Photo

Sulfur for acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#21 Dancer15

Dancer15

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Mars2020 @ Apr 9 2010, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although it is a spot treatment, I highly recommend D'Arcy Overnight Drying. Check it out at Skinstore.com.

Del La Cruz labs makes a product that contains 10% sulfur. It got rid of my acne gently without leaving nasty red marks. seriously give it a try. you can order it online at walgreens.

#22 Lady Katie

Lady Katie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:18 AM

After reading all your posts, I think I will try the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask and the Clearasil Adult Acne Formula cream. I hope this works! When I was younger, Benzoyl Peroxide worked wonders for me but then I developed an allergy to it. My eyes would puff up and my skin would become red and itchy. I've been using salicylic acid washes and treatments for many years, and I think it helps to a point, but I still have breakouts, especially on my chin. I purchased Murad years ago, and remember the spot treatment with sulfur in it working wonders, so I have high hopes for using sulfur treatments! If these work for me, I will try buying a sulfur soap, as I have body acne as well.

#23 californiaEstie

californiaEstie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:31 AM

I ADORE DDF's Sulfur Mask. I believe it's 10%. It is sooooo good, try it!
http://www.sephora.c.....20sulfur mask

#24 Lady Katie

Lady Katie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:08 PM

I'll keep the mask in mind smile.gif I lied. I bought Acnomel from the drug store. Couldn't find any soaps with sulfur in it, so I ordered SAL3. Can't wait to get it! Just applied the Acnomel. smile.gif

#25 wsxdrfvgy

wsxdrfvgy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

Sorry to bring up a somewhat old topic again, but I just wanted to share my experiences with some of the sulfur products mentioned here in case anyone else is interested.

I've used DDF's (very expensive) sulfur mask, and it has never once improved my skin in any way. Although I can see it works for some people, in my opinion it's not at all worth the money. It irritates my eyes and makes them water terribly, and worse does absolutely nothing for my active acne. My face looks exactly the same when I take it off.

I also have been using De La Cruz Labs 10% sulfur ointment, and it's actually been making me break out more and is really greasy and uncomfortable. It hasn't made a single pimple on my face shrink.

The only sulfur product I've had success with is Acnevir Acne & Redness relief gel, I reckon it's a bit like Acnomel but I've never used that. I'm only going by some of the main ingredients. But by the end of the tube my results weren't as impressive - I'm wondering if maybe my skin is immune to sulfur treatments now?
Anyway I hope you find a sulfur treatment that works for you smile.gif

#26 Box90

Box90

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:50 AM

For sulfur soap, I use and have been regularly ordering the SAL3 bar soap.

For ointment, I use when my skin gets too dry in spots but still want sulfur treatment.

#27 Box90

Box90

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (Box90 @ Jul 13 2010, 05:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For sulfur soap, I use and have been regularly ordering the SAL3 bar soap at sulfursoap dot com.

For ointment, I use sulfurointment dot com when my skin gets too dry in spots but still want sulfur treatment.

I don't know why it didn't allow the links where I order, but I guess I'll have to spell it out like this, for sulphur soap I use sulfursoap dot com. For sulfur ointment I use sulfurointment dot com

#28 almost pretty

almost pretty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (wicked1973 @ Dec 3 2005, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi , Recently I used the acne complex from Murad.It did not really work.The only thing that worked a little was the sulfur 6% ointment.Does anyone know where can I get any medication for acne that has sulfur in form of a bar,ointment, mask or anything.

what helped my acne the most is sulfur soap. my favorite one is joesoef's 10% sulfur soap.
My Favs:
Acne Treatment- sulfur products (joesoef 10% sulfur soap)
Hyperpigmentation Treatment- Licorice ( mario badescu whitening mask)
Texture/Shallow Scarring Treatment- topical vitamin E (mario badescu vitamin e cream)
Gentle cleanser- boscia purifying cleansing gel
Moisturizer- cerave lotion

Quote of the week: everyone dies but not everyone LIVES...are you living???

#29 ckn510

ckn510

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:36 AM

Hello, I am not sure if anyone has answered your question yet, but after a long search. I finally found an sulfur acne mask at a walgreens, so you might try their online store. I found it near the pharmacy not with the other acne creams and such, it was in a little natural section they had near the cold medicine.
Hope this helps...oh it is a 10% mask they also had a bar soap.

#30 johnny28

johnny28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

I bought P. Th. Roth Sulfur Cooling Masque and I'd like to know how often I can use it.. My regimen includes washing with tea trea oil and epiduo once a day. I have oily skin but also alot of dry flaky skin.
Btw must be something wrong with me cos I absolutely love smell of the mask..

#31 heyericw

heyericw

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:31 PM

Last week I bought the De La Cruz 10% sulfur ointment from walgreens and it has made the MOST DRAMATIC difference in reducing my acne than anything I have ever tried. I wash my face morning and night with neutrogena daily scrub and then apply the sulfur ointment both morning and night. I do not use any other moisturizer or toner or anything with it. I've read some people complain that it dries their skin out, but it doesn't do that to me at all. I would typically have a pretty greasy face by lunch time, and now that I'm using the sulfur it actually gives my face a matte look, and keeps it pretty shine free. I tried it for the first time at night, and by the next morning 2 big zits I had popped that day were actually a little less red already. It has a sort of thick consistency, and it looks like it would make your face greasy, but it doesn't for me at all. I use about a dime size amount of ointment for each side of my face and forehead.

