy appointments and herbal treatments
Series of facials
Differin
Eryacne
and a prescription for roaccutane (which i dont want to take because of my history with depression)
Plus gaining weight after coming off the pill...

I have decided I have had enough and wanted to go back on the pill. When I went to see the doctor he told me that I should try chinese medicine first and said that naturopathy doesnt really work for acne..

So I saw a chinese doctor and shes given me stuff to fix up my spleen/liver/kidney etc apparently they are stressed but she said if the acne is mainly hormonal based it wont work because they dont work on hormones in chinese medicine but if it is mainly caused by other things then they can fix it. So i am taking the herbal tea she gave me and I know that my skin is mainly hormonal but I think the chinese medicine could make me feel heathly and better on different levels. So... can I take both?

My acne is because I produce too much testosterone. Chinese medicine does not work on your hormones but it does work on other things. So if it doesnt work on my hormone levels, is there a problem with me going on the pill?

I cant get an appointment with the chinese medicine docotor for another 3 weeks (due to xmas) and I should have asked then but I didnt... she was keen to get me to try this for a few weeks before I try to go back on the pill but I am tired of having bad skin and thought I should just go on the pill anyway...

Any advice?

#2 Amazing And Necessary

Amazing And Necessary

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2005 - 08:31 PM

I don't really have any good advice, but good luck I guess. Is she basically just making you drink the herbal tea as a treatment? I have heard before that green tea, which is a herbal, chinese tea, helps acne, and it also boosts metabolism.

~God grant me the serenity~
~To Accept the things I cannot change~
~Courage to Change the things I can~
~And Wisdom to know the difference~

#3 f0kus

f0kus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2005 - 08:50 PM

Hi there

I drink green tea twice a day currently..

She mixed up the tea herself and I drink it twice a day. Its dissolved in half a mug of hot water and you can drink it hot or cold. Its not really tea... it looks like a powder...

Thanks for your support smile.gif

#4 ch0c0freak

ch0c0freak

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2005 - 03:53 AM

green tea IS tea. it's from the same plant as the normal black tea that we drink, just that green tea doesnt go thru the fermentation process. the powder that you drink is actually pulverised tea leaves. Drinking the powder is better than the ones in tea bags.

#5 f0kus

f0kus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:04 AM

I know green tea is tea.. the powder stuff was the mix the chinese doctor gave me.. but thanks for confirming that the stuff she gave is tea..

#6 JT21378

JT21378

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Ask, and I shall answer.

Posted 17 December 2005 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE(ch0c0freak @ Dec 17 2005, 04:53 AM) View Post

green tea IS tea. it's from the same plant as the normal black tea that we drink, just that green tea doesnt go thru the fermentation process. the powder that you drink is actually pulverised tea leaves. Drinking the powder is better than the ones in tea bags.

What are the benefits from drinking gren tea?

#7 ch0c0freak

ch0c0freak

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2005 - 01:14 AM

there are lots of benefits of green tea, but mostly it's for it's antioxidant benefits. here's a few sites you might want to check out:

http://www.green-tea...-green-tea.html

http://www.innervibr...n_tea_benefits/

#8 ZhenZhu

ZhenZhu

licensed esthetician 2004

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I cleared my worst breakout in a 20 yr acne battle with Rx Chinese herbs.

Achievements

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:25 PM

But there are no benefits in taking caffeine...

• Clear Skin and Anxiety Maintenance Routine:
  • Supplements: Shi wei Bei Du Tang (powder by Sun Ten) and the Zhen Zhu An Chuang Pan (tablets by Guang Ci Tang)  both for acne+ other Chinese mood stabilizers. 
  •  20,000IU+ of Vitamin D/day (+ antioxidants and multi with minerals)
  • Diet: Ultra Meal and Orac Energy Greens shakes- no meat, coffee,  dairy, gluten or alcohol
  • Topical: crysanthemum and MSM baths and cleansing with Proactiv Deep and Kavi Coral on Konjac sponge to exfoliate, and Jason Aloe and Tea Tree and Hyaluronic Acid to heal and hydrate. 
  • Lifestyle: 8 hrs sleep, light exercise only, >1hr sun exposure daily, no fluoride toothpastes, no sulfate shampoos, clean shower/pillowcase.

#9 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

What kind of doctor do you have? What is your diet like?

And why don't you try spiro if you've been diagnosed as having high testosterone? Do you have PCOS?

Edited by alternativista, 27 July 2014 - 01:31 PM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users