Photo

zinc cause acne?

zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 tom_tom

tom_tom

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2005 - 03:17 PM

iknow zinc is good for skin health and fight acne..but im having different experience
looks like whenever i take a zin supplement iget acne blemish on forehead and scalp
painful ones..
does anyone have similar bizzare exprerience..

#2 aside

aside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2005 - 06:27 AM

when i first got acne, tha zinc almost cleared it all up.. and then i dunno, it jus came back. now it doesn't really do anything for me, but i still take it.

#3 tom_tom

tom_tom

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:12 PM

iknow anyone whom ihve asked says zinc helps iwth acne
but i think its opposite for me..still cant find wat exactly is trigguring my acne
im sure its some food related

#4 entic

entic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2005 - 06:41 PM

A zinc deficiency leads to low testosterone. Zinc supplementation in those with deficiencies will boost testosterone to normal levels, causing an increase in acne. Excessive supplementation WON'T boost T levels above normal, and so should have a beneficial effect on acne. Whether this is enough to counter the increase in testosterone is a matter of individual variance.

#5 StockAim

StockAim

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:13 PM

I had the same experience.

I never had a pimple the other month. And I heard that zinc clears up red spots or old acne scars.
Thats why I started it last Tuesday. And I admit that I have never been having as many pimples as i have had this week.
I mean Lots of them.

Today Is wednesday and I wont take the pill anymore.

#6 jonesoobala

jonesoobala

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:30 PM

The trick is to eat foods rich in zinc! Eating the foods that are rich in zinc helps you better absorb the nutrient. Not only that but it's TASTIER. And you can mix it with other foods high in MORE beneficial nutrients and vitamins. Here goes a little list of foods with zinc:

Oysters
Pine Nuts
Wheat Bran
Pecans
Cashews
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Honestly what I would do is start eating a high quality wheat bran cereal with almond milk in the morning. And roasting pumpkin seeds yourself with some extra virgin olive oil as a snack throughout the day (I'm sure this would be more feesable when the pumpkins are in season).

#7 GreenEyes33

GreenEyes33

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:02 AM

I found the same thing. But once I changed my diet, the zinc helped amazingly again.

It's important to have! I no longer get sick in the winter, and I used to be sick twice a month. I would miss weeks of school! Just make sure you take one with copper, and like I said, dont rely on it but change your diet too.

#8 carter8

carter8

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:39 PM

I heard about zinc helping slow down the production of acne so i used a liquid solution u apply to your face called zinc pyrithione. Now keep in mind I had 4 hormonal ones and I wanted to clear them up for a party so I used this every day for a week before. Well every day I started getting more and more until now it has been 2 weeks and I must have 70 swollen red painful pimples all over my chest. For awhile I did not know what it was but I am pretty sure the only thing it can be is the zinc. Is it possible for it to have reverse effects on some individuals? has anyone ever heard of this?