Photo

Are You Getting Enough Sulfur?

vitamin vitamins calcium zinc selenium

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
112 replies to this topic

#21 Dreame123

Dreame123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE(muppetface @ Dec 7 2005, 08:12 PM) View Post

I've been drinking epsom salt for a week, and I have cleared up completely!! I figured it was the sulfur!

I have really bad diahrrea from drinking epsom salt, but I know that is just because my system is being cleared out!

I only have 1 active zit, and the rest are scars. I am also using AHAVA dead sea products, and they are helping clear up my previous scars.

snow...

Where do you buy Epson or Epsom Salt? Is it the same stuff that they put in bath salts?

How much did you drink and how many times a day?

Also what kind of acne did you have?

Thanks a bunch biggrin.gif

~You may be right, I may be crazy..But it just may be a lunatic you're lookin' for~

#22 whitershadeofpale

whitershadeofpale

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2005 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE(Dreame123 @ Dec 9 2005, 03:57 PM) View Post

QUOTE(muppetface @ Dec 7 2005, 08:12 PM) View Post

I've been drinking epsom salt for a week, and I have cleared up completely!! I figured it was the sulfur!

I have really bad diahrrea from drinking epsom salt, but I know that is just because my system is being cleared out!

I only have 1 active zit, and the rest are scars. I am also using AHAVA dead sea products, and they are helping clear up my previous scars.

snow...

Where do you buy Epson or Epsom Salt? Is it the same stuff that they put in bath salts?

How much did you drink and how many times a day?

Also what kind of acne did you have?

Thanks a bunch biggrin.gif

I bought Epsom salt at Ray's market. It was the Western Family Brand. It was pretty cheap for a big bag.
I drank 3 teaspoons a day, that is what they reccomend on the back of the package. It tastes HORRID, so I added a little bit of squeezed grapefruit juice to it.

My acne was very severe. I would usually wake up with about 5 new zits per day. I am getting about 1 zit a day know. You aren't supposed to take it everyday. I only drank it for 4 days in a row.

snow...
My regimen:

.Low Glycemic Diet
.ANYTHING high in sugar will make me break out

Skincare:

.MD Forte
.Alpha hydrox
.Proactiv Toner

#23 NoLongerActive

NoLongerActive

Leon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2005 - 07:37 PM

Epsom salt may be a good mineral to read up on. Amid the Falling snow... noticed amazing results, and it does contain Sulfur like you said. Acne is often the result of a PH imbalance on the surface of the skin which gives Bacteria the ideal conditions in which to infect hair follicles. Salt neutralizes acid chemically, so perhaps this also improves skin condition by eliminating the conditions Acne needs to develop. You would also be getting plenty of organic Sulfur through drinking Epsom salt. Thanks for sharing that I will have to try some.

I bought some Glucosamine and MSM supplements from the store yesterday. There is a notable difference taking them, without the need to eat raw vegetables any more.

KT you asked if MSM was the same thing, yes. Its one of the many organic Sulfur compounds the body needs, Glucosamine is another. Taking the two combined, in regular doses as specified on the container, gives the body enough organic Sulfur to synthesize the rest. Beats eating raw onions for me. You can find them in the same capsules at your local supermarket.

MSM plus Glucosamine is listed under bone health because it is vital for the production of Collagen. If you recognize that name its because many skincare products state its importance on regular TV commercials. Collagen is a core material of the skin. I listed the effects of supplementing these organic Sulfurs into the diet in an earlier post.

I would definately recommend drinking Green Tea too. From my own experience its especially effective in the case of comedonal Acne, and there are masses of clinical research trials done with Flavanoids. Green Tea is highly saturated with these compounds, and I agree with the research that it improves Acne symptoms a great deal.

*Leon* (No more onions unless they're fried. MSM + Glucosamine capsules are the best option)
Beauty is in the eyes of the media

#24 Veen

Veen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2006 - 03:27 PM

Very interesting topic!!

So you're going for the MSM and glucosamine... a month has passed, can you tell something about its effect?

In the netherlands people like to eat raw herring with raw onions biggrin.gif

BTW kefir has a lot of sulphur too! but I dont like it
Disease cannot live in a body that is in a healthy emotional state. 

#25 elfgirl

elfgirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2006 - 06:30 PM

yes, please tell us about the msm and glucosmine. ran on to this thread last nite and didn't have any trouble cutting the onion up small and swallowing them chased by oj. today I put them in my tuna salad and had no problem with that, but if the real stuff is better at clearing and preventing acne then the pills, then I think I can find ways to get around the taste and smell. Please do update for us and let us know how this is working for you. Thanks

#26 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:01 PM

Sulfur just sounds so promising.... I'm gonna eat raw garlic and onions until I can make it to the store to get some MSM pills.

Hopefully this will further benefit the internal regime, I think I have my topical regime almost perfected by now.
topical:
tea tree oil soap.
qh mint julep mask.
hydrogen peroxide for occassional spot treatment.
shaving for exfoliation.
internally:
fish oil, 3g daily.

#27 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:05 PM

Just got some MSM powder with Vitamin C, I'll post whatever results there are soon.
topical:
tea tree oil soap.
qh mint julep mask.
shaving for exfoliation.
internally:
fish oil, 3g daily.

#28 Veen

Veen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:18 AM

Ok. How much MSM will you take each day?
Disease cannot live in a body that is in a healthy emotional state. 

#29 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:35 AM

Around 2000mg's.
topical:
tea tree oil soap.
qh mint julep mask.
shaving for exfoliation.
internally:
fish oil, 3g daily.