So, I would most definitely recommend trying out the De La Cruz 10% sulfur ointment. At Walgreens it is only $4.99. And I almost gave up looking for it because I couldn't find it with the other acne products. I found it in the shampoo aisle among other ethnic products.
http://www.walgreens...2872361-product
I don't know if that link will be deleted, but you can look the stuff up on Walgreen's website.

Here are the reviews I read about it that convinced me to try it:
http://www.buzzillio...eview-tabs-list

#32 m72

m72

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (johnny28 @ Jul 29 2010, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought P. Th. Roth Sulfur Cooling Masque and I'd like to know how often I can use it.. My regimen includes washing with tea trea oil and epiduo once a day. I have oily skin but also alot of dry flaky skin.
Btw must be something wrong with me cos I absolutely love smell of the mask..

I think you should have 2 cleansers so your face does not get to use to it.
I go between my SULFUR SOAP & BIORE FACE WASH for acne -and the BIORE acne lotion(very good).Biore is one of the top cleansers on the supermarket/drugstore shelves.It will never ever clog your pores and it is not made with any cheap detergent fillers like SODIUM LAUREL SULFATE.
CAN YOU BELIEVE OLAY products have some of the worst ingredients for your skin.
SODIUM LAUREL SULFATE is the same cheap harsh filler ingredient- used in dish washing detergents,laundry soaps and cleaning products.
It is also put in some shampoos like Pantene. IF YOU Use Pantene shampoo for a week and you will strip out your hair and it will become brittle.

NOT to be mistaken with SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE.

IF YOU PRODUCT CONTAINS:SODIUM laur"EL" SULFATE-- DONT BUY!

IF YOUR PRODUCT CONTAINS:SODIUM laure"TH" SULFATE--SAFE TO BUY

just remember SODIUM LAUREL is hell-thats how I remember the bad one!

#33 OmegaisJaded

OmegaisJaded

Pokemon Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:23 AM

I really like acnomel for spot treatments. I can't use it more than two night in a row because it is very drying...and I don't even think about applying it all over. Other then that it dries up the pus-filled zits pretty darn well,but doesn't do anything for zits that have not reached a head.
Supplements:
25mg zinc citrate,1g B5(two 500mg caps,one with breakfast and one with dinner),500mg curcumin with biperine,Carlson's fish oil
Day Routine:
Honey/Clay Cleanser (1Tablespoon raw honey,1 tablespoon dry clay,4 Tablespoons water)
ACV Toner (half ACV,half water or green tea)
MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Mist

Night Routine:
Aveeno Ultra Calming Foam cleanser
ACV toner
MyChelle Skin Clearing Serum

Trinessa BCP
80%-90% clearer than before,depending on the "monthly terror" and luck
I'm always looking for homemade skincare recipes! Please share yours with me!

#34 jack3100

jack3100

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:47 PM

what is lowest percent that will kill p,.acnes

#35 MiszLatasha

MiszLatasha

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:07 AM

Clearasil adult treatment cream is the only thing that has worked for me so far

#36 anjarew

anjarew

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:03 AM

Prosacea has sulfur. You can get it at target for about 10 bucks.

#37 AnneFrancesFelicity

AnneFrancesFelicity

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

I'm now taking sulphur for my skin as a combo of proactiv and bio oil has done wonders for my skin. Also used the new benefit b.right stuff which is really hydrating for combo skin.
Sulphur is a massive part of keratin and other things used to make up skin and hair so I'm hoping I'll see even a minor improvement.

#38 AcneSlayer

AcneSlayer

Live. Laugh. Love.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:33 PM

I absolutely love the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. It's cheap, and it's very effective. I use it as both a mask (about once every two weeks) and as a spot treatment.

90% Clear thanks to Ortho Tri-Cyclin Lo!
Current Routine:
-Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub
-Carley's Clear and Smooth Exotic Butter Moisturizer
-Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer with SPF 30
-Clean and Clear Persa Gel Maxiumum Strength (spot treat)
-Tretinoin 0.05% (currently twice weekly at night)
-Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask (once a week)
-Everday Minerals Mineral Makeup
-Ortho Tri-Cyclin Lo

#39 iwantflawlessskin1023

iwantflawlessskin1023

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (princess_nannan @ Dec 4 2005, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Queen helene mint julep masque, philosophy on a clear day cleanser, proactiv mask.

Hey plush me and u have the exact same reigmen and skin type - what works for u?

#40 john777

john777

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

I am not surprised that sulphur helps acne and I found out about totally by accident. Years back I had a job where I emptied 50 lb bags of powdered sulphur into a large mixer, and some of the dust would escape the dust collection and lightly coat me.  After a while I had noticed that my adult acne was substantially cleared up and that my skin was not as oily. I eventually came to the conclusion it was the sulphur.  I had used a lot of topicals in my teens and early 20s, and imagine that sulphur could have substantially helped had I tried it, as it clearly helped in my adult years.

Sulphur has natural antibiotic properties and probably why natural sulphur springs often have healing properties.