#30 Gurra

Gurra

Zues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2006 - 04:09 AM

Why eating raw onions? Have anyone found a reliable source that the sulphur is destroyed when cooking it? It sounds strange.

#31 searching4thecure

searching4thecure

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:32 PM

Hey Leon...
I know you said your acne has improved right after you incorporated sulfur...
but when you started eating Total each morning did that do anything?

B/c I have been wondering for awhile now if taking multivitamin would improve my acne,
but I keep hearing mixed feelings on them. Some people say take one everyday, others say every other day, some say dont at all b/c once you stop your immune system is greatly weakened, others say they are so large it just comes out in the urine, and lastly, some people say it can make acne worse because of iodine and other things in it....... and you say you take Total instead.........

That's A LOT OF different viewpoints!!!

Could anyone help me with this? Has anyone experienced improvement just from TAKING a multivitamin??
Plus, I was thinking about doing the whole zinc thing... but then I thought wait, why do that when you can just pop a multi and get EVERYTHING you need? Plus if I were to take 50 mg of zinc a day don't I need copper to back it up so I dont become deficient???

Or should I test out this sulfur thing first.......... ARGHHHHH

Help!!

<333
*It's a bitter sweet symphony this life*

#32 searching4thecure

searching4thecure

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2006 - 12:14 AM

What ARE the symptons of being deficient of sulfur?

Or there arent any?
*It's a bitter sweet symphony this life*

#33 G20

G20

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 15 January 2006 - 12:33 AM

I just thought i would add that during my senior year of high school and freshman year of college i was on a drug called sulfamethoxazole that a dermatologist prescribed me and I NEVER had problems with acne while I was on it. Thinking back I was also using Retin A. Anyway just thought this might be related to sulfur intake. Gotta go order some sulfur supplements. Bye

I just ordered some MSM ( Methylsulfonylmethane ), Pure Lignisul, 500mg - 500 Caps. Got it from this natural herbal shop at http://www.herbalrem...s.com/1312.html Hope it helps. Couldnt possibly hurt.

Clear Skin Regimen

Wake Up:
Cetaphil Antibacterial Soap
Clear Skin Regimen Bp Gel
Eucerin Daily Skin Renewel
1 gram MSM Supplement

After Shower:
Cetaphil Antibacterial Soap
Clear Skin Regimen Bp Gel
Eucerin Daily Skin Renewel
1 gram MSM Supplement

#34 Case N

Case N

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:24 PM

*BUMP* I SAID MOTHERFARKING BUMP DAGGUMMIT.......!!!!!!!!!!!

#35 terryh

terryh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:33 PM

i liked this topic too thanx for the bump
think for yourself

#36 Ariventa

Ariventa

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2006 - 04:14 PM

Agreed. Sulfur (esp. MSM) is great and somewhat difficult to get a significant amount from food. One of my favorite supplements.

#37 aussiegirl

aussiegirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2006 - 05:19 PM

Interestingly, sulfuric foods are also regarded as being key to killing candida. Many of the candida diets advise the intake of raw onion, broccoli and other sulfur-forming vegetables.

Something I found very interesting while doing some research into skin conditions is that the skin directly mimics the condition of the intestinal walls. Ie if your intestinal walls are damaged etc through either candida or some other digestive condition, then it will cause acne.

I am taking about a cup of aloe vera juice a day to help soothe and rebuild my digestive tract, along with the sulfur-based foods, and it seems to be helping.

Oh, and one other thing which may be relevant - serotonin (the feel-good and sleep endorphin) is made in the digestive tract - so if the digestive system isn't functioning properly, the likely result is insomnia and sleep problems.

#38 Namc

Namc

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2006 - 05:44 PM

Hi guys,

well I've gone and bought some onions and OJ, and was just wondering how many onions a day do you think one should take? like half a onion, 2 onions?

cheers!

#39 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2006 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE(aussiegirl @ Apr 9 2006, 04:19 PM) View Post

Interestingly, sulfuric foods are also regarded as being key to killing candida. Many of the candida diets advise the intake of raw onion, broccoli and other sulfur-forming vegetables.

Something I found very interesting while doing some research into skin conditions is that the skin directly mimics the condition of the intestinal walls. Ie if your intestinal walls are damaged etc through either candida or some other digestive condition, then it will cause acne.

I am taking about a cup of aloe vera juice a day to help soothe and rebuild my digestive tract, along with the sulfur-based foods, and it seems to be helping.

Oh, and one other thing which may be relevant - serotonin (the feel-good and sleep endorphin) is made in the digestive tract - so if the digestive system isn't functioning properly, the likely result is insomnia and sleep problems.

If you really wanna speed up the rebuilding of the digestive tract, start adding Colostrum supplements and L-Glutamine to your regime. Just a week after adding those, I'm not getting constipation, terrible indigestion, or gas that I had to deal with for a month.
topical:
tea tree oil soap.
qh mint julep mask.
shaving for exfoliation.
internally:
fish oil, 3g daily.

#40 aussiegirl

aussiegirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2006 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE(rubber sheep @ Apr 9 2006, 05:55 PM) View Post

QUOTE(aussiegirl @ Apr 9 2006, 04:19 PM) View Post

If you really wanna speed up the rebuilding of the digestive tract, start adding Colostrum supplements and L-Glutamine to your regime. Just a week after adding those, I'm not getting constipation, terrible indigestion, or gas that I had to deal with for a month.

Yep, been taking colostrum for about 2 months - along with SPFloractiv which works in conjunction with the colostrum to speed up the process. Glutamine is also taken daily - but by default - because I use it as part of my weight-training regime. Digestive enzymes and probiotics are also key.